Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepare for something completely out of left field

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Prepare for something completely out of left field

With the multitude of rumors on who's going out with Ron, to who's coming to Indy, it's obvious to me that even those "in the know" are relatively clueless as to what exactly is going to happen. I look for a trade to finally happen that NONE of us are expecting. Just hope it's a really good one.

Default Re: Prepare for something completely out of left field

Expect the Unexpected?

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Expect the Unexpected?
    Well if you expect the unexpected.. does that turn it into the expected

Yes I agree though I would not be surprised for the trade to be players never mentioned

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, probably Artest to Seattle for John Petro and a future first-round pick.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Yeah, probably Artest to Seattle for John Petro and a future first-round pick.

I was thinking Artest to the Cubs for Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Well if you expect the unexpected.. does that turn it into the expected

Yes I agree though I would not be surprised for the trade to be players never mentioned

I second that though.

Maybe the Pacers, Jets, and Chiefs are working out a 3 way deal that would send Ron to the Jets, Herman Edwards to the Chiefs, and Trent Green back here to Indiana. It would work out perfectly. Ron gets to go back to New York. The Chiefs get their coach. Lastly it brings Trent Green right back here to Indiana where he went to school. This is just pure speculation on my part, but I see a huge blockbuster multi-team, multi-league deal in the Pacers future.

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    I was thinking Artest to the Cubs for Wood
    Since it was coming out of left field, I was thinking Ronnie for Manny Ramirez. Although I think the Pacers would have to throw in half of the team to make salaries match.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Now I've been saying this for at least a week, forget all the names that are passing by, they are all decoys if even that.
    Small print is oft overlooked, like the remark made by Ford in his Chat that it was easy for the Lakers to say they would not include Odom, because the P's are not interested in his contract.

Dunleavy is a similar contract so not very likely to happen, unless Larry as was pointed out elsewhere, is trying to create an all-white team.

Now what is likely are the things not mentioned (where are the All Star Players that were offered, have you heard anyone included in offers?) or that were briefly mentioned but are now silent or dismissed as "impossible"

The impossible is the most likely to occur, more likely then a lot of players going in one go. I personally don't expect to see more then 2 players go at once and if that only to make up numbers in a needed deal for a QUALITY player.

So mentioning all the West teams, Lakers gone silent, so they stand a chance, teams no mentioned at all stand a chance and Eastern teams will be in the running (at a higher cost, since it is the same conference, so a better results for the P's as well)

Murphy? I don't see why we would add Foster or Cro to any deal with GSW to obtain a player that can do little more then what we have but costs a hell of a lot more.
    Don't forget that if we really want to trade Cro (though earlier the statement came from the FO that they were no longer interested since he fills so many holes while people are injured) then he is of far more value next year when his contract expires, certainly more then trade filler as which he is mentioned now.

Logic, experience with DW and patience will tell us what will happen.

(anyone any decent inside info ? PM me, I will never reveal sources!)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we just trade the rights to retire Peyton and Marvin's jerseys to the Miami Heat for Dwayne Wade?

You know they'd do it.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Since it was coming out of left field, I was thinking Ronnie for Manny Ramirez. Although I think the Pacers would have to throw in half of the team to make salaries match.....

FINE!!!!!

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What, so Manny can demand a trade next week just as we are on a 5 game winning streak? Manny = Ron-Ron of baseball.

Imagine wakeing up in the morining and seeing this on ESPN.

Breaking News: Ron Artest has been traded for LeBron James

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Can we just trade the rights to retire Peyton and Marvin's jerseys to the Miami Heat for Dwayne Wade?

You know they'd do it.
    They will probably do it anyway

Well, I will say that if I remember right, the trades with Denver and Seattle years past came out of the blue. Yeah, more and more I'm in the camp that it'll be someone unexpected. I almost wouldn't be surprised to suddenly hear the Spurs got Ron for Barry and Oberto, or some such.

Believe it or not, the Ron trade hasn't been on my thoughts much more than a diversion on who we migt trade with, but not it's becoming a distraction for me, and i'm just a fan

I vote for the left field trade, too.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by able
    Now I've been saying this for at least a week, forget all the names that are passing by, they are all decoys if even that.
    Small print is oft overlooked, like the remark made by Ford in his Chat that it was easy for the Lakers to say they would not include Odom, because the P's are not interested in his contract.

Dunleavy is a similar contract so not very likely to happen, unless Larry as was pointed out elsewhere, is trying to create an all-white team.

Now what is likely are the things not mentioned (where are the All Star Players that were offered, have you heard anyone included in offers?) or that were briefly mentioned but are now silent or dismissed as "impossible"

The impossible is the most likely to occur, more likely then a lot of players going in one go. I personally don't expect to see more then 2 players go at once and if that only to make up numbers in a needed deal for a QUALITY player.

So mentioning all the West teams, Lakers gone silent, so they stand a chance, teams no mentioned at all stand a chance and Eastern teams will be in the running (at a higher cost, since it is the same conference, so a better results for the P's as well)

Murphy? I don't see why we would add Foster or Cro to any deal with GSW to obtain a player that can do little more then what we have but costs a hell of a lot more.
    Don't forget that if we really want to trade Cro (though earlier the statement came from the FO that they were no longer interested since he fills so many holes while people are injured) then he is of far more value next year when his contract expires, certainly more then trade filler as which he is mentioned now.

Logic, experience with DW and patience will tell us what will happen.

(anyone any decent inside info ? PM me, I will never reveal sources!)
    I totally forgot about that, because of all those rumors flying around. Your post really makes me believe again that the GW-rumor stays a rumor
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    I vote for the left field trade, too.
    Personally I was hoping for a trade out of shallow left center.

Along the same lines as this title thread who are the owners that would be willing to take the chance on Artest. The GM or team president maybe willing to play the game, but it still comes down to the owner giving his final approval.

Cuban would be one, but has stated there is no interest.
    Buss and the LAkers still seems likely.
    Maloofs are definite gamblers so to speak.

Anyone else?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Johnny Damon maybe?

I too think that they insiders don't have a clue right now.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Wink Re: Prepare for something completely out of left field

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Johnny Damon maybe?
    Looks good to me. Ron is happy because he is playing in New York and the Pacers wouldn't have to worry about facing the Yankees in the playoffs.

I do not agree with Shade's assesment. I believe all GM's are liars at this time
    and that the reported trades are mostly things that have been discussed.
    I believe you will see some combination of players mentioned involved in a
    trade. Many of the trades are reasonable and make some sense to a degree.
    Occam's razor I think applies here.

owl

My guess on a team out of left field that may land Artest is Dallas. Remember Don Nelson and Mark Cuban gambled on another questionable character and defensive monster in 2001. In his prime this player was one of the best defensive guard/forwards in the league. At the time the Mavs were up and comers with a young team in need of defensive help on the perimeter and hoping to make a playoff run...

Remember one Vernon Maxwell who, when he was with the Rockets in 1994, once swung a free weight at Carl Herrera, who needed 30 stitches to close the gash in his head. Mad Max reprised that scene during a practice in Seattle, brandishing iron against Gary Payton, who picked up a chair in self-defense. Horace Grant, who rushed in to break up the scuffle, suffered a shoulder injury in the fray.

Much like Artest impulse control was clearly not Vernon Maxwell’s specialty. Ironically (or not) in 1995 he was hit with one of the biggest fines in NBA history at the time -- $20,000 -- for going into the stands in Portland and punching out a 35-year-old home-products salesman. That same year he was arrested for allegedly waving a loaded pistol at a motorist who honked at his Porsche. And while Maxwell scored the most points in the history of the University of Florida, don’t look for him in the record books. Due to a series of shifty drug-, money-, and alcohol-related offenses, the NCAA doesn’t recognize a single basket he scored in his last two college seasons. Norm Sloan, the Gators’ coach at the time, is no fan either. Sloan still suspects that Maxwell fixed a game after his star player failed to score a single basket in the second half of a two-point loss to the University of Tennessee.

Granted, Maxwell wasn't much of a risk because he was signed as a free agent ... but he was added to a Mavs team that went on to win 53 games.

Placed in the proper context Artest doesn't look so bad at all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Johnny Damon maybe?
    We already have his twin sister. I wonder how he and Stacy Paetz would like being reunited

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Looks good to me. Ron is happy because he is playing in New York and the Pacers wouldn't have to worry about facing the Yankees in the playoffs.

I would pay to have him kidnapped to Siberia before I let him mess up another of MY teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!