Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

  1. #26
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Jack sunk his own ship with his actions and attitudes, Sarunas (to a large extent, but some will still disagree) has not.

  2. #27
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by NPFII
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird has been following Euro teams and "international" play for several years now. He's been in Tel Aviv last year, and this year in his mysterious scouting trip he went to see Maccabi-Barcelona.

    In the past these scouing trips were done mostly by "scouts" who were looking for the next Euro talent (from the Sabonis-Kukoc era to the Nowitzki-Ginobili era).

    But something has changed in the recent few years - the NBA is actually appreciating the Euro style of play. Fundementals & teamplay, not just individual talents. The success of the semi-international world-champs Spurs, the no-superstar teamplay of the Pistons, and the D'Antoni-led Suns give a rise to a new thought process which is going on and conquering the NBA - encorporate NBA talent with Euro team play. Add to that the decreasing average level of the NBA players (raw high-schoolers, lack of fundementals, more teams) - there is room within the current NBA level for Euro players, who may have less "talent" in athletic ability and size, but have more "talent" in basketball IQ and fundementals.

    I think that's what Bird's talking about. I think it reminds him of "his" Celtics in the '80s, and I think he's ready to "load the bus" in UB's words.
    I also think that Saras is one of the best examples (if not THE best) of these differences, and is probably the 3rd piece on the new team (after JO & Granger) which will be built in these lines.

    Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I believe it's a step in a good direction, and if the Pacers wont do it - somebody else will.
    I could not agree more. The "Euro style" of play Bird wants is simply better team work. This is not majic. How many times have we heard Bird say that the team plays better when "the ball moves from side to side". The Spurs do that better than anyone else in the NBA. The Pistons move the ball at times as well, but not quite as often.

    ...and this is all related to character and chemistry as well. If you need your "touches" you will shoot whether you are open or not. Just ask Wacko Jacko. That is the problem with 90% of the teams out there. Too many NBA players are concerned about their stats, paycheck, ESPN highlights and whether they start...and in Ron Artest's words (roughly): "whether I can maximize my potential". The focus is on ME and my $ in the NBA, not on team first. I feel sorry for Saras' fans. I am not sure if they realized the nature of the NBA.

  3. #28
    Member NPFII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack sunk his own ship with his actions and attitudes, Sarunas (to a large extent, but some will still disagree) has not.
    I wouldn't mind hearing Jack's take on what's what. Jack is kind of a mystery to me. At times he seems like a great player, and other times he seems awfully moody and selfish. IMO his ship is far from sunken, and in the right constelation he could come to his own and get the respect he deserves, because it's obvious that he's got the talent.

    There's nothing wrong (IMO) with answering questions honestly, even if it sounds a bit screechy at times. I dont think Sarunas initiated any of his interviews, and I can only guess that the Pacers organization monitors (or even controls) where, when and who are interviewed. You can't blame a player for speaking his mind when asked, even if he's "just" a rookie.

    I do agree that all this blabbering in the media can have negative effects, but that's our world - like it or not...

  4. #29
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He isnt wrong with what he is saying but he should shut up for once. If Jack came out and said he doesnt like how we play, or how he hates playing the 3. People would want him to be traded. This guy doesnt deserve no special treatment.
    People do not want Jack traded for making those statements. People want him traded because he takes ill advised shots appearing to be a selfish player, plays inconsistent (although I do not necessarily agree with that), flips people off getting technicals and fines, plays the race card with the NBA dress code, and was far too willing to jump in the stands and throw punches on 11/19...and he is the only Pacer who wants Ron Ron back, which shows he belongs where Ron is -- on the trading block. In short he lacks character and is a head case, in some ways like Ron Ron. If he was an average player on the team, he would be gone already...just like Ron Ron.

  5. #30
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People do not want Jack traded for making those statements. People want him traded because he takes ill advised shots appearing to be a selfish player, plays inconsistent (although I do not necessarily agree with that), flips people off getting technicals and fines, plays the race card with the NBA dress code, and was far too willing to jump in the stands and throw punches on 11/19...and he is the only Pacer who wants Ron Ron back, which shows he belongs where Ron is -- on the trading block. In short he lacks character and is a head case, in some ways like Ron Ron. If he was an average player on the team, he would be gone already...just like Ron Ron.
    Guess Jermaine should be traded too then.

  6. #31
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess Jermaine should be traded too then.
    Jermaine did not jump in the stands...he defended himself and others on the floor on 11/19. That reflects his true character and why his suspension was reduced. Jermaine is not perfect, but he has class and intelligence which Jack lacks. ....at least Jermaine is smart enough to know Ron needs to go.

  7. #32
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine did not jump in the stands...he defended himself and others on the floor on 11/19. That reflects his true character and why his suspension was reduced. Jermaine is not perfect, but he has class and intelligence which Jack lacks. ....at least Jermaine is smart enough to know Ron needs to go.
    Jack went in the stands and defended Ron and others. Whats your point? Jermaine hit people and Jack hit people who gives a **** where they hit them.

    Jack has been on NBA championship team and has been a starter in the NBA for many years. Sarunas is a back up PG and a rookie at that. He needs to keep his mouth shut and do what he is asked. Like Peck said you dont see Danny *****ing after every game about how he doesnt like playing the 4. After every damn game he is *****ing about something with the team.

  8. #33
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine did not jump in the stands...he defended himself and others on the floor on 11/19. That reflects his true character and why his suspension was reduced. Jermaine is not perfect, but he has class and intelligence which Jack lacks. ....at least Jermaine is smart enough to know Ron needs to go.
    Jermaine was definitely trying to get up into the stands, you can ask the security guy he shoved over the scorers table as he was trying to get up into the stands.

  9. #34
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,477

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I expressed the theory that this guy just needs to stop talking to the press so much. I don't care if he is not the typical rookie or not, he is still a rookie & as such I don't want to see article after article with the guy listing out all of his problems or lamenting the fact that the NBA doesn't play the game the way he thinks it should be played. .
    I'd be inclined to to agree with you if I didn't agree so much with what Sarunas is saying. At least he's being diplomatic.

    I feel like a rant this morning... I've been up too late and not everything is rosy for me right now anyway. Maybe I was blinded too much by the light and buried my darkside too much.



    I want the Pacers playing a cutting, passing, motion offense. I'm tired of pretending JO is better than he is and can be a one man wrecking crew. Let's make the other team play real defense and let's make them use their legs and chase us... fight thru screens... chase the ball reversals.... etc..

    Park the JO iso-ball. I'm tired of it.... I'm done with it... I don't think it is playing to this team's strengths at all. It's simply making us easier to defend, keeping players out of position for rebounds, and slowly exposing the flaws in our system and the people running it. Could it be we're "figured out"?

    If we have to run it to please JO then I'll help drive him to the airport or directly to his new city. If this is all Carlisle's idea then my apologies to JO and instead I'll help drive Carlisle out of town and give the new coach a ride back.

    And I'm a bit tired of Carlisle's insistence on always trying to matchup with the other team anyway. Let's try and make them counter us for a change. I don't like the egg timer for subsitutions either. And I don't like the favoritism he seems to show to some players.

    And this from the Star gives me some pause:
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird from the Star
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers president Larry Bird, who scouted Jasikevicius for two seasons before signing him to a three-year, $12 million contract last summer, relates to Jasikevicius' pain. He appreciates the European game more than the modern NBA game in some ways, too.

    "I feel for his frustration," Bird said. "I see it, too."

    "He's won three (European) championships. He's been on teams that are very unselfish, move the ball, and play hard every night."

    Bird's preference isn't for Jasikevicius to adapt to the NBA's robotic mold. It's to develop a Pacers team that more closely fits the European style, as Detroit and San Antonio do.

    "They're tied in, they play together, they go for the wins," Bird said. "I'd love our team to do that."
    Well, me too! But I can't do much about it BUT I would think with that title in front of your name there Larry that YOU could do LOTS about it. So what's the roadblock? DW won't actually give you the keys to the team? Carlisle is too good of a friend to fire or put on the hotseat? Do you have a player or two that 'needs' it to be like it is for their ego?

    And it's not like this season is going to the promised land anyway so why not start remolding the thing now? If we have to tear it down to build it back up, so be it. Grab the draft pick and use it well. If we make the playoffs without Iso Ball, then great... we can practice playing in the playoffs without it too.

    And the attitudes.... Management should have a handle on this stuff. If it's coaching causing good players to go bad, do something... If it's bad players with egos too large then do something there too. For the love of God, do something! How in the world did we end up with FOUR PG's? That's nice for training camp or summer league, but it's January. Obviously one of them wasn't thrilling someone in TPTB's offices so pull the friggin' trigger and make a move. What are we waiting on? Is the situation not festering enough yet? Can we maybe wait and polarize the players and fans some more?

    In my best Jim Mora voice: "Patience? PATIENCE??? PATIENCE???? Don't talk to me about PATIENCE!!!!"

    And as for Ron.... If nobody wants Artest, then keep him sitting and start looking at the rest of the roster. Pretend he's Bender and won't be playing no matter what. Focus the energies elsewhere.

    And speaking of injured players.... Somebody please figure out that if a player is constantly injured then he can't help the team. Not only can't he help the team from the bench or the rehab room, but he doesn't help the team when he finally does play and then goes right back to injured status after a game (or a few games (Hello Jamaal)). There's no consistency there at all for the team to build on or gel with and it creates other problems when other players keep getting jerked around starting/not starting/playing/not playing trying to fill in for oft injured players. Sure, everyone has to patch someone in a game or a few games over the course of a season, but they don't continually do it all season. Not back and forth.

    This team isn't on a championship track. I KNOW they won't be winning this year now... but they're not even putting up building blocks for one for next season... or the next.... Right now we're simply wasting time. Gaining nothing. Spinning our wheels. Wallowing in the middle. Barring some changes, at 'best' (depending on how you define 'best' because I'll accept the argument that the best thing now is getting a high draft pick) then we make the playoffs with a mid or lower seeding. Get knocked out.... and then get a mid to lower mid draft pick. Oh boy, vicious cycle time.

    OK... who's with me?

    ---
    There I feel better.... I think.... It's nice to get in touch with my darkside feelings every now and then.



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #35
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack went in the stands and defended Ron and others. Whats your point? Jermaine hit people and Jack hit people who gives a **** where they hit them.

    Jack has been on NBA championship team and has been a starter in the NBA for many years. Sarunas is a back up PG and a rookie at that. He needs to keep his mouth shut and do what he is asked. Like Peck said you dont see Danny *****ing after every game about how he doesnt like playing the 4. After every damn game he is *****ing about something with the team.
    It all boils down to the team's immaturity. Just ask DD. Saras has a right to speak his mind and a right to speak the truth...even if it stings a little.

  11. #36
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Its going to sting when one of our players goes up side his head too

  12. #37
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be inclined to to agree with you if I didn't agree so much with what Sarunas is saying. At least he's being diplomatic.

    I feel like a rant this morning... I've been up too late and not everything is rosy for me right now anyway. Maybe I was blinded too much by the light and buried my darkside too much.



    I want the Pacers playing a cutting, passing, motion offense. I'm tired of pretending JO is better than he is and can be a one man wrecking crew. Let's make the other team play real defense and let's make them use their legs and chase us... fight thru screens... chase the ball reversals.... etc..

    Park the JO iso-ball. I'm tired of it.... I'm done with it... I don't think it is playing to this team's strengths at all. It's simply making us easier to defend, keeping players out of position for rebounds, and slowly exposing the flaws in our system and the people running it. Could it be we're "figured out"?

    If we have to run it to please JO then I'll help drive him to the airport or directly to his new city. If this is all Carlisle's idea then my apologies to JO and instead I'll help drive Carlisle out of town and give the new coach a ride back.

    And I'm a bit tired of Carlisle's insistence on always trying to matchup with the other team anyway. Let's try and make them counter us for a change. I don't let the egg timer for subsitutions either. And I don't like the favoritism he seems to show to some players.

    And this from the Star gives me some pause:


    Well, me too! But I can't do much about it BUT I would think with that title in front of your name there Larry that YOU could do LOTS about it. So what's the roadblock? DW won't actually give you the keys to the team? Carlisle is too good of a friend to fire or put on the hotseat? Do you have a player or two that 'needs' it to be like it is for their ego?

    And it's not like this season is going to the promised land anyway so why not start remolding the thing now? If we have to tear it down to build it back up, so be it. Grab the draft pick and use it well. If we make the playoffs without Iso Ball, then great... we can practice playing in the playoffs without it too.

    And the attitudes.... Management should have a handle on this stuff. If it's coaching causing good players to go bad, do something... If it's bad players with egos too large then do something there too. For the love of God, do something! How in the world did we end up with FOUR PG's? That's nice for training camp or summer league, but it's January. Obviously one of them wasn't thrilling someone in TPTB's offices so pull the friggin' trigger and make a move. What are we waiting on? Is the situation not festering enough yet? Can we maybe wait and polarize the players and fans some more?

    In my best Jim Mora voice: "Patience? PATINCE??? PATIENCE???? Don't talk to me about PATIENCE!!!!"

    And as for Ron.... If nobody wants Artest, then keep him sitting and start looking at the rest of the roster. Pretend he's Bender and won't be playing no matter what. Focus the energies elsewhere.

    And speaking of injured players.... Somebody please figure out that if a player is constantly injured then he can't help the team. Not only can't he help the team from the bench or the rehab room, but he doesn't help the team when he finally does play and then goes right back to injured status after a game (or a few games (Hello Jamaal)). There's no consistency there at all for the team to build on or gel with and it creates other problems when other players keep getting jerked around starting/not starting/playing/not playing trying to fill in for oft injured players. Sure, everyone has to patch someone in a game or a few games over the course of a season, but they don't continually do it all season. Not back and forth.

    This team isn't on a championship track. I KNOW they won't be winning this year now... but they're not even putting up building blocks for one for next season... or the next.... Right now we're simply wasting time. Gaining nothing. Spinning our wheels. Wallowing in the middle. Barring some changes, at 'best' (depending on how you define 'best' because I'll accept the argument that the best thing now is getting a high draft pick) then we make the playoffs with a mid or lower seeding. Get knocked out.... and then get a mid to lower mid draft pick. Oh boy, vicious cycle time.

    OK... who's with me?

    ---
    There I feel better.... I think.... It's nice to get in touch with my darkside feelings every now and then.



    -Bball

    Darkside or not, I'm a registered member of the brigade, but I actually agree with you.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    I agree with it too.

  14. #39
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want the Pacers playing a cutting, passing, motion offense.
    You mean, like The Quick.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  15. #40
    ghost
    Guest

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be inclined to to agree with you if I didn't agree so much with what Sarunas is saying. At least he's being diplomatic.

    I feel like a rant this morning... I've been up too late and not everything is rosy for me right now anyway. Maybe I was blinded too much by the light and buried my darkside too much.



    I want the Pacers playing a cutting, passing, motion offense. I'm tired of pretending JO is better than he is and can be a one man wrecking crew. Let's make the other team play real defense and let's make them use their legs and chase us... fight thru screens... chase the ball reversals.... etc..

    Park the JO iso-ball. I'm tired of it.... I'm done with it... I don't think it is playing to this team's strengths at all. It's simply making us easier to defend, keeping players out of position for rebounds, and slowly exposing the flaws in our system and the people running it. Could it be we're "figured out"?

    If we have to run it to please JO then I'll help drive him to the airport or directly to his new city. If this is all Carlisle's idea then my apologies to JO and instead I'll help drive Carlisle out of town and give the new coach a ride back.

    And I'm a bit tired of Carlisle's insistence on always trying to matchup with the other team anyway. Let's try and make them counter us for a change. I don't like the egg timer for subsitutions either. And I don't like the favoritism he seems to show to some players.

    And this from the Star gives me some pause:


    Well, me too! But I can't do much about it BUT I would think with that title in front of your name there Larry that YOU could do LOTS about it. So what's the roadblock? DW won't actually give you the keys to the team? Carlisle is too good of a friend to fire or put on the hotseat? Do you have a player or two that 'needs' it to be like it is for their ego?

    And it's not like this season is going to the promised land anyway so why not start remolding the thing now? If we have to tear it down to build it back up, so be it. Grab the draft pick and use it well. If we make the playoffs without Iso Ball, then great... we can practice playing in the playoffs without it too.

    And the attitudes.... Management should have a handle on this stuff. If it's coaching causing good players to go bad, do something... If it's bad players with egos too large then do something there too. For the love of God, do something! How in the world did we end up with FOUR PG's? That's nice for training camp or summer league, but it's January. Obviously one of them wasn't thrilling someone in TPTB's offices so pull the friggin' trigger and make a move. What are we waiting on? Is the situation not festering enough yet? Can we maybe wait and polarize the players and fans some more?

    In my best Jim Mora voice: "Patience? PATIENCE??? PATIENCE???? Don't talk to me about PATIENCE!!!!"

    And as for Ron.... If nobody wants Artest, then keep him sitting and start looking at the rest of the roster. Pretend he's Bender and won't be playing no matter what. Focus the energies elsewhere.

    And speaking of injured players.... Somebody please figure out that if a player is constantly injured then he can't help the team. Not only can't he help the team from the bench or the rehab room, but he doesn't help the team when he finally does play and then goes right back to injured status after a game (or a few games (Hello Jamaal)). There's no consistency there at all for the team to build on or gel with and it creates other problems when other players keep getting jerked around starting/not starting/playing/not playing trying to fill in for oft injured players. Sure, everyone has to patch someone in a game or a few games over the course of a season, but they don't continually do it all season. Not back and forth.

    This team isn't on a championship track. I KNOW they won't be winning this year now... but they're not even putting up building blocks for one for next season... or the next.... Right now we're simply wasting time. Gaining nothing. Spinning our wheels. Wallowing in the middle. Barring some changes, at 'best' (depending on how you define 'best' because I'll accept the argument that the best thing now is getting a high draft pick) then we make the playoffs with a mid or lower seeding. Get knocked out.... and then get a mid to lower mid draft pick. Oh boy, vicious cycle time.

    OK... who's with me?

    ---
    There I feel better.... I think.... It's nice to get in touch with my darkside feelings every now and then.



    -Bball

    five guys fighting together are better than one running around (one exception - if he is MJ).

  16. #41
    Follow me no more....... Fireball Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    I think Sarunas is just saying what most people dont want to hear. The current offense will not go very far in the playoffs because of too many Isolation plays and not enough passing, picknrolls and motion. I dont really know what needs to be done to make the offense better, but what I do know is that Stephen Jackson is not the answer as our shooting guard.

  17. #42
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    NPFII said"I think that's what Bird's talking about. I think it reminds him of "his" Celtics in the '80s, and I think he's ready to "load the bus" in UB's words.
    I also think that Saras is one of the best examples (if not THE best) of these differences, and is probably the 3rd piece on the new team (after JO & Granger) which will be built in these lines."

    I believe there are some other players who could fit with the team concept.
    Some of the remaining players are limited physically or mentally.
    You can figure out who fits in what category. One thing this team needs is
    more team speed especially in the shooting guard spot. I believe Granger has
    the necessary speed to play faster. The Pacers need a finisher on the fast
    break. It just seems like the Pacers have a very difficult time finishing on
    the break. Foster runs and is a good player to keep. JO's role is to block shots and rebound and then immediately get the ball into the point guards
    hands. Tinsley demands the ball and I believe Saras needs to do the same.
    Too many times the wrong person brings the ball upcourt.

    Is Ricky Davis good on the fast break. He strikes me as a more natural shooting guard than Jackson but can he run and finish on the fast break?


    owl

  18. #43

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Saras just doesn't complain about the offense and he doesn't just say his peace and move on. I'd be thrilled to read a Saras quote that isn't talking about style of play, his role on the team or the lack of passionate Israeli fans.

    As to style of play the difference between the Pistons and Spurs and us isn't primarly the offense that they run. It's the fact they are better defensively and have better players who play in the majority of their games.

    Also I don't get why the players are critized for the offense Rick runs. Perhaps they would be better team players if they broke the plays Rick called.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  19. #44
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,477

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Also I don't get why the players are critized for the offense Rick runs. Perhaps they would be better team players if they broke the plays Rick called.
    You think they don't break them anyway?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  20. #45
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And speaking of injured players.... Somebody please figure out that if a player is constantly injured then he can't help the team. Not only can't he help the team from the bench...........
    I swear I just read in the Star that Jamaal told Stephen to spin baseline on the play that clinched the GS game........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  21. #46
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Don't forget Fred

  22. #47
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I swear I just read in the Star the Jamaal told Stephen to spin baseline on the play that clinched the GS game........
    Naw that was sunny reporting from the star to hide tins' pouting
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  23. #48

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think they don't break them anyway?

    -Bball
    They may but that is beside the point. Rick is the one who chooses to go to the isolation.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  24. #49
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,477

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They may but that is beside the point. Rick is the one who chooses to go to the isolation.
    That's why I said what I said. If this is the type of play he wants then I'm available to drive him to his next job (be it coaching or TV) ASAP.

    If management is not giving him the players to play any other way then I'm all for changing that too. New players... new management... whatever it takes.

    Seriously, whatever it takes to change this I am all for.

    No more iso ball. We don't have the players for it. Not for a whole game. I have no problem with it on a possession but I don't want to see it as our bread and butter.... and I'd prefer not stocking the team with players to play that system anyway. I don't want to see that any more than I want to see us run and gun.

    Team defense. Team offense. Team basketball.

    It sounds like Bird wants the same thing I do. So why are we not seeing it?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #50
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,477

    Default Re: Star}Welcome to the NBA, Sarunas

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The interesting comment were not by Saras, but rather from Bird. Sounds to me he's ready to load the bus
    Bird's comment is what struck me as well. Much more than what Saras was saying. But what's he going to do about it? Actions speak louder than words.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •