Thread: Our record with Harrison starting

Default Our record with Harrison starting

3-1

On a crappier note, 3 out of every four is the pace I was hoping we would win games at this season. (close anyhow)

Always next season I guess.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Our record with Harrison starting

Step away from the gun.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Say wha?

Sports Logo

Not to toot my own horn but at the Forum party I said I liked Harrison starting even if he ends up not playing many minutes just to help develope him and to set the tone with physical play early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to toot my own horn but at the Forum party I said I liked Harrison starting even if he ends up not playing many minutes just to help develope him and to set the tone with physical play early on.
    I could go for that. Even if he is a career 10 mpg player, I like starting him and setting the tone, like you said. I think Seattle did something like that with Jerome James last year.

agreed. if he doesn't do anything with the time, then he can sit the rest of the game. But if he shows something........ we could be a whole lot better if he could be a factor come playoff time.

Gamble

I still say Rick should let him foul out so he's motivated
    to develop his basketball IQ. Harrison's probably one of those
    guys who needs to learn the hard way before he develops into
    what we all want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    The more I've thought about you saying that at the party, the more I think you are correct.

In fact, I am now convinced that this is the way they should do it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

So when people say Harrison should start they are also saying Cro should come off the bench?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    So when people say Harrison should start they are also saying Cro should come off the bench?
    That was pretty much the concensus at the forum party.

It then get's polluted when asking if Jeff or Austin should come in first.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

What about the theory that Cro does produce off the bench? Is David's development or even what he offers now worth reducing Cro's impactivness (thanks Jay)?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Another bonus for starting DH is that he can have a chance to set the Pacers record for most fouls per minute.

Who owns the record now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble

Needless to say I don't agree. Harrison does need to learn the hard way, but I don't want him costing us games picking up stupid and needless fouls. Plus rick just won't do this at least not for the reason you are suggesting.

If you noticed DH did not start the third quarter and the Pacers had a 21 point lead. I'm guessing DH will be back on the bench tonight and someone else will start

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Statistically, you shouldn't put any weight into the fact that the Pacers are 3 - 1 with Harrison in the starting lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    What about the theory that Cro does produce off the bench? Is David's development or even what he offers now worth reducing Cro's impactivness (thanks Jay)?

Oh yeh. David has the potential to change the make up of this team dramatically. IF he can just be adequate at the 5 then Jermaine is free to dominate 4's. And not get beat up by 5's. And we go from small and 'weak' up front, to big and strong enough.
    That's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Needless to say I don't agree. Harrison does need to learn the hard way, but I don't want him costing us games picking up stupid and needless fouls.
    UB, I just don't see Harrison costing us games by starting. Maybe my memory is getting a little fuzzy, but Smits use to do the same thing with fouls. As others have pointed out 10 to 12 minutes by the Hulk is not going to hurt the team and David does get some real game experience.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I like Jermaine coming off the bench. Make Sjack the main offensive option to start the game, he will get his shots early and start feeling it. Croshere goes from a great player when starting...to a nobody off the bench.

Having JO off the bench is unconventional but who cares? HE will still get his minutes regardless.

I like

Tins, Sjack, Granger, Cro, DH as our starting lineup. Fred, Jermaine, and Runi off the bench....essentially it is two starting line ups. Our offense wouldn't be stagnant when our bench was in.

There were rumors of these type of idea with Ron off the bench early, but I REALLY like the idea of bringing a better player off the bench. SOme guys like DH/Cro really embrace the starting role and play better.

Of course I know this won't happen, but I think it's worth a try.

yep, we should leave the best PF in the East and one of the top 5 in the league on the bench to get Jax going..............
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by able
    yep, we should leave the best PF in the East and one of the top 5 in the league on the bench to get Jax going..............
    ....if it works for the team then it works for the team.

I'm not advocating it but we're a flawed team so most 'answers' are going to involve compromises. Management put this team together and refused to address some of the issues so we should expect some of these issues and questions to arise.

Starting or not, maybe we are giving JO too many minutes. I don't think he's quite the player some are making him out to be. The team is just using him like he is and I wonder if it is to the detriment of the other players.

If Tinsley never returns, I'm fine with that.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Whatever else they do they need to keep starting Granger at the 3

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're dead on. Harrison is the total opposite of Foster in many ways and even if he only plays for the 1st 5 minutes before he is in foul trouble it does set the tone early on about the physical play. Plus he has enough of an offensive game that the other team does have to play him honest.

I like a starting lineup of Point Guard of the week/SJax/Cro/JO/Harrison to start the game with Back up Point Guard of the week/Other Back up Point Guard-SG/Freddie/Foster/Granger off of the bench.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan
    You're dead on. Harrison is the total opposite of Foster in many ways and even if he only plays for the 1st 5 minutes before he is in foul trouble it does set the tone early on about the physical play. Plus he has enough of an offensive game that the other team does have to play him honest.

I like a starting lineup of Point Guard of the week/SJax/Cro/JO/Harrison to start the game with Back up Point Guard of the week/Other Back up Point Guard-SG/Freddie/Foster/Granger off of the bench.
    Note to Sarunas:
    It is OK to 'freeze' Foster out. On the outside chance that he does catch your pass, the odds are still not great that he'll get it in the bucket.

A better 'pass' when you see him open near the basket is to take the shot and hope he can tap it in if you miss.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    ....if it works for the team then it works for the team.

I'm not advocating it but we're a flawed team so most 'answers' are going to involve compromises. Management put this team together and refused to address some of the issues so we should expect some of these issues and questions to arise.

Starting or not, maybe we are giving JO too many minutes. I don't think he's quite the player some are making him out to be. The team is just using him like he is and I wonder if it is to the detriment to the other players.

If Tinsley never returns, I'm fine with that.

-Bball
    I totally agree and off the bench he would still get his minutes.