Thread: Questions for the forum party....

Default Questions for the forum party....

Ok, just like last time I will try & take a list of questions submitted by you guys that can't make it to the party.

So this thread is for you, is there anything you would like to try & get the group collective thoughts on?

Now is the time to ask.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Questions for the forum party....

Where's your Golden State post?

Check to see if Unclebuck is loosing his hair.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stephen Jackson...can he "git it" or does he already/will he ever?

Trade him or keep him?

============

Is Freddie a keeper or is his real value to the Pacers to be found as trade-bait?
    If he's a keeper, will he ever be a perminent starter?

This one mainly for people who sit close enough to see the bench.....Does Harrison have an "attitude"?

Thanks....I look forward to the responses.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

1.How did you get so buff looking? Is it the workouts, the diet, or a combination? (You don't have to submit that to the full committee)
    2.Do you plan on seeing Blue Oyster Cult when they come to Chicago? and why won't they allow Stryper to open for them. Perhaps scared of being blown off the stage by a superior band?
    3.Why do the Pacer's insist on showing a rerun this year instead of new programming?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

- How is is that David Harrison is paid alot of money, yet he cannot get himself into playing shape?

- What is an honest outlook on the Pacers regular season record? Realistically, what can the Pacers do in the playoffs?

-Does this make me look fat?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -Does this make me look fat?

Answer: No, but your big butt and gut do tho!

-BBall
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I know UB's answer, but I'd like to hear the "consensus view": Does the team need a total rebuild or no? Should this be the rebuild year, or do we still have a shot at the ECFs?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

What LA said and IF we shouldn't what the **** do we do with our PG spot, it's FUBAR currently in my opinion.

Thank you .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Are the Pacers too patient? Not just in the Artest scenario right now but in the team modus operandi in general. ...historically or currently...

Assuming the Pacers are deemed "too patient", does that mean "getting over the hump" is a pipe dream? ....Or does it mean we'll eventually get our "reward" without all the "risk" of a "high risk-high reward" scenario?

Or is there something inbetween where the team will gamble but is too conservative or patient to then "cut their losses" and move on once evidence starts to mount that they've "whiffed"?

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

It's looking like I'm not going to make it, so...

In our system, what are the duties of the point guard on the floor? When Rick has multiple small guards on the floor, how do you differentiate who is running the point?

Bonus Question: If the resurrection ship is destroyed next week, how will it affect the Cylon's plans for the fleet? How would a significant reduction in raider attacks affect the Colonials in the short and medium term? Could the ship's destruction have unintended consequences for Boomer and her unborn child?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Should anybody on our roster be considered untouchable if moving them for a player or players would make us into an elite team for a title run?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the events of the past 2 seasons, what do you think the mood of the "average" sports fan is towards the Pacers in Indianapolis/Indiana? Until the past couple of seasons the Pacers were the best team in the state. Now with the Colts finally putting things together, Notre Dame raising itself from mediocrity, and IU basketball on the upswing, will the Pacers lose butts in the seats and money in other areas because of it?

In relation to that, how do we keep from becoming or are we in danger of becoming Blazers East? I know we've started the fire prevention by dumping Ron, but does anything else need to be done?

Gamble

I won't be their for the first couple of hours but my question is
    where did the happy brigade go!

MY next question is. WOuld you trade Jax for lesser talent to get him
    off the team? As well as do you think Pacer fans have given him
    a fair shake considering he hasn't had one normal season with us?

Is Joe Dumars really as good as he appears as a GM and is there any chance a Donnie Walsh managed team (or Bird if you want) can actually out maneuver him?

IOW... We've talked about trading players.... punting players... changing coaches... adding a new assistant.... But we haven't talked about a change at the VERY top. Does anyone happen to think that maybe the players are questioning management, at least in the back of their minds, and what effect this could have on chemistry (or unity)?

Or IOW part 2.... As long as Dumars has the golden touch are we SOL for a championship? Will he always out maneuver and be one step ahead (or more)? And does that weigh on our players?

-
    I'm not sure Peck will see this in time so if any of you late departees see this please make mention of it or even print it out. I didn't think about this line of thought until I saw Peck's question for the Detroit fans.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfanô
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "A", "B", or "C"?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!