Thread: SI NBA Rumors (01/05)

Default SI NBA Rumors (01/05)

YEAH SPECULATION!!
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nba/index.html

"Celtics GM Danny Ainge, in his weekly radio appearance on WEEI, hinted Indiana's price for Ron Artest might well be Paul Pierce. -- Boston Globe

The Indiana Pacers want Wally Szczerbiak for Ron Artest, but the Timberwolves have said no thanks. Dialogue between the two teams continues. -- St. Paul Pioneer Press"

-J

Sports Logo

Default Re: SI NBA Rumors (01/05)

The only reason I don't want to trade for Pierce is cuz I don't want to be on the other end of a "Artest shuts down Pierce during the playoffs" playoff game.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only reason I don't want to trade for Pierce is cuz I don't want to be on the other end of a "Artest shuts down Pierce during the playoffs" playoff game.

Well if we are it would have to be during the finals. I'd risk that. RA can't take the stress of the finals.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Phil

I never liked Paul Pierce because he lit us up, but I'd change my tune in a heartbeat if he came to the team.

I wonder if Ainge was just being sarcastic or if that means he even considered such a deal.

-Phil

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    I have heard for the longest time that Wally was a no go, but Doug in OH asked me for a link last night and I couldnt find one.

Here it is, Doug

As for the boston rumor, I may be the only one here who doesnt like PP, but I want nothing to do with that guy
    Thanks - not what I heard... but I was apparantly WRONG... so very very wrong
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

WarriorsGuy81

I may be the only one here who doesnt like PP, but I want nothing to do with that guy
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I dont think the Celtics have any shot at the playoff this year, so you'd need not worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Well if we are it would have to be during the finals. I'd risk that. RA can't take the stress of the finals.
    If it was just a two team trade Artest would go to Boston who play in the eastern conference.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    celtics/pacers always meet in the first round far from the finals. would boston dare build a team around artest, not likley.
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

I've thought a three team trade where we send Ron and Foster to Golden State, GS sends Murphy and Pietrus to Boston, and we get Pierce would be a good deal all around.

I checked that trade out a couple days ago, I don't really remember, but I think it takes some throw ins though.

Harmonica

DW and LB both like Pierce...a lot. Tried to wrangle him from Boston the summer after the ECFs using Ron. I'd do back flips if we got Pierce.

I have heard for the longest time that Wally was a no go, but Doug in OH asked me for a link last night and I couldnt find one.

Here it is, Doug

As for the boston rumor, I may be the only one here who doesnt like PP, but I want nothing to do with that guy

I'd take Pierce before I took wally, and it's not about talent.