Thread: Sounds like Davis is not really happy about Ron possibly coming to the Warriors

Default Sounds like Davis is not really happy about Ron possibly coming to the Warriors

ESPN - Baron Davis won't openly lobby for the Warriors to sweeten their Ron Artest offers to Indiana. Input on a potential trade, Davis told me, is "not something I want."

"I trust management," Davis said. "They brought me here and I appreciate 'em for that, but at the same time I don't want anything to do with [decision making]."

Davis also won't be protesting if Chris Mullin can concoct a deal that gets Artest to Oakland soon.

Turns out Davis and Artest are pals.

"I've known him since high school," Davis said. "We're actually friends. I know that any team he goes to, he's going to make them a lot better."
    LINK

To me it sounds like he's not really excited about it after reading what he had to say.

Default Re: Sounds like Davis is not really happy about Ron possibly coming to the Warriors

I tend to disagree with you. Davis said that him and Artest are friends. Just because he isn't trying to force GS management to make a deal for Artest doesn't mean he is not excited about Artest coming but hey I could be wrong.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sounds like Davis is not really happy about Ron possibly coming to the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tend to disagree with you. Davis said that him and Artest are friends. Just because he isn't trying to force GS management to make a deal for Artest doesn't mean he is not excited about Artest coming but hey I could be wrong.
    You're not wrong... GetOdom just tries to find any reason why a trade with GS shouldn't/ can't be done...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Carmelo did.

Because he wants Ron on his team heck he even preached Denver to get it done ASAP...

If Davis could've said something about he wants him here then he would be excited all he said yeah blah blah blah me and him were friends in HS...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom

LINK

To me it sounds like he's not really excited about it after reading what he had to say.

Dude, it's getting very annoying when you try to find ways to make it seem like we aren't going to deal with the Warriors, just because you personally don't want it to happen.

All Baron was saying was that he wasn't going to be a punk and put more pressure on the Warriors to make a deal for Ron. If you actually read it he said he's "not scared of Ron-Ron".

The title of this thread is very misleading.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Sorry if I sound like a jerk.
    You're not, you're just speaking for the rest of us who are getting tired of his antics... but someone else sure seems to be getting that way (sounding like a jerk... over and over and over)...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

you all need to chill out

I read these forums everyday and I'm sure that everyone here needs to lighten up, getodom's posting is hardly whato would call antics.

PHP Code:
    I read these forums everyday and I'm sure that everyone here needs to lighten up, getodom's posting is hardly whato would call antics
    I love coming here to read about the latest rumors, but I also get a kick out of some of the english!

Would someone please tell me what "whato" means?

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    GetOdom,

I agree with Rommie.

Davis has to play at Golden State and he has sense enough to know him lobbying for Ron would mean some of his teammates would be gone. How would you like it if one of your teammates lobbyed for someone that would likely replace you? You wouldn't, no one would.

And yes Carmelo lobbied, but Carmelo is young and dumb. (Which doesn't mean all young people are dumb. We have some really smart ones here on PD)

Owned by the double post

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    GetOdom,

I agree with Rommie.

Davis has to play at Golden State and he has sense enough to know him lobbying for Ron would mean some of his teammates would be gone. How would you like it if one of your teammates lobbyed for someone that would likely replace you? You wouldn't, no one would.

And yes Carmelo lobbied, but Carmelo is young and dumb. (Which doesn't mean all young people are dumb. We have some really smart ones here on PD)
    Please provide links for statements like this. Otherwise I will have to accept it as an unfounded rumor.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mark Stein yesterday evening specifically said he would love to have Ron but will stop short of lobbying the team to trade for him.. of course they go back to playng together in AAU ball... so I had mentioned before on this I am sure that Baron woud like to have Ron on the team....

Why Not Us ?

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

GetOdom's posts are FULL of antics i don't know how you could say otherwise. He's new and thread happy and wants to post anything and everything possible just to have an excuse to "be heard" no matter how irrelevant or untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Please provide links for statements like this. Otherwise I will have to accept it as an unfounded rumor.

You funny