Thread: We literally beat up the warriors

Default We literally beat up the warriors

I really liked what I saw tonight from everyone who played. Sarunas probably was the biggest dissappointment of this game, in my book because I expect so much from him.

Three players had to leave the court due to "injury" tonight. Baron's may not be that serious, time will tell. But I like how the Pacers are playing with that kind of defensive intensity.

Stephen Jackson = Mr. Step up. The man stepped up his game last year in the playoffs and has done it this year we when have asked it of him.

I think our team needs one thing to be a contender. A defensive beast at the Center spot. Basically Ben wallace.

If we had a Ben wallace type player at center...we are a challenger.

Hopefully Donnie and Larry see this.

Sjack is a fine second option, get him a lot of shots he will produce. Yes he is streaky, but we all know he will step it up in the playoffs. We've got key bench players and I think we can make it to the ECF this year. But unless we get someone really good for Ron, we can not beat the Pistons.

But I like what I saw tonight and not just because we won. The defensive intensity was there, like it hasn't been for a while. Granger looks better every night.

This trade needs to happen fast though.

Default Re: We literally beat up the warriors

I enjoyed watching the Pacers tonight. Yes they got worse as the game went on, but

so we're not "tanking the season" anymore huh?

WE PULLED OUT A NICE WIN! ON THE ROAD..THE SECOND GAME OF A BACK TO BACK..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so we're not "tanking the season" anymore huh?
    BURN

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    I think our team needs one thing to be a contender. A defensive beast at the Center spot.
    Kwame Brown. .

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    I really liked what I saw tonight from everyone who played. Sarunas probably was the biggest dissappointment of this game, in my book because I expect so much from him.

Three players had to leave the court due to "injury" tonight. Baron's may not be that serious, time will tell. But I like how the Pacers are playing with that kind of defensive intensity.

Stephen Jackson = Mr. Step up. The man stepped up his game last year in the playoffs and has done it this year we when have asked it of him.

I think our team needs one thing to be a contender. A defensive beast at the Center spot. Basically Ben wallace.

If we had a Ben wallace type player at center...we are a challenger.

Hopefully Donnie and Larry see this.

Sjack is a fine second option, get him a lot of shots he will produce. Yes he is streaky, but we all know he will step it up in the playoffs. We've got key bench players and I think we can make it to the ECF this year. But unless we get someone really good for Ron, we can not beat the Pistons.

But I like what I saw tonight and not just because we won. The defensive intensity was there, like it hasn't been for a while. Granger looks better every night.

This trade needs to happen fast though.

This is where we will disagree.I've seen enough of Steven Jackson to know that that you will never win a title with him as your second option or go deep into the playoffs. He's just way to inconsistant and on most nights will not shoot a great percentage. Tonight he was real good and I believe carlisle used him the right way, they had him moving without the ball and working him inside the post where he can be very effective and took the ball to the basket,He wasn't settling for the outside shot, but this is Steven Jackson were talking about he'll probably go 5-20 against Sacramento and everybody will want to trade him again.

I still think Devean and Kwame is the best deal for the Pacers (for Artest). Even though neither has great offensive nights, they both are very solid defenders. Devean checked McGrady in the Houston matchup, Kwame checked Shaquille in the Miami matchup. Not soft like the GS boys. Thinking championships, might want a guy who has won three and has played in four (Devean). Devean held McGrady to 25% shooting. Kwame held Shaq to 27% shooting, and forced all six of his turnovers.

Just a thought. .

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by kept
    I still think Devean and Kwame is the best deal for the Pacers. Even though neither has great offensive nights, they both play very good defense. Devean checked McGrady in the Houston matchup, Kwame checked Shaquille in the Miami matchup. Not soft like the GS boys. Thinking championships, might want a guy who has won three and has played in four (Devean). Devean held McGrady to 25% shooting. Kwame held Shaq to 27% shooting.

Just a thought. .
    I have never seen a player build a reputation on being a good defender based on one game.

Devean George is a good defensive player but Geesh the way people are talking about Kwame would make you believe that he's a combination of the Wallace brothers on the defensive end.

I still think Devean and Kwame is the best deal for the Pacers (for Artest). Even though neither has great offensive nights, they both are very solid defenders. Devean checked McGrady in the Houston matchup, Kwame checked Shaquille in the Miami matchup. Not soft like the GS boys. Thinking championships, might want a guy who has won three and has played in four (Devean). Devean held McGrady to 25% shooting. Kwame held Shaq to 27% shooting, and forced all six of his turnovers.

Just a thought. .
    I don't understand the reluctance to move Odom. I can't imagine how Kobe, Ron, and Odom could exist in the same offense.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I don't understand the reluctance to move Odom.
    I've wanted to move Odom for Artest since day one of these rumors. .

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I don't understand the reluctance to move Odom. I can't imagine how Kobe, Ron, and Odom could exist in the same offense.
    They wouldn't be able to exist, hell on most nights Lamar Odom is invisible to begin with when Kobe has the ball and now you add Ron. Lamar is making way to much to be the 3rd wheel on that team.Like I said in a previous thread I guess they are content on paying him 12 million just to rebound because he's not touching the ball if a trade takes place with the lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    I have never seen a player build a reputation on being a good defender based on one game.
    Kwame hasn't just held Shaq to poor shooting. He's done this to Garnett, Gasol and Brand. Just to name a few. Kwame makes his opponent work for every basket he scores in the post. Sort of like Ben Wallace.

See Devean and Kwame work together on this dunk: http://rapidshare.de/files/10028535/...mphis.avi.html

Diesel_81

Kwame hasn't just held Shaq to poor shooting. He's done this to Garnett, Gasol and Brand. Just to name a few. Kwame makes his opponent work for every basket he scores in the post. Sort of like Ben Wallace.

See Devean and Kwame work together on this dunk: http://rapidshare.de/files/10028535/...mphis.avi.html
    Yet the man can beat out Chris Mihm as the starter and it looks like Brian Cook is starting to take his minutes away. By the way I have never doubted his skill but in my opinion he just doesn't have it all together up there and that scares me.I question whether he wants to be a great player. He's just way to big of a risk if he's the center piece for Ron Artest.