Thread: Chicago Tribune} Sam Smith weighs in on the Artest Watch

Default Chicago Tribune} Sam Smith weighs in on the Artest Watch

Sam Smith
    January 2, 2006

The Artest watch
    No one quite knows where Ron Artest will end up, including the Indiana Pacers. It hasn't expedited the process that Atlanta won a few games and doesn't seem to want to deal Al Harrington. Plus players who were being discussed, like Sacramento's Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Peja Stojakovic, have been hurt. With Marcus Camby out indefinitely after hand surgery, the Nuggets might not have enough to make a major deal. The latest is that Denver could trade Earl Watson to Seattle for shooting guard Ronald Murray.

Golden State, the league's poorest defensive team for weeks, still seems like a team in need of Artest's services with Baron Davis and Jason Richardson firing away without regard on three-pointers. Though he is a favorite of general manager Chris Mullin, Mike Dunleavy Jr. remains under verbal assault from Bay Area fans. He finally exploded last week, gesturing to and condemning fans. Mullin may feel forced to go with a defensive stopper like Artest to salvage the season. Dunleavy could be a good fit for the team-oriented Pacers, though they could be reluctant to take on his big contract. The deal likely would be expanded to include Adonal Foyle and perhaps Jeff Foster or Austin Croshere.

And with the Lakers in the running, wouldn't you like to see Artest with Bryant? That's one teammate Bryant wouldn't intimidate.
    Artest, Part II

The most interesting part of comments from Bird, the Pacers' general manager, about Artest was Bird's revelation of a preseason meeting when the players asked to remain together. "They thought this was their year as a team," Bird said. "Stephen [Jackson ], Ronnie and Jermaine [O'Neal] came up to me and asked if I would keep them together for one more year and see how it goes. I was behind it 100 percent." Sounds like everyone will soon be available. O'Neal for Garnett next summer? Chris Bosh?

There I go again. But here was Garnett to the St. Paul Pioneer Press last week when asked about the team trading for Artest: "It doesn't matter what I think half the time. They're going to do it (trade for Artest), or they're not going to do it. I have no choice. I don't make decisions around here. I guess I've just got to live with it till the summer gets here."
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ck=1&cset=true

Don't think this was posted

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Chicago Tribune} Sam Smith weighs in on the Artest Watch

lol WTF? He says the Pacers would be reluctant to take on Dunleavy's contract and then he goes and says a guy with even a worse contract in Foyle would need to be included. I would rather just cut Ron and let him sign where ever he wants instead of paying those 2 bums that much money.

Nice Find, are you subscribed to the Tibetan sports Daily as well by any chance? I hear they have a great basketball sports writer, Just kidding Frankie, I love ya…

One more year eh.. Well that didn’t happen…. Of all the players we can have, I decided I just wants Picks and Cash, I don’t wanna screw with our current team, everyone in the league is over paid…..as much as Artest sucks he’s contract is awesome value and where else in the league can you find that apart from Rookies…

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol WTF? He says the Pacers would be reluctant to take on Dunleavy's contract and then he goes and says a guy with even a worse contract in Foyle would need to be included. I would rather just cut Ron and let him sign where ever he wants instead of paying those 2 bums that much money.
    yeah allot of sport writers are very clueless... Sometimes I wonder if they just grab a randam fan off the street to write these rumors...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Dunleavy can fit, but I can't stand Foyle. The fact that I have to see him on the news highlights around here when they talk about the Warriors just drives me crazy. I met the dude in person, well actually I just said "hi" to him when I saw him at a club one night (yes, Foyle goes clubbin), and didn't try to shake his hand, ask for an autograph or anything, just a simple "hi" and he rolled his eyes and turned away. WTF did I do? I can't stand snooty people. Sorry...

Funny how he makes no mention of his screw-up two weeks ago telling anyone who would listen the deal would be done by that weekend.