Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

Thumbs down Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

due to no good deal coming down the pipe

Just giving his prediction when asked from Dan Patrick on what is going to happen with Artest

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

Is Reggie still doing TNT games?

Default Re: Reggie Miller:(Dan Patrick show) He thinks Ron will sit the rest of the season

Oh, joy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

What happened to the all-stars that were offered?
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Reggie still doing TNT games?
    Yes, he will be at the game tonight, not sure if that means in a work capacity,
    Also said he talked to Ron of the new year holiday as he was in town.

Why Not Us ?

I really, really, REALLY hope Reggie's wrong on this one.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by FiestyFosterFanatic
    What happened to the all-stars that were offered?
    Are Wally and Peja the all-stars you suppose? We can't afford Wally's bloated contracts or, in Peja's case, don't want the player. If you want to hear the truth, Walsh has the team in a financial bind for at least another year.

Sorry but the blame goes to DW and Bird..... no one's gonna give them a all-star player or a good caliber player there wasting there time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fine with me. Let this team minus Ron jel and see what we definitely need in the offseason. Sit Ron's *** for a second straight season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    Sorry but the blame goes to DW and Bird..... no one's gonna give them a all-star player or a good caliber player there wasting there time.

Do you have a warrant for those wire-tappings, are you doing it illegally and can't say, or can I assume you don't know what's going on and can only guess?

Pretty funny that you're telling us what's going to happen yet you've created a moniker to try to get the player of your choice like TPTB visit the board and are going to see it and decide to get Lamar.

I hope Reggie's right!

The summertime is when teams have the time to rework their whole team if they want to. So traditionally that's when the best trades are made.

There are a bunch of posters on here that just want the Pacers to make a deal, which means they don't care whether the Pacers make a good deal or not! Well I want them to make the best deal possible, so I don't care how long it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I hope Reggie's right!

The summertime is when teams have the time to rework their whole team if they want to. So traditionally that's when the best trades are made.

There are a bunch of posters on here that just want the Pacers to make a deal, which means they don't care whether the Pacers make a good deal or not! Well I want them to make the best deal possible, so I don't care how long it takes!
    I'm starting to really agree with this line of thinking...It is doubly good that dummy gets to sit for another year. Not that it will make him think before he speaks again, but it is kind of funny...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

We might have been offered an All Star or two, but that doesn't mean it made any sense for our team. They're not taking deals for All-Stars, they're taking deals for players that make sense to our team. I was one of the "hurry up" guys, but we're so far into it now that there's no point in trying to rush it. I'm just praying the team as it stands now can hold up until then. If any more injuries happen than we already have, we're screwed. That's my worst fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Fine with me. Let this team minus Ron jel and see what we definitely need in the offseason. Sit Ron's *** for a second straight season.
    So you just want to throw the Season away because you feel it will be better for Ron to sit?

We're talking about our team here as good as we're playing now we're gonna be needing some help in the playoffs.

I argee with reggie

Tim

I don't want to see a trade just to get Ron off the team. I actually would rather wait until summer.

It would mean Danny would still get big minutes, and I rather see that then seeing him sit while we try to fit a new player in, and then seeing for oursleves that new player is mediocre.

Stern will probally fine us if he sits the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Are Wally and Peja the all-stars you suppose? We can't afford Wally's bloated contracts or, in Peja's case, don't want the player. If you want to hear the truth, Walsh has the team in a financial bind for at least another year.
    Maybe Wally. But probably more like 'Toine.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

I strongly believe that if a deal is not done in the next week, then there will be a deal done at the deadline. I'm 100% sure that he will not sit the entire season.

That's good to hear. Lets the other teams know that if they want Ron, they better make a good offer.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Cro and Ron for Wally - does that work?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Sports Logo

Question....if we don't trade Artest and let him sit at home for the rest of the season....should we even try for the Playoffs?

or

Should we start Granger and Harrison and play out the rest of the season towards lottery world?

I'm leaning towards lotteryworld since I think its pretty pointless to play the season only to get our @sses bounced in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I just don't get why everyone thinks the deals will get better if we wait. Wait a few weeks, wait until the trading deadline, wait until the summer. What's next, wait until 2008 when he's an expiring contract, then he'll have value for sure!!!

I'd rather we get something for Ron then wait for him to pull a Sprewell and decide he's just going to retire.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Is Ron the new Bender? Ultra talented, but never plays for us, and has squat trade value.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers wait until the offseason, they will get even less for Ron than they would right now.

Why would anyone want a player that has been forced to miss 2 seasons in a row because of his actions? Yeah that's a real bargaining chip. "This guy is so good we sat him all year rather than trade him."
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!