View Poll Results: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

    61 82.43%
  • Nope

    13 17.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,864

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Well?

  2. #2
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Sounds A LOT better than cap relief at this point
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #3
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Depends - so I don't vote.


  4. #4
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    YES, Sure his D isnt as good as Ron's but sure as hell is alot better on offense.

  5. #5
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    I'd do it whether he'll play this season or not. If he will, great. If not, we will be happy we did it next season.

    Plus, the fact that a trade would be done will make our guys much more focused on the season. We'd have a great player waiting for us next year.

  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Yep. A lot better than the other rumors out there.

  7. #7
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. A lot better than the other rumors out there.
    No doubt, regardless of Injury still one of the best deals we could have got straight up..

    His game is perfect as well when our offense somdtimes stagnates, as he is one of the best at cutting to the basket

    Why Not Us ?


  8. #8
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    As a guy who's business is mostly sports injuries, you have to make sure this cat has recovered from his. So if I knew he had recovered, then yes, I'd be ok with the trade. The thing is, correct me as necessary, as I understand it, his foot is injured, and there are certain injuries that are more prone to chronic debilitation than others. For instance, my experience has been that its quite hard to heel a broken heel bone (calcaneus) than certain other bones in the foot. It all has to do with blood perfusion and the hope that the point that is injured is well perfused with blood. Areas that are not well perfused tend to heel quite poorly.

    I might not make the trade until I've had a look at his foot films/MRIs and know the extent of the damage, maybe that's what is holding this up. I'm sure that some of the guys over at OrthoIndy know something more than I do but I bet they're involved in this.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  9. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a guy who's business is mostly sports injuries, you have to make sure this cat has recovered from his. So if I knew he had recovered, then yes, I'd be ok with the trade. The thing is, correct me as necessary, as I understand it, his foot is injured, and there are certain injuries that are more prone to chronic debilitation than others. For instance, my experience has been that its quite hard to heel a broken heel bone (calcaneus) than certain other bones in the foot. It all has to do with blood perfusion and the hope that the point that is injured is well perfused with blood. Areas that are not well perfused tend to heel quite poorly.

    I might not make the trade until I've had a look at his foot films/MRIs and know the extent of the damage, maybe that's what is holding this up. I'm sure that some of the guys over at OrthoIndy know something more than I do but I bet they're involved in this.
    Yes it does sound like injury concern is what is holding the deal up.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #10
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    I was thinking that his current injury sounds similar to what Tinsley had last year?

    The mysterious "foot problem"?

    I'm still very skeptical of this trade.....I just can't handle oft-injured guys.

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    I don't know... seems like a Warriors deal of Pietrus, Beindrins, and a pick would be better for us.

    I think we need another move, so having valuable pieces sure wouldn't hurt us any.

    Is anybody considering the possibility that Walsh might be trying to put pressure on the Lakers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    I'm still holding out for that #6 combo from Wendy's.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #13
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still holding out for that #6 combo from Wendy's.
    Is that the Spicy Chicken? Because if so, I'm with ya! That thing brings firepower every night.

  14. #14
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know... seems like a Warriors deal of Pietrus, Beindrins, and a pick would be better for us.

    I think we need another move, so having valuable pieces sure wouldn't hurt us any.

    Is anybody considering the possibility that Walsh might be trying to put pressure on the Lakers?
    ??

    Pressure the Lakers into what? Maggette is better than anyone they're offering.

    Pietrus and Maggette both have injury problems, in this case I'd go with the much better player. I don't understand how you think that deal is better.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #15
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that the Spicy Chicken? Because if so, I'm with ya! That thing brings firepower every night.


    ****, why did I bring up food right before going to bed.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pressure the Lakers into what? Maggette is better than anyone they're offering.
    But not better than what they COULD offer (Odom).
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking that his current injury sounds similar to what Tinsley had last year?

    The mysterious "foot problem"?

    I'm still very skeptical of this trade.....I just can't handle oft-injured guys.
    RCAREY,
    I'm not sure if you're being flip in your response, but its very difficult to compare two injuries. As a leaman you can say that both guys had foot injuries, but its soooo much more than that. Its where in the foot that's important.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  18. #18
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    I would've made this trade at any point over the last year, so the present circumstances (Ron's trade demand, Corey's injury) aren't even factors for me.

    Now, if Corey's injury turns out to be career ending, or Grant Hill-like, then no we obviously should keep looking; but I'm sure that's not the case, and I'd rather Corey sit out the rest of the season if necessary if it means he'll be ready for next year.

    I'll take the predictability of a player who always misses 15-20 games a season over the unpredictability of Ron-Ron.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  19. #19
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RCAREY,
    I'm not sure if you're being flip in your response, but its very difficult to compare two injuries. As a leaman you can say that both guys had foot injuries, but its soooo much more than that. Its where in the foot that's important.
    You're right. I was alluding to the fact that any injury to the foot can be quite complicated because of all the different things that could potentially go wrong in there? Would that be a safe assumption?

    I was using Tinsley as an example, because most of us had no clue of what was happening in that foot last year, and it was a very long recovery.

    Speaking of Tinsley, I just saw on the local sport-station "Tinsley - DNP (biceps)".

    Huh?

  20. #20
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But not better than what they COULD offer (Odom).
    I disagree.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  21. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree.
    Really? You think Maggette's better than Odom?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. #22
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    You can never be sure that someone's injury isn't career ending when it comes to weight bearing joints and limbs, often the knees or feet. More rare are injuries of the axial spine, including vertebra/spinal cord.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  23. #23
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? You think Maggette's better than Odom?
    I think you can go either way with that one. (I'm not a huge fan of Odom)

    However, Maggette brings more energy to the game and is a better fit for this team. The only knock he's got against him is the injuries.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  24. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can never be sure that someone's injury isn't career ending when it comes to weight bearing joints and limbs, often the knees or feet. More rare are injuries of the axial spine, including vertebra/spinal cord.
    I've had enough of injured players. I like Tinsley and his game quite a bit, but he's dead to me if he can't stay on the court. I don't want to have the all-injured backcourt.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #25
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Would you trade Artest for Maggette?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've had enough of injured players. I like Tinsley and his game quite a bit, but he's dead to me if he can't stay on the court. I don't want to have the all-injured backcourt.
    But you want Pietrus?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •