Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with your logic.

But can anyone substantiate the poster's report of hearing Mullin say this on NYC radio?
    I know, only one person supposedly heard this...>>
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Someone posted the possibility of Mullin playing along as a favor to Donnie. After reading this that just might be true.

http://fsnbayarea.com/wn11022005.jsp

Mullin has acknowledged that he learned quite a bit from Pacers CEO and president Donnie Walsh while he played three years for Indiana late in his playing career. Walsh, one of the true class acts in the NBA, believes in locking up young players to long-term contracts, then allowing that talent to improve and chemistry to develop over the course of those deals.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo

All this talk about Bynum being the "sticking point" brings up a valid question on my part.....can anyone give me any info on the kid other then the fact that he is a 19+ year old 7 footer with the body of a NBA ready player?

Any word on his skills, how he is developing? I haven't seen him play...or even know if he has played at all in the NBA. Anything would be helpful....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

My concern is that this Mulln/Walsh ploy is a way for the Pacers to drag this on longer with the Lakers to try to get Bynum+filler in exchange for Artest.

If any deal that came along before would have made any sense.....then it would have happened. If we don't get an announcement about the Pacers/Warriors deal by Friday....then I am more inclined to believe that Walsh is trying to bleed the Lakers dry in any Artest deal.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who the heck is this ND Pacer guy??? Why doesn't he post around here some? Not being mean spirited, quite the contrary, he writes very clearly and with a great deal of apparent understanding. If nothing else he has a managers understanding of forward thinking and negotiation.
    After reading his tomes I'm more convinced than ever that DW/LB are playing the waiting game and we shall hear nothing until the deadline and they are fine with that.

Meanwhile I feel like the windsock left dangling on the flagpole.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Geezer, you are right about the ndpacer fellow. Extremely well thought out
    posts with LOGIC :0. Could this fellow be a Walsh plant? More mis-direction and mis-information? Something to think about. I gotta run, there are
    helicoptors over my house.

ps I have always felt the Pacers were shooting for a high draft pick(Bynum?)
    and a cast off for cap relief.

owl

Bynum has a knack for blocking shots and grabbing boards - has good size but needs a year in the gym to build up his strength. Remember he just turned 18!

He has a lot of the right ideas offensively but hasn't been able to put it together on the floor yet.

He does make an impact already defensively - the Lakers are much harder to score on in the paint - but that's more as a help defender - he hasn't been proven against guys like Shaq or Duncan, etc (no opportunity yet).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    Geezer, you are right about the ndpacer fellow. Extremely well thought out
    posts with LOGIC :0. Could this fellow be a Walsh plant? More mis-direction and mis-information? Something to think about. I gotta run, there are
    helicoptors over my house.

ps I have always felt the Pacers were shooting for a high draft pick(Bynum?)
    and a cast off for cap relief.

owl
    I had had the very same thought without the helicopters. Mine are snipers...we get em alot up here on Ruby Ridge.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    Bynum has a knack for blocking shots and grabbing boards - has good size but needs a year in the gym to build up his strength. Remember he just turned 18!

He has a lot of the right ideas offensively but hasn't been able to put it together on the floor yet.

He does make an impact already defensively - the Lakers are much harder to score on in the paint - but that's more as a help defender - he hasn't been proven against guys like Shaq or Duncan, etc (no opportunity yet).

hmmm sounds like the Anti-Bender. How're his knees?

Thanks for the report there Eric.

Sports Logo

I read through all the posts from ND....we're assuming that this is a Pacer fan....if he's posting on ClubLakers....I would guess that he's a Laker fan...who knows.

Either way...you're right....this guy/gal makes total sense. He/She paints a bigger picture that suggests that what Walsh is truly looking for is a complete rebuild from the top down around JONeal, Sarunas and Granger ( I suppose ) starting with Artest deal and possibly ending up in major trades afterwards.

extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus

Phil must give him some minutes

Here's my take on Bynum:

http://www.clublakers.com/wordpress/index.php?cat=13

I watched him at every Summer Pro League game in Long Beach, CA. If you scroll down to the bottom, you'll find more articles under "Previous Entries."

SINCE then, he's shown great development in the limited minutes he's gotten. He's not getting lost as he would do sometimes before, he's rebounding much better, and his post game has started to progess.

He's added a jump-hook into his arsenal ... he doesn't score with consistency, but you can see the talent is there. He's got a nice soft touch and for the most part, his form is solid for his age ... all it takes is just practice and experience.

In addition, he's been able to make his defensive presence felt on the floor. Early in the year, he was leading rookies in Blocks per 48 mins. He's not exactly an enforcer yet and still makes rookie mistakes -- expected with an 18 year old.

He can't officially be considered a solid role player yet, but his potential is limitless; he's shown great improvement since working with Kareem.

So you do roll the dice with him by having him on your team.

Eric knows what he's talking about too, he's been at Laker practice and is a regular at the SPL as well. I second his assessment.

(She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) Yeah ... yeah ...
    (She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) That's the one for me.

-Ron Artest making great music that I will always remember.

The more silence around a possible trade with the Lakers, the more likely it is to occur.

You have the pieces, you want him, yet no one speculates anymore or has whispers of it, doesn't that make you think ?

Walsh' signature is like that, silence means talks, rumours mean there's nothing there
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (More made up crap)

Update from our 'friend' Wade Is God (the poster I brought up on the very first post in this thread):

I'd like to give a shout out to all my peeps over at PacersDigest. Love the 8 page thread over there regarding what I heard on the radio. Rumors From ClubLakers.com man10

This Naptown Seth guy got the entire Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster rumor started, and idiot journalists picked up on it and tried to pass it off as coming from legit sources *cough*RicBucher*cough*
    Naptown Seth strikes again.

Just goes to show you how little truth there is out there, and how even the most "professional" of journalists have nex to no idea wtf they're talking about. mhihi
    I can confirm that everything I've said was 100% made up for my own enjoyment.

I'm pretty sure the majority of the Golden State rumors came from my post like 5 or or days ago with a list of made-up offers the Pacers had recieved, One of the offers I said was Pietrus/Murphy for Artest/Foster.

It was made up. 95% of the Warriors talk is made up.

Now other people making [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] up please come forward, and maybe everything can be sorted out.
    Anyone still think at least someone in the media DOESN'T read Pacers Digest?

(Sidenote to Jose: Guess we can drop it; it's already proven)

Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

I was just wondering if this kind of crap was the source of all the rumours we've been hearing lately. Forget speculation from now on, no one has a clue whats happenin.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I was just wondering if this kind of crap was the source of all the rumours we've been hearing lately. Forget speculation from now on, no one has a clue whats happenin.
    Only DW + LB knows... sit back and relax, this can be awhile

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    Ok, so who in the media follows PD?

Is it Stephen A Smith?
    Mark Boyle!!!

I still have confidence in the veracity of NDPacers' posts at ClubLakers. Not sure why he as a Pacers fan is posting at a Lakers forum, but his comments seem well thought out - if not based on insider connections - and he doesn't push trade rumors.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    I still have confidence in the veracity of NDPacers' posts at ClubLakers. Not sure why he as a Pacers fan is posting at a Lakers forum, but his comments seem well thought out - if not based on insider connections - and he doesn't push trade rumors.
    i can agree with that