Thread: Kings notes: Pollard fights through flu, back problems, trade talk

Thumbs up Kings notes: Pollard fights through flu, back problems, trade talk

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports...14885611c.html

Kings notes: Pollard fights through flu, back problems, trade talk
    By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
    Published 2:15 am PST Monday, January 9, 2006
    Story appeared in Sports section, Page C5
    Get the latest news in sacbee.com's Kings Alert newsletter. Sign up here.

Scot Pollard could barely move the other night at Golden State.
    Low on sleep with not much of a diet and even on fumes with the quips, the Indiana Pacers center went from game-time decision to no-way-in-heck, sitting out Thursday's game with lingering flu-like symptoms.

The ex-King was back in uniform and back in those familiar game-ready pigtails Sunday at Arco Arena, hopeful that he can remain in Indianapolis for at least the remainder of the season. With the ongoing Ron Artest trade vibes, Pollard said any number of Pacers could be shipped to make a deal work.

"They need to get the deal done because I think that will help our team morale," Pollard said. "It needs to get done so the players that are here know they're here."

Pollard, who turns 31 next month, is in the final year of his contract. He'd like to keep playing next season, now that his back doesn't make him feel as if he's 60. He labored through back pains when he was with the Kings, a stress fracture "that's created a lot of scar tissue."

"It's taken a lot of time to heal, but I'm the healthiest I've been as a Pacer," said Pollard, who had four points and four rebounds. "If you asked me a year ago if I wanted to keep playing, I probably would have said no. As long as I keep up with the back therapy, I can keep playing."

Pollard said he was touched by the rousing ovation he received.

"I was trying to scowl or not smile, but it really did mean a lot," he said.

Default Re: Kings notes: Pollard fights through flu, back problems, trade talk

No worries Pollard Walsh will get the deal done in about 7 weeks

Default Re: Kings notes: Pollard fights through flu, back problems, trade talk

We will miss Pollard when he is gone.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.