View Poll Results: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

61 82.43%
  • Nope

13 17.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

Well?

Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

Sounds A LOT better than cap relief at this point
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

Depends - so I don't vote.

YES, Sure his D isnt as good as Ron's but sure as hell is alot better on offense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd do it whether he'll play this season or not. If he will, great. If not, we will be happy we did it next season.

Plus, the fact that a trade would be done will make our guys much more focused on the season. We'd have a great player waiting for us next year.

Yep. A lot better than the other rumors out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. A lot better than the other rumors out there.
    No doubt, regardless of Injury still one of the best deals we could have got straight up..

His game is perfect as well when our offense somdtimes stagnates, as he is one of the best at cutting to the basket

Why Not Us ?

As a guy who's business is mostly sports injuries, you have to make sure this cat has recovered from his. So if I knew he had recovered, then yes, I'd be ok with the trade. The thing is, correct me as necessary, as I understand it, his foot is injured, and there are certain injuries that are more prone to chronic debilitation than others. For instance, my experience has been that its quite hard to heel a broken heel bone (calcaneus) than certain other bones in the foot. It all has to do with blood perfusion and the hope that the point that is injured is well perfused with blood. Areas that are not well perfused tend to heel quite poorly.

I might not make the trade until I've had a look at his foot films/MRIs and know the extent of the damage, maybe that's what is holding this up. I'm sure that some of the guys over at OrthoIndy know something more than I do but I bet they're involved in this.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    As a guy who's business is mostly sports injuries, you have to make sure this cat has recovered from his. So if I knew he had recovered, then yes, I'd be ok with the trade. The thing is, correct me as necessary, as I understand it, his foot is injured, and there are certain injuries that are more prone to chronic debilitation than others. For instance, my experience has been that its quite hard to heel a broken heel bone (calcaneus) than certain other bones in the foot. It all has to do with blood perfusion and the hope that the point that is injured is well perfused with blood. Areas that are not well perfused tend to heel quite poorly.

I might not make the trade until I've had a look at his foot films/MRIs and know the extent of the damage, maybe that's what is holding this up. I'm sure that some of the guys over at OrthoIndy know something more than I do but I bet they're involved in this.
    Yes it does sound like injury concern is what is holding the deal up.

sweabs

I was thinking that his current injury sounds similar to what Tinsley had last year?

The mysterious "foot problem"?

I'm still very skeptical of this trade.....I just can't handle oft-injured guys.

I don't know... seems like a Warriors deal of Pietrus, Beindrins, and a pick would be better for us.

I think we need another move, so having valuable pieces sure wouldn't hurt us any.

Is anybody considering the possibility that Walsh might be trying to put pressure on the Lakers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm still holding out for that #6 combo from Wendy's.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I'm still holding out for that #6 combo from Wendy's.
    Is that the Spicy Chicken? Because if so, I'm with ya! That thing brings firepower every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I don't know... seems like a Warriors deal of Pietrus, Beindrins, and a pick would be better for us.

I think we need another move, so having valuable pieces sure wouldn't hurt us any.

Is anybody considering the possibility that Walsh might be trying to put pressure on the Lakers?
    ??

Pressure the Lakers into what? Maggette is better than anyone they're offering.

Pietrus and Maggette both have injury problems, in this case I'd go with the much better player. I don't understand how you think that deal is better.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Is that the Spicy Chicken? Because if so, I'm with ya! That thing brings firepower every night.

****, why did I bring up food right before going to bed.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Pressure the Lakers into what? Maggette is better than anyone they're offering.
    But not better than what they COULD offer (Odom).
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    I was thinking that his current injury sounds similar to what Tinsley had last year?

The mysterious "foot problem"?

I'm still very skeptical of this trade.....I just can't handle oft-injured guys.
    RCAREY,
    I'm not sure if you're being flip in your response, but its very difficult to compare two injuries. As a leaman you can say that both guys had foot injuries, but its soooo much more than that. Its where in the foot that's important.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I would've made this trade at any point over the last year, so the present circumstances (Ron's trade demand, Corey's injury) aren't even factors for me.

Now, if Corey's injury turns out to be career ending, or Grant Hill-like, then no we obviously should keep looking; but I'm sure that's not the case, and I'd rather Corey sit out the rest of the season if necessary if it means he'll be ready for next year.

I'll take the predictability of a player who always misses 15-20 games a season over the unpredictability of Ron-Ron.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

sweabs

RCAREY,
    I'm not sure if you're being flip in your response, but its very difficult to compare two injuries. As a leaman you can say that both guys had foot injuries, but its soooo much more than that. Its where in the foot that's important.
    You're right. I was alluding to the fact that any injury to the foot can be quite complicated because of all the different things that could potentially go wrong in there? Would that be a safe assumption?

I was using Tinsley as an example, because most of us had no clue of what was happening in that foot last year, and it was a very long recovery.

Speaking of Tinsley, I just saw on the local sport-station "Tinsley - DNP (biceps)".

Huh?

But not better than what they COULD offer (Odom).
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I disagree.
    Really? You think Maggette's better than Odom?

Enjoy your time at PD!

You can never be sure that someone's injury isn't career ending when it comes to weight bearing joints and limbs, often the knees or feet. More rare are injuries of the axial spine, including vertebra/spinal cord.

Really? You think Maggette's better than Odom?
    I think you can go either way with that one. (I'm not a huge fan of Odom)

However, Maggette brings more energy to the game and is a better fit for this team. The only knock he's got against him is the injuries.

You can never be sure that someone's injury isn't career ending when it comes to weight bearing joints and limbs, often the knees or feet. More rare are injuries of the axial spine, including vertebra/spinal cord.
    I've had enough of injured players. I like Tinsley and his game quite a bit, but he's dead to me if he can't stay on the court. I don't want to have the all-injured backcourt.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I've had enough of injured players. I like Tinsley and his game quite a bit, but he's dead to me if he can't stay on the court. I don't want to have the all-injured backcourt.
    But you want Pietrus?