Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 194

Thread: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

  1. #101
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    IF this goes down, this will most likely be the depth chart:

    C - JO/Hulk/Pollard/Walker
    PF - Murphy/Cro
    SF - Jack/Granger
    SG - Pietrus/Freddie
    PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

    Btw, when the hell will Bender announce his retirement so we can pick up another FA or something?

  2. #102
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very much ok with it, except if JO indeed would have to play C fulltime, but Rommie made a good point about his salary. On the other hand compared to the Odom deal we also get a second decent player with, some will hate this one, "potential" in Pietrus which changes the situation a bit. This would mean Freddie not getting extended and we would have to make some more moves maybe to not EXPLODE over the cap.

    Did anyone try this on REALGM btw?

    Regards,

    Mourning
    If think Fred would be re-signed. If Pietrus is brought in, I have a feeling Jax might be leaving eventually.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #103
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If think Fred would be re-signed. If Pietrus is brought in, I have a feeling Jax might be leaving eventually.
    Maybe, for some reason I think the Tinman might be the odd man out soon though, maybe they will be packaged together?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  4. #104
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Btw, when the hell will Bender announce his retirement so we can pick up another FA or something?
    Assuming we trade Ron before the deadline, after the dust has settled post-trade. Or after the deadline if Ron's still "here".

  5. #105
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe, for some reason I think the Tinman might be the odd man out soon though, maythe they will be packaged?
    It wouldn't surprise me. Tinsley is just injured too much.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  6. #106
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Murphy makes alot of money but you know what I consider him a starting caliber powerforward who's a tremendous rebounder and will score 14-15 a game but the wildcard here is Pietrus who has all star talent written all over him. I would rather have Diagu because of his contract and potential but I can't complain. This is probably the best deal we were going to get and gives us pieces to start retooling again.

  7. #107
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone is giving the damned company line (see todays Q and A over at IS) of "Bender needing to take his time" and while that may be true, personally I think he is being offered as part of a package, or at least the Pacers are trying to make that happen.

    So it wouldnt surprise me if he announces right after a trade, assuming he isnt a part of it.
    I agree....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  8. #108
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Yup, VA sounds pretty plausible with regards to what you wrote about Bender.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  9. #109
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murphy makes alot of money but you know what I consider him a starting caliber powerforward who's a tremendous rebounder and will score 14-15 a game but the wildcard here is Pietrus who has all star talent written all over him. I would rather have Diagu because of his contract and potential but I can't complain. This is probably the best deal we were going to get and gives us pieces to start retooling again.
    It would also make us 2-3 deep at every position.

    I assume Pietrus would start at the 2?

  10. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    How much more time does Bender need to think about it? He has had the last 2 years

  11. #111
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    VA





    HARD!!! We need a "seeying stars"-smilie overhere .

    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  12. #112
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would also make us 2-3 deep at every position.

    I assume Pietrus would start at the 2?
    I would think Pietrus stats at the two and Granger at the three. That would be an excellent defensive combo on the wing and very athletic.

  13. #113
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would think Pietrus stats at the two and Granger at the three. That would be an excellent defensive combo on the wing and very athletic.
    Which leaves Jack...?

  14. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which leaves Jack...?
    Hopfully next on the way out list..,

  15. #115
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Stephen starts at SF and moves to SG once Danny comes in, moving Pietrus to the bench. This is Carlisle here, so Danny won't probably be playing more then say about 15-20 minutes and is unlikely to start many games.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #116
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopfully next on the way out list..,
    Just what I was thinking. Actually I would love for him to come off the bench and become our 6th man. I think that would be an excellent role for him, of course he probably won't settle for that and if thats the case then we have to move him.

  17. #117
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Sarunas/Pietrus/Granger/O'Neal/Harrison

    I would like that lineup. Only problem is that there is no second scorer. Bunch of decent scorers and one great scorer. Dunno if that would work.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  18. #118
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Actually, in retrospect, Indy-Dave has been just as accurate, if not more so, than Emplay and Lionel...especially as it relates to the Pacers.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the Murphy & Pietrus FOR Artest & Foster swap is real.

    It'll be deja vu for Mitch all over again; Mullin will have stolen yet another hot prospect away from Mitch's grasp.

    If this is true, Mitch will be heretofore known as Mullin's B*tch Kupchack.

    Here is the response from the post from Wade , referencing this is very similar to another poster Indy Dave who has been reliable in the past..

    also the link below is post that Indy Dave posted prior to this outlining what he thought was going to happen..

    http://www.clublakers.com/forums/vie...asc&start=3930

    Why Not Us ?


  19. #119
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Indy Dave = diamonddave00, in case there was any confusion on that.

  20. #120
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank, put the bold tags inside of your quote
    Ah shoot caught with my tags sticking out

    Why Not Us ?


  21. #121
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,670

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    I'm listening to www.KNBR680.com with Rick Barry and Rod Brooks and they are talking briefly about Artest and the Warriors. Nothing much though...and nothing about the rumored trade of Foster/Artest for Murphy/Pietrus though.

    The Contra Costa reporter ( Marcus Thompson? ) brings up that no player on the Warriors has any concerns about playing with Artest.....everything he has heard is simply rumor......mainly talking at what Artest brings to the team. From a Player perspective....the Warriors teammates could overlook his past if they can simply win. This doesn't really tell us anything other then the fact that concerns about a player's past is a concern...but it won't mean much if they start winning.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #122
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    [PAGE 365]

    IndyDave: IF the Warriors offer Murphy, Pietrus and Biedrins and a pick for Artest, Foster and Harrison , pretty good chance Ron's in the Bat Area soon.

    Murphy would provide scoring and rebounding that we need. Pietrus is a young swingman who can play defense . Biedrins is very very young but has good upside and Warriors pick would be better than the Heat's.

    People over emphasize the Pacers need for cap relief Pollard, Miller and Bender's contracts come off this summer thats 19 mil. They are 30+ over the cap so unless they dump 20 million more they can't be a player in free agency away.

    After next season Croshere's 9 million comes off.

    An though people say NENE is a greater risk than Kwame Brown , NENE'S low salary means something else comes with him . Plus since Nene only signed the qualifying offer , if he is traded to the Pacers they get his Bird rights meaning they can match any offer or do a sign and trade he is a restricted free agent.

    The plus side for the Lakers is every good game Brian Cook has it makes him more attractive to Bird and Walsh. George likes serve only if Croshere is tossed into the deal , so the Pacers can save paying his 9 mil salary next season while letting George's 5+ mil come off the books.

    I think Walsh is still not making a move till after the West coast trip that end Jan. 9th in LA , unless the Pacers lose a couple more in a row.

    Since Walsh has ownership permission to sitr Artest all season, he is under no real pressure to take crap. If Artest gets to mouthy you suspend him. The Pacers are not a challenger now so making the playoffs is the goal even struggling they atre still the 6th seed currently.

    We know the NENE and filler offer is legit so who knows.

    Sky: Jonez - Indy Dave has some inside connects, but he's also a homer. That Warrior trade idea is pure crack pipe. The word from Oakland is Mullin thinks Artest is too risky to part with any of his young core and is working on deadline deals for an impact big.

    D Nice - We'll find out, but my gut is Odom will not be offered.

    IndyDave: Crack pipe huh?
    Okay reason why Murphy is tradable large contract and Ike Diogu's play of late.

    Pietrus is who the Pacers want as a swingman defender. Biedrins has been offered from the beginning ask any Warrior fan they will tell you as soon as Artest became available the Warriors stopped playing Biedrins even tho he'd played well in limited minutes before that.

    Foster , Artest and Harrison would go to the Warriors IF LATEST TALK IS CORRECT , Murphy , Pietrus , Biedins or a #1 and trade exemption comes to Indy. If Biedrins stays in Bay area Harrison stays in Indy for now.

    Acquiring Murphy's scoring may then mean Stephen Jackson will be shopped next with Harrison

    Sky: Indy Dave - Yes, crack pipe. Mullin is working on packaging Murphy, but for bigger fish than this. Pietrus would be in a Warrior offer since they can no longer afford to re-sign him. Biedrins is a possibility if they get Harrison back. But Pietrus, Biedrins AND Murphy? No.

    Again I've heard from the inside that Mullin is after a big at the deadline and that he wants to use Murphy to get it. Also heard that Mullin is not willing to give up young core for Artest. Warrior fans hate Dunleavy with such a passion they'll give up anything but Diogu and the backcourt to do it, doesn't mean Mullin is.

    If Indy is as focused on cost reduction as you claim, they'd want the Warrior trade X and Philly #1 for Foster in one deal, with Pietrus, Biedrins and Cheaney for Artest and Harrison in another. That I could believe. Murphy, Pietrus, Biedrins and a #1 for Artest, Foster and Harrison I cannot.

    Sky: Final offers were reportedly due this morning, with a final decision made within the next few days.


    Last edited by jminges on Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Might aswell quote the whole post from ClubLakers .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  23. #123
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Anyone else fidgiting back and forth mentally between "I think this is it" and "I'm a sucker; this is fake"? I'll give it until 7, but if nothing's said by 6 I'll have unofficially given it up.

  24. #124
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else fidgiting back and forth mentally between "I think this is it" and "I'm a sucker; this is fake"? I'll give it until 7, but if nothing's said by 6 I'll have unofficially given it up.
    Yeah guarded optimism is the word of the hour.. no word on any other site,, including Pacers. Com or Indystar about a press conference...not that there would have to be...

    Why Not Us ?


  25. #125
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,670

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    I keep on hearing about "final offers due this morning" which I am guessing that it means that Walsh has set a deadline for anyone to offer any deals ( kind of like when you can hand in a book report at school....which is wierd ).

    Can someone elaborate on this? I haven't heard anything official from Walsh about this...or even if its speculation.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •