Thread: Staples Center Last Night

LAPacer

Default Staples Center Last Night

I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I'd share some of my experience with you guys from my night in the first row by the lakers tunnel/bench. Here are a few things I found interesting:

-The game is so much quicker up close. These TV really slows down the action and it really hides the fact that these guys are making these moves at full speed.
    -I hate Kobe the most of all players, but the guy is really really fast and can create his shot. He is very into himself. Every time he takes free throws the crowd always chants MVP and there are girls that say "I love you kobe". It just feeds his ego even more. On the bench he is always getting on someones case to play D, and no one wants to here it.
    -Staples Center wasn't even at half capacity. There were empy seats everywhere. But the atmosphere there is great.
    -Reggie is cool. He spent alot of time talking to Stephen Jackson and hugging him. It looked like the guy he talked to the most on the Pacers. He was wearing his beret cap and just keeping to himself. That guy is the best.
    -AJ is only and inch or 2 at most shorter than Kobe, but he is super slow.
    -Fred Jones takes huge steps and can take off. He is the fastest Pacer by far.
    -JO's post moves are much better looking up close. Even though its a fade away, he is so high that he just has to push the ball 5-6 feet. The Lakers bench was talking about how good his post moves were (Talking to Bynum about how to creat space)
    -David Harrison looks very uncoordinated at full speed, so does Kwame Brown. But Kwame has decent defense. D. Harrison doesn't look so fat up close. Alot of people in the stands were impressed with him.
    -Sarunas dribbles the ball too high.
    -The Lakers (especially Phil) liked Granger. They were commenting on how fast his help D was. I heard on the radio how Phil wanted Granger and not Bynum.
    -Lakers Girls look ok on camera but are on fire in person. It was great being in by the tunnel.

Sucks that the Pacers lost. Overall, they really looked disinterested in the game and didn't look like they were putting in the effort. It really looked like only Kobe wanted to win the game that bad.

Default Re: Staples Center Last Night

Good stuff

Sports Logo

I didn't see the game....but what did Bynum do in that was really impressive other then 3-3 in 5 minutes?

Also....with Kwame's much vaunted defense of Big men.....most notably Shaq...how did he do against JONeal ( who I assume he was guarding )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

LAPacer

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't see the game....but what did Bynum do in that was really impressive other then 3-3 in 5 minutes?

Also....with Kwame's much vaunted defense of Big men.....most notably Shaq...how did he do against JONeal ( who I assume he was guarding )?
    Kwame does a good job of pushing Jermaine away from the rim and he bodies up really well while staying between Jermaine and the rim. Mihm was just getting burned by JO anytime that match up happened.

Bynum didn't do too much else since he only played 5 minutes. He's got really long arms to add to his height.

He dominated one of the top 20 defenders in the NBA on the low block?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now, now, that's not exactly what he said...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Now, now, that's not exactly what he said...
    I thought I had it right. Is this clearer:

On the low block, he dominated one of the top 20 defenders in the NBA?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Yes.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Welcome back LAPacer!

I tried to get tickets for this game months ago and none were available.

It pisses me off that there were tons of empty seats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Welcome back LAPacer!

Thats LA for ya..the sad part is the Lakers could easily afford to get rid of all of the corporate tickets and just sell to the general public, but Buss would never do it.

I'd really like to see NBA teams start having "Average Joe" nights where all the seats in the house went to the general public and the seats were all the same price (like 30 bucks) and drawn for in like sets of 2 or 4. Just like 10 nights a year that season/corporate tickets don't cover.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    I thought I had it right. Is this clearer:

On the low block, he dominated one of the top 20 defenders in the NBA?
    I wasn't being sarcastic in my initial post about Bynum. Looking at the Box score...all I know is that he played 5 minutes and was 3-3 in Field Goals and pulled down 3 rebounds yesterday night ( which I guess isn't that bad considering he played 5 minutes ).

I guess you did answer the question. And just so I know...how did he dominate JONeal? Was he overpowering him or did he just have nice touch over JONeal?

Its just that we hear so much about the Pacers wanting Bynum and I ( like most of us ) have no clue as to what his game was other then the fact that he is huge for a 19 year old kid...apparently with long arms.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

WayOutWest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    Thats LA for ya..the sad part is the Lakers could easily afford to get rid of all of the corporate tickets and just sell to the general public, but Buss would never do it.

I'd really like to see NBA teams start having "Average Joe" nights where all the seats in the house went to the general public and the seats were all the same price (like 30 bucks) and drawn for in like sets of 2 or 4. Just like 10 nights a year that season/corporate tickets don't cover.
    It's not corp seats it's scalpers, and when I say scalpers I also include TicketMaster. There are tons of tickets just outside selling for outrageous prices. Even for Clippers games the ticket prices go through the roof when they play the Lakers.

Laker ticket prices are outrageous enough without scalpers putting their mark up on them. That's one big reason LA fans have such a bad rap, the average fan or true Laker fan cannot afford season tickets and then is at the mercy of scalpers for individual games. What you see on TV are the psuedo-bandwagon-trendy-Laker-fan, which you don't see much there anymore. If you ever went to Staples durring the Shaq/Kobe era for an away playoff game you'd see Staples the way it's supposed to be. The seating was open and we watched the games on the big screen and the place was as load and as rocking as any arena in the league.

LAPacer

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Welcome back LAPacer!

Thanks.

Yeah.. they sold out quickly in the first week or so. Then people started reselling them on ticketmaster about 2-3 weeks ago.

They still consider it a sell out even though there were seats all over the place.

Excellent. Good review. I hate Kobe too, so you're not alone. His ego makes me want to puke, but then I figure he's not even worth the energy it takes to hate someone, so now I just ignore his existence all together and thank my lucky stars that he's no longer on a contender.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

I wasn't being sarcastic in my initial post about Bynum. Looking at the Box score...all I know is that he played 5 minutes and was 3-3 in Field Goals and pulled down 3 rebounds yesterday night ( which I guess isn't that bad considering he played 5 minutes ).

I guess you did answer the question. And just so I know...how did he dominate JONeal? Was he overpowering him or did he just have nice touch over JONeal?

Its just that we hear so much about the Pacers wanting Bynum and I ( like most of us ) have no clue as to what his game was other then the fact that he is huge for a 19 year old kid...apparently with long arms.
    MagicRat was making a funny about UB's comment at the forum party.

He called Jeff Foster a top-twenty defender in the NBA.

Most of the rest of us laughed.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I haven't found a game thread for last night. Is this it?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    I haven't found a game thread for last night. Is this it?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17952

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Thanks rcarey,

I didn't communicate very well. I was looking for the thread AFTER the game thread where more lengthy discussion takes place. Still haven't found it.

mulisha

Well to clarify, Bynum turned 18 just 3 months ago, so he is really young and has shown vast improvement since he was drafted. He is also surprisingly agile for someone who is 7'1''(he's grown an inch since draft night) and 290 lbs. Give him a year or two and he will be a regular contributor.