Thread: ESPN Chad Ford chat: trade talk

Default ESPN Chad Ford chat: trade talk

Chad Ford is conducting an ESPN Insider chat at Noon EST today (in 15 minutes). Anyone with Insider access able to post any Pacers-related comments here?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10351
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Default Re: ESPN Chad Ford chat: trade talk

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chad Ford is conducting an ESPN Insider chat at Noon EST today (in 15 minutes). Anyone with Insider access able to post any Pacers-related comments here?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10351

UB????

Chad Ford: (12:04 PM ET ) Hey everyone. Thanks for coming. Is Ron Artest ever going to dealt or anyone else for that matter? Also we'll break down what's going on with the NBA draft. Let's roll ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    baron (golden state): will i have the tru warrier as a teammate after today?

Chad Ford: (12:08 PM ET ) Maybe. The Ron Artest saga has gone on for a long time. The Pacers are right to be patient and wait for the right deal. The worst thing they could've done is rushed to make a bad deal. I've been writing for nearly a month that the Warriors are the best trading partner for Artest. They have players that Pacers want (Ike Diogu, Mickael Pietrus and perhaps Mike Dunleavy ... though I think that Troy Murphy won't be involved because his contract is too large for the Pacers liking) and the Warriors need Artest if they're going to get serious about being a contender. They are terrible defensively and Artest would provide a huge boost if he stays in control. So, for all of us that like good trades, we're hoping that the Pacers will deal him after they play tonight. Still, and I think we all hate to admit this, it's just speculation at this point. The Pacers have done a good job keeping things close to the vest.

TheGame

Chad Ford: (12:08 PM ET ) Maybe. The Ron Artest saga has gone on for a long time. The Pacers are right to be patient and wait for the right deal. The worst thing they could've done is rushed to make a bad deal. I've been writing for nearly a month that the Warriors are the best trading partner for Artest. They have players that Pacers want (Ike Diogu, Mickael Pietrus and perhaps Mike Dunleavy ... though I think that Troy Murphy won't be involved because his contract is too large for the Pacers liking) and the Warriors need Artest if they're going to get serious about being a contender. They are terrible defensively and Artest would provide a huge boost if he stays in control. So, for all of us that like good trades, we're hoping that the Pacers will deal him after they play tonight. Still, and I think we all hate to admit this, it's just speculation at this point. The Pacers have done a good job keeping things close to the vest.

lol. beat cha.

Mike (Denver): If Denver doesn't end up getting Artest, as it sounds like they are out of it, where do you see Watson, Nene, and Lenard going and for who?

Chad Ford: (12:15 PM ET ) I'm not sure they're out of it ... but to make something happen, they would have to put together a four or five team trade which is very difficult to do. One such scenario that could get the Pacers on board? A five way deal with Indiana, Denver, Memphis, Seattle and Atlanta that sent Artest, Anthony Johnson and Vitaly Potapenko to Denver, Earl Watson, Bryan Russell and Samaki Walker to Memphis, Nene to Atlanta, Fred Jones to Seattle and Mike Miller and Flip Murray to Indiana. That deal allows Indiana to get a good player for Artest and allows them to clear enough cap room to get under the luxury tax threshold this season. If Denver can't pull it off ... they may be able to do a Watson for Flip Murray swap.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Mike (Denver): If Denver doesn't end up getting Artest, as it sounds like they are out of it, where do you see Watson, Nene, and Lenard going and for who?

Chad Ford: (12:15 PM ET ) I'm not sure they're out of it ... but to make something happen, they would have to put together a four or five team trade which is very difficult to do. One such scenario that could get the Pacers on board? A five way deal with Indiana, Denver, Memphis, Seattle and Atlanta that sent Artest, Anthony Johnson and Vitaly Potapenko to Denver, Earl Watson, Bryan Russell and Samaki Walker to Memphis, Nene to Atlanta, Fred Jones to Seattle and Mike Miller and Flip Murray to Indiana. That deal allows Indiana to get a good player for Artest and allows them to clear enough cap room to get under the luxury tax threshold this season. If Denver can't pull it off ... they may be able to do a Watson for Flip Murray swap.
    Ewww!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

The only part that I don't like is the suggestion that DunDunJr maybe involved. From what I have read in many of the Warriors forums.....he has been sucking it up bad lately. His contract...although it may not be as bad as Murphy's is big enough to cause some concern IF Walsh is truly looking to stay away from $$$$ contracts.

If this Warrior's rumor is legit....then I would much rather have Murphy over DunDunJr. Murphy is a stable....if not consistent...Big Man.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

"Majeed (San Diego, CA): Are the Lakers still in the Artest sweepstakes? Why don't they just give up Odom for Artest and change to make it work salary wise?

Chad Ford: (12:27 PM ET ) Wanted to talk about Odom for a second because I'm not sure I believe all of this talk that Odom is untouchable. It's easy to say that when you're sure that the Pacers don't want him in an Artest swap (they like him but don't want to swallow his salary). I think there are other scenarios out there that could compel the Lakers to trade him ... like a possible Odom for Peja Stojakovic and Kenny Thomas swap. The Lakers need multiple pieces but are hamstrung in what they can do which I think opens the door to Odom trade. Personally, and this is just me talking, I wouldn't trade him. I think he's one of the more underrated players in the league -- an unselfish player who can do just about everything on the floor and is willing to. But I know that not everyone on the Lakers sees it that way"

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    The only part that I don't like is the suggestion that DunDunJr maybe involved. From what I have read in many of the Warriors forums.....he has been sucking it up bad lately. His contract...although it may not be as bad as Murphy's is big enough to cause some concern IF Walsh is truly looking to stay away from $$$$ contracts.

If this Warrior's rumor is legit....then I would much rather have Murphy over DunDunJr. Murphy is a stable....if not consistent...Big Man.
    Absolutely!

I dont like having Fred go to Seattle and all we get is Mike and Flip .

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL

Ronnie, Freddie AND AJ btw. I agree that would be beyond horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    I don't like that we give up Artesticle, AJ, Fred, and Samaki and all we get back is Mike and Flip.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Chad Ford: (12:04 PM ET ) Hey everyone. Thanks for coming. Is Ron Artest ever going to dealt or anyone else for that matter? Also we'll break down what's going on with the NBA draft. Let's roll ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Walsh has managed to keep everyone in the dark. All we have to speculate on is what other GMs let slip as to what they've offered, or what they've heard other teams have offered. No one really knows what DW is going to do. We can only hope it doesn't take much longer, but I think there's some truth to the notion that deals get better as the deadline approaches and teams start to get desperate. This may not get resolved for another few weeks...

That's one of the most ridculous, convoluted trade ideas I've seen in a long time. Does Chad Ford just play with RealGM all day?

I'd wager that if we really wanted Miller and Flip Murray, we could trade for them separately by only parting with Artest and Johnson.

Yeah, giving up 4 guys, getting two back and especially now when Fred's continuing to do well as I predicted but AJ and Smaki..I really wouldnt mind putting into the trade with Ron.