Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

Lakers: Odom and George for Artest and Croshere
    Sign me up. Odom and JO at the 4-5? Only Detroit would have a better 4-5 combination in the league that I can think of.

Warriors: Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster
    I wouldn't mind this deal. Pietrus is a good talent and Murphy has a nice face up and rebounding game.

Nuggets: Nene and Watson for Artest
    I would pass.

Wolves: Olowokandi, Griffin, and McCants for Artest and Fred Jones
    Not a terriable deal. Olowokandi is expiering, Griffin can play solid, and McCants is a good talent but I would defentily perfere some of these others offers if this is true.

Clippers: Wilcox, Rebraca, and Kaman for Artest and Foster
    This isn't a great deal for us. Wilcox probably won't amount to anything in this league other than a bust, Rebraca has the heart of a 65 year old man, and Kaman is a nice talent but the only nice piece we get in the deal.

Wizards: Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for Artest
    I've always like Caron and I think he would be a nice addition to the deal. Chucky I could care less about.

Grizzlies: Brian Cardinal and Shane Battier for Artest and Sarunas Jasikevicius
    No way. I liek Cardinal and Battier but not at the expense of Sarunas but hell Rick isn't playing Sarunas much anyways so what makes the diffrence?

Nets: Jefferson and Linton Johnson for Artest and Foster
    Not sending Artest out West but I can care less if we are getting RJ in the deal. I would have a hard time picking between RJ and Odom.

Lakers wont be getting Ron then

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to believe Rockets gave Nets Jefferson , Collins and a 3rd #1 on draft day for Griffin.
    That's just the Rockets doing what the Rockets do.

Here's how thier latest gem of a trade is working out so far:

05-06 PPG RPG APG SPG BLG FG% FT% 3P% MPG G GS
    R. Alston 7.3 3.9 3.9 .78 .56 .338 .727 .267 31.8 9 9
    M. James 15.4 3.1 4.5 .66 .00 .444 .815 .404 33.9 29 29

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

VAPACERSFAN- Bingo the real sources most people have are exactly how you described them. Thats why any rumor from the last 10 days is guess work.

Donnie went dark( cut off all leaks ) about 10 days ago . When a trade gets to serious stage he does this. Its not unusual for Donnie to mention trade thoughts or ideas early in talks.

Anything since even with a source has to have come from other teams . From what I was told early cap relief would be nice but not a key , some reports seem to far over emphasize that factor. If he could move Austin and get an expiring contract and not hurt the team he'd do it. But its not the trade breaker.

I reviewed the list of trades listed here and they all fit capwise , but that all they fit. Telling me they are made up by someone using REALGM.COM trade checker . The Nets, Clippers and Grizzlies ones scream of it.

Clippers trade both center for Foster and Artest??

I do know Odom has been a personal fav of theirs but I got conflicting info on if he was even offered at anytime. Even tho Vescey is a throw it against the wall columnist covering the nba trade scene , he does have connections inside the Pacers. I buy his comments about Kobe/Odom scrape being more than Lakers are letting on , but I'm not sure its bad enough that Odom was offered.

Hopefully Donnie makes a move soon but I'd guess the rumor starter on this one at ClubLakers is a little off on the offers and the time frame.

If the Lakers don't get Artest because they don't give up Odom - fair enough.

I spoke with the beat reporters who were there and said the Vecsey is a "f'ng liar." They spoke to Odom outside of the bus - there was no security, etc. To be honest - the one reporter who slammed Vecsey the hardest has been very hard on Kobe and is a big Shaq supporter. He'd be the first to pile on Kobe if warrented.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    Yeah - that's a load of bunk - Can't trade Caron (poison pill with an extension that hasn't kicked in) - No way the Clippers trade Kaman (I have that from a Clipper exec - no one in the core - period which leaves just Wilcox) - Lakers haven't offered Odom.
    Things change hourly in trade negotiations... so just b/c they said they haven't/won't trade him last week means ABSOLUTLY NOTHING NOW... so unless you've heard from your very close reliable Lakers sources within the last hour or two, I'm not going to even consider to believe you... Things change, you can't hold onto old news and hold it as gospel when it comes to this sort of negotiating...

Also anyone remember Donnie saying Rose wouldn't be traded right before he traded him? So there again, another lesson, you can't put 100% trust in what GM's say b/c they are playing their own game called- negotiation... They will say and do anything to help their team to position themselves for trades...>>
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Eric ,
    I'll buy that Vescey embellished the story . But I'm not buying 100% nothing happened , we all know tempers explode at times but we also know teammate quickly forget heat of moment arguments. As I stated above hearsay can get out of hand. A reporter from a smaller paper sees part of it and relays it to Vescey. Vescey then based on the insider goes with it. Vescey is not popular with beatwriters not hard to see one calling him a f'ing liar even if he is closer to the truth than the beatwriter will report.

Eric , just my view on it. Like I said doubt it would be extreme enough regardless since I believe Lamar and Kobe cooled off quickly and let it go.

Dave - they're saying that there were words in a basketball context - but nothing like what Vecsey said. And they were physically there. I'm sure there's more to it - but I know from being in the locker room with the guys that what was written a MAJOR exaggeration. Not that it's all hugs, candy and milkshakes in the Laker locker room.

As far as the Lakers changing their mind on Odom - certainly possible - but what was said - the way it was said - and by whom it was said by - I just have to stick by the belief that the Lakers won't cave on Odom. If that means losing Artest - that's probably what will happen.

Mood

Eric , no problem dude, I agree unlikely. But as I said on the other tread we both know that even people in positions of power are never 100% truthful with ANY reporter.

I agree very unlikely , I"ll still not be suprised to see Artest end up somewhere that no one has mentioned. A suprise team could well swoop in and give the best offer.

No one will know until a trade is announced.

Phil

I can't imagine that New Jersey would give up Richard Jefferson, but wouldn't that offer-- if true-- skyrocket to the top of the charts?

I think most of those (short of the one with Sarunas involved) look decent. I'd rather NOT give up Fred Jones, but if McCants can get his head on straight, he has more raw talent.

The LA trade looks good.
    The NJ one looks really, really good IMHO (though it's so left field it seems impossible)
    The Wiz one is decent (isn't Butler's contract wild, though?)
    The Griz one would be if not for Sarunas (if it was AJ instead, I'd like that one).
    The GS one is nice.

More importantly... if only a handful of these are even close to legit, value is being offered.

-Phil

Eric, who do you think the Lakers would put in a trade first: Odom or Bynum?

LakerFan

Guy who made all this is up is a Wade fan...which means that he can't be older than 13. So....this thread is kinda worthless

Color me skeptical.

However, if we can get Kaman, we do it, period. But I don't see how he'd be available.

I'd do any of those deals, except Minny and Memphis. We don't need another attitude like Griffin on our team. I love Cardinal, I was at Purdue with he and his wife. But he's damaged goods, and his contract is a bear. I wouldn't trade Cabbage for him.

[edit] One thing. If we trade Ron and Foster, are we gonna all take turns on UB's suicide watch?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    Guy who made all this is up is a Wade fan...which means that he can't be older than 13. So....this thread is kinda worthless
    Don't you think that's a pretty ignorant generalization? I'm a fan of Wade myself, and I'm far from 13, and I don't see why liking one of the more humble superstars makes you a teenager.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Don't you think that's a pretty ignorant generalization? I'm a fan of Wade myself, and I'm far from 13, and I don't see why liking one of the more humble superstars makes you a teenager.
    Clublakers.com has been at war with heat fans for the last 2 years. It's just different over there.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J_2_Da_IzzO
    Pacers sometimes are to predictable offensively but if we got Vince Carter we would add another dimension to offense because he takes it to the hoop strong whenever possible and jams it instead of laying it in.
    WAKE UP!!!

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Although fans around the league may not get it - Bynum is an untouchable. The Lakers look at him as a top 3 lottery pick big man that they just got a year early (because he had to come out now before the rule changed).

Odom would go way before Bynum.

Eric,
    Is it Mitch making the decision on Odom not being swapped for Artest, or is it someone higher, and most importantly how does that sit with Phil? He seemed very high on Ron.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    I will add one more group that does hear some things, but maybe just a little more then the casual fan: sports agents.
    And immediate family members. Donnie and his wife have been together since he was 14 and she was 12. She knows, I imagine.

Mitch, Phil, Jimmy Buss and Doc Buss are all the decision makers to varying degree - obviously ownership has the final say.

i complain alot but i like the offers. i'd be content w/ what donnie thinks is the best. i don't like denvers' deal because we have 2 many small point gaurds. also, we are injury prone so i cant take a chance on nene. i want guys that play hurt. any others i like and trust walsh on.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    wade owns the lakers! laker fans can u please give up ur kobe, odom & artest dream? we cant just buy any player we want so we wont give a top 10 away. we set him, we make the playoffs... oh well. keep odom.

the nets dont need r.j.
    him & vince are the same. vince will sell more tix & is going bonkers lately. i think kidd, billups & nash = top 3 points. im sure they could use defense. remember they could be in brooklyn & jigga would fill seats w/ carter flyin around & artest doin crazy *****. don may not want 2 deal so closely. r.j.>odom in skill & attitude!
    odom is untouchable anyway(hahaha...keep him!)

I don't buy anything that someone is told, unless it is signed, sealed, and delivered to David Stern's desk, I don't buy it.

Or unless somehow you have mind reading capabilities.........................

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    Yeah, I forgot them. But I am sure not all GM's are always talking about work.

I know a lot of people who are happily married who rarely, if ever, discuss work. Granted most of them work for the government, and dont work as the CEO of a sports franchise.

And mad props to Donnie, getting married at 14