Thread: Before I leave to go to the party I have a question for our Detroit fans....

Default Before I leave to go to the party I have a question for our Detroit fans....

I've been wondering this for awhile now & since your amongst friends you can feel free to answer this honestly.

With the absolute implosion of our team over the past two years do you.

A. Pity us

B. Laugh at us

C. Don't care about us

D. Relieved by this

As a side question.

Did you ever really consider the Pacers a real threat or more of an annoyance, kind of like the fly that you have to keep shooing away but doesn't really pose any danger to you?

A bonus side question.

From you point of view is there anything our franchise can do, this season, to compete with you guys.

Thanks in advance & please fellow Pacer people let them answer honestly without blowing them a bunch of crap.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Before I leave to go to the party I have a question for our Detroit fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been wondering this for awhile now & since your amongst friends you can feel free to answer this honestly.

A. Pity us

B. Laugh at us

C. Don't care about us

D. Relieved by this

As a side question.

Did you ever really consider the Pacers a real threat or more of an annoyance, kind of like the fly that you have to keep shooing away but doesn't really pose any danger to you?

A bonus side question.

From you point of view is there anything our franchise can do, this season, to compete with you guys.

Thanks in advance & please fellow Pacer people let them answer honestly without blowing them a bunch of crap.
    1)If by "us" you mean your fans. I guess I would choose C. It's not that I "don't care" but rather that, its a pretty ordinary thing for a team to not do as well as its fans expect. If you mean the team, I would say C again (and here I guess I actually don't care since I have no real emotional connection to the team), as they risked it with Artest again and they got what comes from doing so (they took a chance and it didn't work out).

2)I was always more worried about the Nets then the Pacers as the Nets actually beat us recently in the playoffs (and pretty handily) and there wasn't a playoff series vs the Pacers that got to a point where I thought the Pistons were in big trouble (losing game 5 at home to the Nets worried me more that year then any time durign the next round vs the Pacers). But thats not true for everyone as I know a good amount of my friends were equally or even more worried about the Pacers that year then the Nets. Sure I thought you guys were a threat, but more so the Nets in general I suppose.

3) It doesn't look like it based on what DW has said he wants in return for Artest. Barring the unexpected move of Jackson and Tinsley (Tinsley mostly because I just assume he'll be at least partially hurt when it counts) I wouldn't think so.

Thats just my opinion though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Before I leave to go to the party I have a question for our Detroit fans....

A. Pity us

B. Laugh at us

C. Don't care about us

D. Relieved by this

As a side question.

A bonus side question.

1) Probably a combo of A & B, leaning more towards A. This is the 2nd year in a row you (well, most of you) have had extremely high expectations only to have them slammed in your face. It's unfortunate. But I'm not a big fan of some of the players on your team, which is why I laugh sometimes too. I always felt that they thought they deserved more respect from the experts than they had earned.

2) Not really a threat. More like a wasp than a fly, who just keeps fighting and coming back. I even thought the Pacers would have a better record, and lose in the playoffs. I knew Artest would do something to screw your season up. Just didn't know when, or what.

3) Not this year. It's highly unlikely the Pacers will get enough back for Artest to help compete with this year's Piston team. The best hope is for one of the Pistons starters to get hurt, ideally Billups, Hamilton, or Prince.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A. Pity us

B. Laugh at us

C. Don't care about us

D. Relieved by this

As a side question.

A bonus side question.

1. A. Last year it would have been C, this year it's A. Maybe if I didn;t know you guys so well, it'd still be C.

2. I considered them the main threat in the east before Ron submarined his team. Now, not anymore, truthfully.

3. Short of trading Ron for a bonafide all-star small forward or center, not that I can think of. They can improve the team, but it's not a team ready to challenge for an NBA title right now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004