Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: Forum gathing recap....

  1. #26

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're going to place the blame somewhere, place it on management. Specifically, for hanging onto Ron too long and allowing him to wreak havoc on this franchise. Rick's had this big gooey mess of a team he's had to work with. He's done a rather remarkable job, if you ask me. Does he frustrate me at times, hell yes. But he's clearly had to fly by the seat of pants because there hasn't been any consistency these past couple of years. I'd like to see him given at least one more year after this, because once again, we find ourselves in an anomolous situation this season and management has some work to do.
    If you are going to use a big word spel it currectly, bp. ... it's anomalous situation...

    (I only mention this because my friend Harmonica in a past life was chief of the internet spelling police.]

    The most legit criticism of TPTB is this: The Pacers are having a hard time trading Artest mostly because team finances are in such a mess. We are so strapped by the luxury tax that the only kind of trade we can make is one that is luxury tax friendly. We simply can't afford to take on a sizable long-term contract. Pollard because we need his expiring contract badly is, for example, not someone we will trade without getting similar or better luxury tax relief for next year in return.

    I dare say, if Paul Pierce were offered today for Artest and Pollard, we wouldn't do the deal because of what it would do to us financially. That's sad, but that's almost certainly the truth.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt©
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had been there, I would have sat quietly outside the circle drinking free beer again.
    (whispering) I don't believe anyone drank any beer all night. Don't believe the rumours.

  3. #28
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'll admit I could be way off base here & could have added 1 + 1 + 1 and got 16 but this is just my opinion.
    I got 16 too!

  4. #29
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,624

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, now THAT is worth driving down for....
    You haven't lived until you've listened to Arkman and Peck go at it. They could put it on pay-for-view.

    Alas, Arkman moved to that basketball wasteland known as Atlanta. I wonder if he's coming up for 3/30?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #30
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You haven't lived until you've listened to Arkman and Peck go at it. They could put it on pay-for-view.

    Alas, Arkman moved to that basketball wasteland known as Atlanta. I wonder if he's coming up for 3/30?

    I miss those a great deal. Actually I was only at one party where they were both there, but it was fun to watch

  6. #31

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    It's been a while since I posted on Pacers Digest, but I wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading the recap of the forum gathering, and wish I could have attended. The Pacers organization has gone through so many highs and lows the past two seasons and I truly enjoy reading each of your opinions on players, games, and team decisions. Again, PLEASE introduce yourself to me at a game if I'm in your area, it's always nice to meet a TRUE Pacer fan!!!

  7. #32
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,239
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh336
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been a while since I posted on Pacers Digest, but I wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading the recap of the forum gathering, and wish I could have attended. The Pacers organization has gone through so many highs and lows the past two seasons and I truly enjoy reading each of your opinions on players, games, and team decisions. Again, PLEASE introduce yourself to me at a game if I'm in your area, it's always nice to meet a TRUE Pacer fan!!!

    Welcome back Ashleigh!

    Missed hearing from you around here, please post more often. I haven't been able to make a game yet, you still working out there?

    Jr. still has his headband you gave him hanging prominently in his room.

    Do not be a stranger.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  8. #33
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are going to use a big word spel it currectly, bp. ... it's anomalous situation...
    I knew it looked funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (I only mention this because my friend Harmonica in a past life was chief of the internet spelling police.]

  9. #34

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Thanks for the welcome Indygeezer!!!!

    I am still working, but only every other game right now. Hopefully, you'll have the chance to come to a game in the near future.

    I will do my best to post more often, just difficult to do so during the day at work. But I promise I will try!!!

    Again, thanks for the greeting!

  10. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Maybe this summer Ashleigh can make the summer party. I promise Mrs. RWB will be there and if Kat shows up (oh, and you can bring that weird male friend of yours , maybe a few of the other female fans would feel comfortable in making the party.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  11. #36
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    As posted above, baring diasters I will be at the March 30th game (I have one ticket to unload before i buy it see tickets and trade forum) I would appreciate a get together around that day, either 29 or 31, But I do need to know pretty soon, since I have to book flight and can't stay more then 3 days (money money and work).
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  12. #37

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Not sure who the "weird male friend" is your talking about, but I will do my best to attend the next forum party. Like I said, I was really thinking about going on Saturday, but ran out of time. And hopefully it would encourage other female fans to attend as well, that would be GREAT!!!!

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    The "weird male friend" is Onnoxious Modesty, a close personal friend of Kat.

  14. #39
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,754

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    I guess the re-cap from the November forum party is gone for forever. I found the one from July, but there is 10 days gap where things were lost.

  15. #40
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    I is still working on that but time, time, time and time


    OOOPS, (edit) yes that means I stil have all those posts in another database, which is damaged and which I'm trying to incorporate in the current one
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  16. #41
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,239
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are going to use a big word spel it currectly, bp. ... it's anomalous situation...

    (I only mention this because my friend Harmonica in a past life was chief of the internet spelling police.]

    The most legit criticism of TPTB is this: The Pacers are having a hard time trading Artest mostly because team finances are in such a mess. We are so strapped by the luxury tax that the only kind of trade we can make is one that is luxury tax friendly. We simply can't afford to take on a sizable long-term contract. Pollard because we need his expiring contract badly is, for example, not someone we will trade without getting similar or better luxury tax relief for next year in return.

    I dare say, if Paul Pierce were offered today for Artest and Pollard, we wouldn't do the deal because of what it would do to us financially. That's sad, but that's almost certainly the truth.

    Are we to ASSUME that you meant to incorrectly spell "spell" above?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Thanks Jose, yes Ashleigh, Mr. Modesty and Kat attend the party together and of course my poor attempt at humor sinks like a lead balloon. Without going into too much detail let's say they may have a fondness for everything Boiler.

    Kat and my wife have attended some of the parties and they have no problem letting their opinions be known. Just an unbelievable group of people who get together to discuss one of our favorite things.

    Jose has and does an outstanding job in putting it all together. Funny it feels like a family reunion when you go. Wish we could have made it this last time, but once again the boy (ok man) was home from Purdue and Saturday he headed back to home away from home.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  18. #43
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,239
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Jose, yes Ashleigh, Mr. Modesty and Kat attend the party together and of course my poor attempt at humor sinks like a lead balloon. Without going into too much detail let's say they may have a fondness for everything Boiler.

    Kat and my wife have attended some of the parties and they have no problem letting their opinions be known. Just an unbelievable group of people who get together to discuss one of our favorite things.

    Jose has and does an outstanding job in putting it all together. Funny it feels like a family reunion when you go. Wish we could have made it this last time, but once again the boy (ok man) was home from Purdue and Saturday he headed back to home away from home.

    And so because he deigns to come home you end up grounded? Did he spend the night at home or did he run with the buddies?

    Who the heck is Kat?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  19. #44
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    All right! I didn't make the party, but I still received a mention--albeit a strange one. Yay me! (I think.)

    It sounds like it was a lot of fun yet again. Hopefully I can make the next one. (And Kat too.)
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  20. #45
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And so because he deigns to come home you end up grounded? Did he spend the night at home or did he run with the buddies?

    Who the heck is Kat?
    You must not visit PD's other forums..

    Why Not Us ?


  21. #46
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without going into too much detail let's say they may have a fondness for everything Boiler.
    Don't be so sure.

  22. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And so because he deigns to come home you end up grounded? Did he spend the night at home or did he run with the buddies?
    I guess mom and dad are just not fun anymore. Actually he was back for about 3 weeks and stayed home to visit the first night. In between we would hear him come in late and that was about it.

    He decided his presence maybe needed Friday around the house to spend quality time with mom and dad. Of course this was in anticipation of hauling his butt back up to Shreve Hall Saturday afternoon since he is only a freshman (no car allowed at PU this year).

    Next year he'll be able to take his own car up there.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  23. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    The next forum party will be Friday, March 31st.

    Same location.

    Thursday is Reggie's retirement & Saturday we play the Bucks. Able is only in town for three days so that pretty much leaves us the 31st.

    I'll start a thread in a couple weeks, but as of now, thats the plan.

  24. #49
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    whoooopeeee !
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  25. #50
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Forum gathing recap....

    Just to clear up any confusion, Kat is my significant other (no we're not married). She's attended the forum party 2 out of the 3 times I have had the pleasure of attending. She posts in every forum but the Pacers forum.

    By they way, we may live, work, and attend classes in Lafayette/West Lafayette, but...

    GO
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •