Thread: LAst night reminded me

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default LAst night reminded me

THere is no *&^%#^&^ way I want Artest on the Lakers team. NONE(well if he promises to destroy their season, ok)

From watching that game....

Bynam will be a stud...someday

Odom reminds me of Karl Malone

Kobe is the most protected in the league now.

Jax will never learn

Why have WE not brought in a big man coach like the Lakers have?

This league really needs to improve the officiating.

The game ended about 1:30....the wife's alarm clock inexplicably sounded at 3:30 (which somehow it turned out to be my fault, but then I KNEW it would) then it went off for real at 5:00.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Default Re: LAst night reminded me

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THere is no *&^%#^&^ way I want Artest on the Lakers team. NONE(well if he promises to destroy their season, ok)

From watching that game....

Bynam will be a stud...someday

Odom reminds me of Karl Malone

Kobe is the most protected in the league now.

Jax will never learn

Why have WE not brought in a big man coach like the Lakers have?

This league really needs to improve the officiating.

The game ended about 1:30....the wife's alarm clock inexplicably sounded at 3:30 (which somehow it turned out to be my fault, but then I KNEW it would) then it went off for real at 5:00.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    WHOA! You had to get up at 5 and you watched the game? You will be dragging all day today!

As for alarm clocks, I don't mind them going off early if I can go back to sleep. Of course it's been a long time since I worried about an alarm clock.

Of course if you take two naps a day you don't really need an alarm to get up early!

(giggle,giggle,snort)

A point I wanted to make at the forum party.

Everyone is saying the Pacers need a big man's coach. Someone to teach the players to play in the low post. I don't have a problem with that, but why do you need a big guy a former player to do the teaching. . Why can't Rick or Kevin teach the players.

Do we need a point guard coach (I don't see a former point guard on the Pacers coaching staff)

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

Everyone is saying the Pacers need a big man's coach. Someone to teach the players to play in the low post. I don't have a problem with that, but why do you need a big guy a former player to do the teaching. . Why can't Rick or Kevin teach the players.

Do we need a point guard coach (I don't see a former point guard on the Pacers coaching staff)
    We need a big man so if Harrison doesn't do it right and gets balky he can slap him around to get his attention.

(kidding) I've wondered about that myself. The explanation is that people that have played the position can give pointers that aren't learned on the perimeter.

For instant, this is a poor one but the only one I can think of right now, 'pulling the chair out from under someone' isn't a move you learn on the perimeter.

Where is Stuart Gray or Steve Stiponovic when you need him?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    Where is Stuart Gray or Steve Stiponovic when you need him?

Careful giving out ideas...
    Does anyone doubt DW would hire Rik Smits as the big man coach if he thought about or Rik said he was available?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Careful giving out ideas...
    Does anyone doubt DW would hire Rik Smits as the big man coach if he thought about or Rik said he was available?

-Bball
    Uh huh - Rik could give a few pointers on rebounding.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasn't it Big BIll Russell that stated he'd love to work with JO but was stopped by Boston? The 5 is supposedly the hardest position to learn and for kids that don't have the benefit of ANY college experience I see a need for a coach. Hey they have position coaches in the NFL why can't the P's do it?

BTW.....Will, yer STILL a prick.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    Uh huh - Rik could get a few pointers on rebounding.
    Fixed...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Tim

A normal sized coach isn't going to be able to push David around on the court, and by accident David would be knocking the little guys to the floor, like what happened to 'Melo (gawd I loved that).

I want a real big man to be in there everyday putting the moves on David, and allowing David to go at these guys hard so he can learn and not worry about the fouls, or stitches.