Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

  1. #1
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Thumbs down Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    due to no good deal coming down the pipe

    Just giving his prediction when asked from Dan Patrick on what is going to happen with Artest

    Why Not Us ?


  2. #2
    Member Harddrive7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Is Reggie still doing TNT games?

  3. #3
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Oh, joy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    What happened to the all-stars that were offered?
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  5. #5
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Reggie still doing TNT games?
    Yes, he will be at the game tonight, not sure if that means in a work capacity,
    Also said he talked to Ron of the new year holiday as he was in town.

    Why Not Us ?


  6. #6
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I really, really, REALLY hope Reggie's wrong on this one.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  7. #7

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by FiestyFosterFanatic
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to the all-stars that were offered?
    Are Wally and Peja the all-stars you suppose? We can't afford Wally's bloated contracts or, in Peja's case, don't want the player. If you want to hear the truth, Walsh has the team in a financial bind for at least another year.

  8. #8
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Sorry but the blame goes to DW and Bird..... no one's gonna give them a all-star player or a good caliber player there wasting there time.



  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,792

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Fine with me. Let this team minus Ron jel and see what we definitely need in the offseason. Sit Ron's *** for a second straight season.

  10. #10
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,711

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but the blame goes to DW and Bird..... no one's gonna give them a all-star player or a good caliber player there wasting there time.


    Do you have a warrant for those wire-tappings, are you doing it illegally and can't say, or can I assume you don't know what's going on and can only guess?


    Pretty funny that you're telling us what's going to happen yet you've created a moniker to try to get the player of your choice like TPTB visit the board and are going to see it and decide to get Lamar.

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I hope Reggie's right!

    The summertime is when teams have the time to rework their whole team if they want to. So traditionally that's when the best trades are made.

    There are a bunch of posters on here that just want the Pacers to make a deal, which means they don't care whether the Pacers make a good deal or not! Well I want them to make the best deal possible, so I don't care how long it takes!

  12. #12
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Reggie's right!

    The summertime is when teams have the time to rework their whole team if they want to. So traditionally that's when the best trades are made.

    There are a bunch of posters on here that just want the Pacers to make a deal, which means they don't care whether the Pacers make a good deal or not! Well I want them to make the best deal possible, so I don't care how long it takes!
    I'm starting to really agree with this line of thinking...It is doubly good that dummy gets to sit for another year. Not that it will make him think before he speaks again, but it is kind of funny...



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  13. #13
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    We might have been offered an All Star or two, but that doesn't mean it made any sense for our team. They're not taking deals for All-Stars, they're taking deals for players that make sense to our team. I was one of the "hurry up" guys, but we're so far into it now that there's no point in trying to rush it. I'm just praying the team as it stands now can hold up until then. If any more injuries happen than we already have, we're screwed. That's my worst fear.

  14. #14
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fine with me. Let this team minus Ron jel and see what we definitely need in the offseason. Sit Ron's *** for a second straight season.
    So you just want to throw the Season away because you feel it will be better for Ron to sit?

    We're talking about our team here as good as we're playing now we're gonna be needing some help in the playoffs.

  15. #15
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I argee with reggie

  16. #16
    Tim
    Guest

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I don't want to see a trade just to get Ron off the team. I actually would rather wait until summer.

    It would mean Danny would still get big minutes, and I rather see that then seeing him sit while we try to fit a new player in, and then seeing for oursleves that new player is mediocre.

  17. #17
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Stern will probally fine us if he sits the whole season

  18. #18
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are Wally and Peja the all-stars you suppose? We can't afford Wally's bloated contracts or, in Peja's case, don't want the player. If you want to hear the truth, Walsh has the team in a financial bind for at least another year.
    Maybe Wally. But probably more like 'Toine.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I strongly believe that if a deal is not done in the next week, then there will be a deal done at the deadline. I'm 100% sure that he will not sit the entire season.

  20. #20
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    That's good to hear. Lets the other teams know that if they want Ron, they better make a good offer.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. #21
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Cro and Ron for Wally - does that work?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  22. #22
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,490

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Question....if we don't trade Artest and let him sit at home for the rest of the season....should we even try for the Playoffs?

    or

    Should we start Granger and Harrison and play out the rest of the season towards lottery world?

    I'm leaning towards lotteryworld since I think its pretty pointless to play the season only to get our @sses bounced in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #23
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    I just don't get why everyone thinks the deals will get better if we wait. Wait a few weeks, wait until the trading deadline, wait until the summer. What's next, wait until 2008 when he's an expiring contract, then he'll have value for sure!!!



    I'd rather we get something for Ron then wait for him to pull a Sprewell and decide he's just going to retire.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. #24
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    Is Ron the new Bender? Ultra talented, but never plays for us, and has squat trade value.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #25
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

    If the Pacers wait until the offseason, they will get even less for Ron than they would right now.

    Why would anyone want a player that has been forced to miss 2 seasons in a row because of his actions? Yeah that's a real bargaining chip. "This guy is so good we sat him all year rather than trade him."
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •