Thread: The Fred Jones Appreciation Thread

Default The Fred Jones Appreciation Thread

Because man oh man, do I love his game. This guy can light it up, and he's been doing so consistantly of late. For those at the forum party who want him gone, all I say is look at tonight's game. Granted, he isn't going to shoot THIS well every game, but if he makes his shot somewhat consistant, do we really need another SG?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

Default Re: The Fred Jones Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because man oh man, do I love his game. This guy can light it up, and he's been doing so consistantly of late. For those at the forum party who want him gone, all I say is look at tonight's game. Granted, he isn't going to shoot THIS well every game, but if he makes his shot somewhat consistant, do we really need another SG?
    Hey now not all at the Forum party were ready to see him go. I said he was a Pacer for life because of his play in the Orlando game after the brawl.

He's a great backup sg b/c of his energy off the bench + more touches.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    -- Albert Einstein

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fred Jones has had a lot of reason to complain and ask for a trade while he's been here. He has been thrown out of the rotation, asked to be a number one option, been a 6th man, and he's never complained. All he's done is play his role, whatever that may be, and dazzle us with some fantastic dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Hey now not all at the Forum party were ready to see him go. I said he was a Pacer for life because of his play in the Orlando game after the brawl.
    Yet TPTB didn't offer him an extension. I'm not sure what that means... They've been burned by extensions before or he's not in our future?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I think Artest & Fred can land us Jason Richardson.... would you guys do it? I wouldn't it..

Fred is here to stay!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Yet TPTB didn't offer him an extension. I'm not sure what that means... They've een burned by extensions before or he's not in our future?

-Bball
    Yeah they did not keep a certain center either. It would not be the first thing they have done that I am unhappy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Granted, he isn't going to shoot THIS well every game, but if he makes his shot somewhat consistant, do we really need another SG?

We need one to replace S Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    We need one to replace S Jackson.

After just making 4 3's in a row, I'm not so sure....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Freddie is a PIMP.

Give this young man a 5 year deal

I don't recall anyone at the forum party wanting Fred gone. Most really like him, they just don't think he's a starting shooting guard.

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

If it is not required to break the bank to keep freddy I would hope they do so.

I would give Freddie the full MLE

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Yet TPTB didn't offer him an extension. I'm not sure what that means... They've been burned by extensions before or he's not in our future?

-Bball
    I would like to believe that the Pacers will keep Freddie as he would be a very solid backup SG coming off the bench to provide energy, some solid defense and for the very reasons that Isaac@secton216 sited.....but I am rather skeptical whether TPTB will resign Freddie. He maybe a restricted FA and the Pacers can match any offer he gets....but I doubt that they pony up the money to keep him.....cuz I am 99% sure that a team in need of a starting or backup SG is gonna offer him a contract that will make the Pacers blink.

The only hope that I can have is if the Artest trade yields some decent salary cap relief by receiving an expiring contract and sending away a big contract as well so that we will have the resources to match any offer he receives.

Until I see the Pacers actually resign Freddie...I will believe it. Until then....enjoy Freddie in a Pacer uniform....cuz I suspect that this will be his last season as a Pacers.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

It's fair to say I've jumped back on the Fred-Wagon

WOO! I waited until that slump was gone and now look at him! *cough*CONTRACT!*cough*

GO FRED! WHO!? FRED JONES!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt©
    It's good to know I'm not the only one still bitter about Zan Tabak.
    zan tabak? i thought ragnar was talking about the veep

anyway, i like freddie, but not as a starter. yes, it's because of his height (or lack of). still, there's been a few players who have overcome this disadvantage - iverson and wade come to mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute
    zan tabak? i thought ragnar was talking about the veep

anyway, i like freddie, but not as a starter. yes, it's because of his height (or lack of). still, there's been a few players who have overcome this disadvantage - iverson and wade come to mind.
    Well Freddy, that was a great game last night, but since you're not quite tall enough we must temper our admiration and appreciation for your game.

Come on, give me a break!

If a guys getting the job done, then he's getting the job done. We don't need to chase him down after the game with a measuring tape to make sure he was tall enough.

If height matters, why not just have a starting lineup of Manute Bol, George Muresan, Shawn Bradley, Chuck Nevitt and Pavel Podkolzin? They'd be tall, how could they lose?

And Freddy, you're tall enough to play 30 minutes per game, but you're not quite tall enough to play the FIRST six minutes of the game.

Someday my head's going to explode.

Wasn't it mentioned on here already that we can't extend Fred Jones because the date by which you had to do that has passed?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    Well Freddy, that was a great game last night, but since you're not quite tall enough we must temper our admiration and appreciation for your game.

Come on, give me a break!

If a guys getting the job done, then he's getting the job done. We don't need to chase him down after the game with a measuring tape to make sure he was tall enough.

If height matters, why not just have a starting lineup of Manute Bol, George Muresan, Shawn Bradley, Chuck Nevitt and Pavel Podkolzin? They'd be tall, how could they lose?

And Freddy, you're tall enough to play 30 minutes per game, but you're not quite tall enough to play the FIRST six minutes of the game.

Someday my head's going to explode.
    uh, matchups?

just because a guy plays great doesn't mean he has to start. the bulls don't start ben gordon either.

as a starting sg, fred will match up with guys 3"-4" taller most of the time. sure he may be able to handle some of them, but it still makes more sense for him to match up against the weaker (even if taller) reserves. maybe that sounds like criticism of fred, but i think it's better for the team.

for what's it's worth, i'm a freddie fan.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie4Three
    Wasn't it mentioned on here already that we can't extend Fred Jones because the date by which you had to do that has passed?
    Regardless of the reason....whether it is because they had no intention to extend him and let the market decide his value or ( worse ) they simply forgot due to some clerical error.....the Pacers didn't extend Freddie's contract when they had the chance.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Chest Rockwell

Fred's going to get alot of face time vs. Kobe tonight. He's playing his way toward getting a big contract with a really bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute
    uh, matchups?

just because a guy plays great doesn't mean he has to start. the bulls don't start ben gordon either.

as a starting sg, fred will match up with guys 3"-4" taller most of the time. sure he may be able to handle some of them, but it still makes more sense for him to match up against the weaker (even if taller) reserves. maybe that sounds like criticism of fred, but i think it's better for the team.

for what's it's worth, i'm a freddie fan.
    If we can start Sarunas at the 2 the we damn sure could start Freddie at the 2. He plays people 3-4 inches taller then him all the time.