Thread: Hoopsworld} One On One with Stephen Jackson

Default Hoopsworld} One On One with Stephen Jackson

From HOOPSWORLD.com
    One On One with Stephen Jackson
    By C. Sawyer
    Jan 9, 2006, 16:21

ONE ON ONE WITH STEPHEN JACKSON

For Stephen Jackson this has been quite a year so far, on and off the court. With Jermaine O’Neal, Jamaal Tinsley and Ron Artest out he has been the Pacer that had to step up and lead the team and he has certainly done just that. That leadership is in the locker room and on the floor and it has expressed itself as points on the floor. So far in 2006 Jackson has put up 22 points at home against Seattle, 21 points in Denver, 27 points at Golden State, and 31 points most recently in Sacramento. The capper was his 5-6 shooting from the 3-point line, seemingly, for Kings fans, one after the other after the other.

A good year so far for Jackson, he loves playing basketball and it has been showing and, as long as there are no questions about Ron Artest, he seems to love talking about it too.

You’ve stepped it up with Jermaine, Jamaal and Ron out, what have you been focusing on.
    Just going out and playing hard every game on offense and on defense. I know that I’ve got to do everything I can to keep us winning. I’ve got to be aggressive but be in control. I can’t worry about things I can’t control I just have to go and play hard, be aggressive on offense and make stops on defense. I’ve tried to be real good and stay out of trouble, no technical fouls for me.

As a team leader what do you do to keep the others focused.

Just play hard. If I play well the other guys can feed off my confidence. Everyone is handling the situation we have been in well, we’ve just got to focus on what we do. Play the game and get wins. No matter what happens that’s what we’ve got to do. You know I really love playing this game and I think the guys know that and that’s what comes through. I just love the game.

For the most part the players on this team have been together for a while, how has that helped.

It’s helped, since we have confidence in each other. This team has been through a lot together and plus with what we went through last year we learned a lot. And as a team last year with me and Ron and Jermaine being out a lot of the guys got to play more than usual and that has helped them be ready for this seasons extra playing time and for everything that goes with it. We all know we just have to go out as a team and do our best.

Any New Year’s resolutions for 2006.

Yea, no technical fouls.

If Jackson keeps playing like this, there’s no doubt that he and Pacer fans will keep loving this game.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_15641.shtml

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Hoopsworld} One On One with Stephen Jackson

Yea, no technical fouls.
    Aww..I guess that was messed up from last night's game