Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,442

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Google Taps NBA To Launch Video Marketplace

    http://www.nba.com/news/google_060106.html

    LAS VEGAS – Jan. 6, 2006 – Google has teamed with the NBA to make current season NBA games available online for the first time as part of the launch of its Google Video Store, the first open video marketplace where consumers can buy or rent a wide range of video content, it was announced today by Larry Page, Google’s Co-Founder and President, Products, at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES).

    Starting today, people who visit the Google Video homepage at http://video.google.com will be able to access 2005-06 NBA games and some of the greatest individual performances in NBA history. Marking the first time NBA fans can purchase full NBA contests online, each NBA game for the rest of this season, including the NBA Playoffs and The Finals, will be available to fans in its entirety for $3.95 per game, 24 hours after its conclusion.

    "Google's innovative presentation of information and content is revolutionizing the way people access media," said NBA Commissioner David Stern. "In the increasingly competitive and rapidly changing world of entertainment, Google Video provides us with a new way to deliver the NBA experience to our fans when and how they want it."

    In addition, the highest scoring games of some of the NBA’s best players will be available including Kobe Bryant’s 62-point performance in three quarters vs. Dallas last month.

    The following career-high scoring performances will be available through Google Video, with more to be added at a later date:

    PLAYER PTS MATCHUP DATE
    Kobe Bryant 62 pts Lakers vs. Mavericks 12/20/05
    Tracy McGrady 62 pts Magic vs. Wizards 3/10/04
    Shaquille O'Neal 61 pts Lakers vs. Clippers 3/6/00
    Allen Iverson 60 pts Sixers vs. Magic 2/12/05
    LeBron James 56 pts Cavaliers vs. Raptors 3/20/05
    Tim Duncan 53 pts Spurs vs Mavericks 12/26/01
    Dirk Nowitzki 53 pts Mavericks vs. Rockets 12/2/04
    Vince Carter 51 pts Nets vs. Heat 12/23/05
    Dwyane Wade 48 pts Heat vs. Sixers 4/14/05
    Kevin Garnett 47 pts Timberwolves vs. Suns 1/4/05
    Steve Nash 39 pts Mavericks vs. Blazers 12/11/01

    NBA games will be the only major professional sports league content available to fans in the Google Video Store. Starting today, users can browse a directory of video by category from the store or search Google’s entire collection of videos by simply entering keywords in the search box. Search results are delivered in less than half-a-second. Other content providers to Google Video include CBS' CSI, Survivor, and classic shows like The Brady Bunch; music videos from Sony BMG; and a host of other programming.

    Google Video is the first open video marketplace where any video producer, large or small, can upload their content for free and distribute it how they wish. For instance, video prices are set by the content provider and can range from free to any price they set with no minimum or maximum dollar-limit. Owners also have the choice to offer their content with or without copy protection – enabling them greater control over its distribution.

    Additionally, all content from Google Video can be viewed with a new player that can be downloaded for free from any playback page. It offers all the traditional playback options (play, pause, stop…) as well as a “thumbnail” navigation feature that enables users to browse through an entire video, or frames at a time, with a simple click of their mouse. The player is designed for viewing Google Video content only, it is a five-megabyte download, and is compatible with Windows XP and Windows 2000.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    I wonder what format they are... and if they're DRM'ed...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    If it's up already, there's no clear way to access it.

  4. #4
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,121

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    So, for the price you pay do you think you should be able to copy it?


    owl

  5. #5
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    After reading the article about this posted on CNN, it seems as if Google is allowing content providers to set their own prices and levels of copy protection. Some providers are offering free content with no restrictions. The NBA is not. Currently for $3.95, you cannot move the NBA game you want to watch to the portable device of your choice, and you must be online and connected to the net to watch it at all. Because of this, I don't see any real benefit, especially at that price. If these restrictions are not lifted, this will be a HUGE flop for the NBA and Google.

  6. #6
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,515
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    If I can't save it or transfer it I will NOT be buying. I'll wait for someone to crack it and download it for free.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  7. #7
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,413

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I can't save it or transfer it I will NOT be buying. I'll wait for someone to crack it and download it for free.
    That's the American way. Wait for someone to steal it and then take the stolen goods.

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the American way. Wait for someone to steal it and then take the stolen goods.
    I hate it when people say that. It's not theft, it's copyright infringement. That doesn't make it right. But calling it theft is lying, which isn't right either.

    The plain fact is that's a terrible deal for customers... but who ever accused the NBA of caring about things like that?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,413

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate it when people say that. It's not theft, it's copyright infringement. That doesn't make it right. But calling it theft is lying, which isn't right either.

    The plain fact is that's a terrible deal for customers... but who ever accused the NBA of caring about things like that?
    I would say taking a product that was created to be used in one place, removing it, and then using it in another place without the person's permission is stealing their "property." I would be doing the same thing if I buy a teacher resourse book for school that forbids me to copy it and then making copies for everyone I know. I broke the agrement I made when I bought it. Stating it as copyright infringement is a way to make it more pallatable I guess.

    So it being a bad deal makes it o.k. to obtain it illeaglly? Shoot in that case I think I'll go down to Best Buy and walk out with that $12,000 HD t.v. 12 grand just isn't a good deal for me.

    As for the product, I doubt I would purcase it beause i have no desire to watch a complete game on my computer. Can it be watched through a gaming system? Also, do you get unlimited viewings with the purchase or is it a one time rental?

  10. #10
    nevermind
    Guest

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say taking a product that was created to be used in one place, removing it, and then using it in another place without the person's permission is stealing their "property." I would be doing the same thing if I buy a teacher resourse book for school that forbids me to copy it and then making copies for everyone I know. I broke the agrement I made when I bought it. Stating it as copyright infringement is a way to make it more pallatable I guess.
    No, using something without the person's permission isn't steeling unless you take something from that person and he'll lose it. Does author loose his content when you copy it? No, so it's not stealing it's copyright infrigiment.

  11. #11
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Still way behind MLB.... I want to be able to watch all games on the Internet LIVE!!! .... GRRR....

  12. #12
    Lithfan
    Guest

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Thanks for wonderful news Kstat!!!
    Now I'll be able to watch all Indiana games and argue with you after each game!!!
    Great!!!

  13. #13
    Lithfan
    Guest

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    AHHHH
    Its not ready yet...

  14. #14
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,121

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, using something without the person's permission isn't steeling unless you take something from that person and he'll lose it. Does author loose his content when you copy it? No, so it's not stealing it's copyright infrigiment.
    That is one juicy rationalization nevermind. Orwell would be proud of
    your last sentence. I doubt it will be very financially rewarding for
    the NBA if you cannot view multiple times for the price you pay or
    you are not allowed to copy it. What is strange about this is that you
    can already record a game for your own use and watch it multple
    times.



    owl

  15. #15
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,461

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by owl
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is one juicy rationalization nevermind. Orwell would be proud of
    your last sentence. I doubt it will be very financially rewarding for
    the NBA if you cannot view multiple times for the price you pay or
    you are not allowed to copy it. What is strange about this is that you
    can already record a game for your own use and watch it multple
    times.



    owl
    No one has said that copyright infringement is right.

    They're just saying that it is different from stealing.

    And it is.

    The difference (restating here):

    When you "steal" something from somebody, the original owner doesn't have that thing anymore. For example, if I steal your car, you no longer have your car. That's obvious enough.

    When you infringe a copyright, you are not necessarily stealing anything from anyone. If I illegally download an mp3, for example, the original copyright holder(s) of the song still have their song, and they still have just as many copies of it as they did before I downloaded it.

    Is copyright infringement illegal? Yes. Is it wrong? Possibly. But is it "STEALING?"

    NO. BY DEFINITION, IT IS NOT STEALING. IT'S DIFFERENT.

    Whether or not stealing is morally equivalent to copyright infringement is another story, and there should be a genuine debate there, but I can certainly sympathize with people who are sick of hearing somebody equate the two automatically whenever a discussion about copyright infringment/downloading comes up. BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.


  16. #16
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

    A basketball game is worth $1 tops.

    That way, you could get an entire season (including playoffs) for about $100 for 1 team. That's a price that many would pay. More popular historic games would bring in greater profits simply from increased sales.

    Four bucks is a major rip-off.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    When you download an album illegally you're stealing their work without them getting the money they would have got if you bought the CD. Saying it's not stealing is splitting hairs.

  18. #18
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you download an album illegally you're stealing their work without them getting the money they would have got if you bought the CD. Saying it's not stealing is splitting hairs.
    Two major differences. If you go into a store and steal a CD, they actually aren't able to sell that copy. So the store (and the label) actually lost something. If you get caught, it's a misdemeanor and a small fine.

    If you download a single 15-track CD off the internet, nobody has lost anything. The store can still sell the CD. But you're liable for $3,000,000 in damages ($200,000 per track) plus jail time.

    Does that seem odd to you?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    I think the idea with the large fine is that it's much harder to catch online downloaders than it is to catch shoplifters, so they want to hit the ones they do catch really hard in order to scare off others (and to compensate for all the money they lose on those who download albums and aren't caught).

  20. #20
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,515
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Copyrights are getting out of hand, big business is too paranoid about losing a buck. It just keeps getting worse. It started along time ago, big business tried to stop the VCR from being released because they feared people would just copy stuff and never buy. They were wrong then and they are wrong in the new digital age. Every new law that comes out is for big business, period, the consumers keep getting screwed and technology gets stifled.

    Now the TV stations want to digitally flag certain shows making it impossible to record, once again screwing the consumer. The new flag was stuck down for now. Just you wait though, big business will win, they'll pay off enough politicians till they get it passed. I pay over 100 bucks a month for satellite and over 60 for cable, so I can get every possible station. As long as I'm not making money off of it I should be able to do what I want, especially commercial TV. Music company's don't even want people to use 30 second clips of songs for ring tones on your cell phone without paying. Bars can get in trouble for using songs on a freaking karaoke machine if they don't follow the proper rules.

    It's illegal to copy a DVD that you own, not to sell or make money in anyway, just to copy for your own personal use. The download services for songs and albums make way to many stupid rules about what you can and can't do with what you have already payed for.

    I've never stole anything from a person or store in my life. As kids we'd ride our bikes to the local convenient store to buy candy and stuff. I had several friends that would take a candy bar or something small like that, not me I've never stole anything.

    Yes I do download stuff like movies and songs on occasions, call it stealing if you want I really don't give a flying ****. I own over 300+ CD's, 250+ DVD's and I still buy the ones I really like even though I could DL them all for free. I've downloaded plenty of stuff that I've later bought. The stuff I've DLed and did not buy, I would not have bought to begin with.

    "They" have actually made more money from me because of downloading.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  21. #21
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cant see the point of this service.

    I just dont see the point of watching a game after the completion of the game if I know the score.
    REALLY???

    I don't know, I love analysing game play, even if it's a 20 year old game.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one has said that copyright infringement is right.

    They're just saying that it is different from stealing.

    And it is.

    The difference (restating here):

    When you "steal" something from somebody, the original owner doesn't have that thing anymore. For example, if I steal your car, you no longer have your car. That's obvious enough.

    When you infringe a copyright, you are not necessarily stealing anything from anyone. If I illegally download an mp3, for example, the original copyright holder(s) of the song still have their song, and they still have just as many copies of it as they did before I downloaded it.

    Is copyright infringement illegal? Yes. Is it wrong? Possibly. But is it "STEALING?"

    NO. BY DEFINITION, IT IS NOT STEALING. IT'S DIFFERENT.

    Whether or not stealing is morally equivalent to copyright infringement is another story, and there should be a genuine debate there, but I can certainly sympathize with people who are sick of hearing somebody equate the two automatically whenever a discussion about copyright infringment/downloading comes up. BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

    So, by your analogy, if I take your call while you're at work, drive it around all day, but fill up the tank and put it back in its spot by 5pm, it isn't stealing.

    Remember, it isn't just big companies that lose money when you use technology to rob them, it's also composers, authors, musicians, and other artists. I am a member of ASCAP, and substantial chunk of my income comes from royalties. That includes royalties from recordings. It may not seem like it when you download a copy of something, but you are literally taking money out of my pocket.

  23. #23
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,678

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Ball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, by your analogy, if I take your call while you're at work, drive it around all day, but fill up the tank and put it back in its spot by 5pm, it isn't stealing.

    Remember, it isn't just big companies that lose money when you use technology to rob them, it's also composers, authors, musicians, and other artists. I am a member of ASCAP, and substantial chunk of my income comes from royalties. That includes royalties from recordings. It may not seem like it when you download a copy of something, but you are literally taking money out of my pocket.
    Your analogy goes even more limp then the one you are reacting to, because what you are proposing is defined by law as "joy-riding" and is not the same as stealing.

    First let me address the "service": ridiculously priced, think for two seconds, and if you're slow, take 10 minutes; Everyone in the USA with coverage can buy NBA League pass for $ 165 a year, see what? most games every day.
    That is roughly 1200 games a year, so the price for the commodity is set at $ 0.15 per game.
    Now because it is delivered over the internet, we add the bandwidth cost, let's say a game is streaming in real time, that would be approx 24kbps adn now let's make it a crappy system (unlikely, this is google we're talking about) and it uses 128 kbps, the game lasts 3 hours, so you have used ? 2.1 Gb. 1 Mbps in the USA costs between $ 65 and $ 165 p/m which gives you approx 333 Gb, so let's say $ 150 for 300 Gb which makes for $ 1 at most on "cost bandwidth" (in actual fact, it will be closer to $ 0.05) so we have a cost price at most, excluding "rights" of $ 1.15 and most likely of $ 0.30
    ........Nice profit, where do I sign up?
    The upload you say? desktop computer from any venue at the same speed as above to the servers of google, uhh adsl will more then do the job.
    Daylight robbery for "archived" games as my example deals with "live" games.
    Let's face it, watching only the P's games would cost me $ 320 a season, EXCLUDING the playoffs.

    That brings me to the agreement with the point that "copyright" (more specifically Intellectual Property rights) is totally out of control, they control US government (don't bother arguing they don't, that's a total waste of time) They, through that, control the courts.

    You are btw fully entitled to make a copy of a CD you buy, for your own use.
    You are fully entitled to lend your property to 3rd parties, though they would like to change the laws in that aspect as well.
    You are fully entitled to record TV programs, be it movies, shows or whatever and watch it at your convenience, you are entitled to watch your telly with your friends, (though they would like to change the law on that as well) all as long as you do not charge money or do it for "profit".

    Now since you are claiming that your income is based on royalties and henceforth you are being robbed by illegal copies of your work, first see what I wrote above about legal copies, before you start arguing.
    Then next tell me what he percentage is you get of the CD or Book or Movie that is sold on your behalf, beacuse there are "numbers" available for that in the music industry and I wont bother you with the *******ly theft of the recording industry of artists and their "back catalogues" but just he current ones.

    I do not know what you pay for a CD, but in the UK they are about $ 17 a pop.
    Of that money the costprice of the cd itself is $ 0.0002 printing it, packaging etc $ 0.15
    margin for shopkeeper about $ 4 and transport, advertising (if any because only the "main" releases are done that way) etc will come to a maximum of $ 0.75 per cd, which very roughly including margin bring the price of a cd to $ 5
    that leaves $ 12 for the recording company and the artist.
    The artists usually get around 10 % of that, more for "top" and less for "starters"

    What is told to us is that sales went down dramatically after the illegal copying took of on the internet, what they fail to tell is that the 10% lower sales numbers do not account for the fact that they released 70% less titles.

    What they do not mention is the income from blank tapes, for which part of the price is made up of royalties for whatever is going to be on it, even if it is your own work.
    What they do not mention is that they get money for "airplay"; every radio station, dj, store, elevator and whatever entitiy that plays music so other people can hear it, has to pay a royalties fee.
    What they fail to mention is that the resurgence of their back catalogues, which sales they usually forget to mention to the artists, or claim that is was already paid and is "old stock", has fattened their bank accounts to obnoxious hights. which only came to live when people started downloading music.
    What they fail to mention is the number of people who download a track and buy the album, something I'm sure everyone here has done at one time or another.
    What they fail to mention is that most artists nowadays charge us through the roof for the live performances, seeing as that is the only part of their business making money.
    Consider the amount of cd's sold by U2, the amount of royalties coming in from airplay and yet most of their income comes from live performances, can you still defend that industry that is so clearly robbing everyone involved?

    I am simply amazed that not far more artists follow Eno's and Prince's example and sell their own tunes via the net, $ 2.95 for a full Prince album is a great deal imo.



    Way to go Robin Hood!
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  24. #24

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Very good post able!
    I'll add that to get an original cd or dvd legaly we must pay 18% tax (plus 3$ - 9$ shipment). So, I must pay ~20% more than americans with my salary of 350$ (i am working at university). And to get a production from inside costs even more (not to mention that there is very little original production - mostly a production with a quality ripped out because of the localisation). This is how we are encouraged to buy the legal production.
    And, btw we pay 7% authorship tax for hdd (as we will make copies there - legal and illegal ones)
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  25. #25
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: BIG NEWS OF THE DAY...NBA games on google.com for $3.95

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

    A basketball game is worth $1 tops.

    That way, you could get an entire season (including playoffs) for about $100 for 1 team. That's a price that many would pay. More popular historic games would bring in greater profits simply from increased sales.

    Four bucks is a major rip-off.

    That is a great point. If that was the case, I'd load up with games too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •