Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 194

Thread: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

  1. #26
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,361
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    I question a couple of those offers. I don't believe the Nets offer is real and seriously doubt the Clipper one is.

    If the Warrior offer is legit it should include Biedrins coming here or a #1 pick.

    The Laker offer I'm not sure about either , if its real I'd have to think Kupchak is thinking last nights performance by Brian Cook is an indication he's healthy and ready to give big minutes.

    At this point Warriors offer if legit gives us two very usable players filling 2 spots , Lakers offer if real gives us a versatile player with passing skills.

    Denver deal would have to include a 2nd Pacer probably Anthony Johnson going to Denver.

    Grizzlies deal is crap Brian Cardinal has 5 yr 28 mil contract is in his 7th year , had his 2nd knee operation this summer has yet to play in a game this season. Now in his 7th nba season he's played 130 nba games can you say Bender?

    Wolves deal out and out stinks we already have a 6 mil expiring center contract in Pollard , McCants is playing very little , Griffin has had abuse problems and spent 30 days in jail last summer. Hard to believe Rockets gave Nets Jefferson , Collins and a 3rd #1 on draft day for Griffin.

    I see 2 good trades (if offers are correct) Lakers and Warriors. 1 decent deal Nuggets. The Nets and Clippers I don't feel are legit. Other 3 Grizz, Wiz and Twolves are bad.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    I have some questions about Watson? Is he a point guard that can actually guard someone? If so, I'd love to have him on this team, because we have 3 point guards who play the Olay Defense.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  3. #28
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A very fair question - I'm going on gut instinct, with no reasoning to back it up. I honestly could go either way on either of those deals. I just think it's a on-court chemistry thing. I don't see the warriors guys doing well here, but I do see the Nuggets guys doing well here.
    I we were to do the Warriors deal then some of the things that would have me wondering:

    1) where does this leave Cro? I presume Croshere and Murphy would both be playing the PF position. So, it seems to me either JO will have to play C fulltime or we will have two HIGHLY PAID players playing backup minutes for at best just one player.

    2) do we have enough balls for this team? Seems to me we are going to have a lot of players who like to shoot, maybe too many?

    3) we will gain some defense presence in the backcourt with Pietrus (whom I REALLY like as a player), but in the frontcourt??? Whose going to do the dirty defensive work? Granted Pollard can, but he's not healthy enough to rely solely on. I guess both Croshere and Murphy can scrap too, but how effective is especially the later at it. Now I know he's the leading rebounder for the Warriors, but looking at that roster .... that doesn't look too difficult () and with 8.6 RPG that isn't even that high. And both players defense ... well let's say they are both DEFINITELY NOT known for it. I would rather get Biedrins... ahwell .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  4. #29
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,361
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I question a couple of those offers. I don't believe the Nets offer is real and seriously doubt the Clipper one is.

    If the Warrior offer is legit it should include Biedrins coming here or a #1 pick.

    The Laker offer I'm not sure about either , if its real I'd have to think Kupchak is thinking last nights performance by Brian Cook is an indication he's healthy and ready to give big minutes.

    At this point Warriors offer if legit gives us two very usable players filling 2 spots , Lakers offer if real gives us a versatile player with passing skills.

    Denver deal would have to include a 2nd Pacer probably Anthony Johnson going to Denver.

    Grizzlies deal is crap Brian Cardinal has 5 yr 28 mil contract is in his 7th year , had his 2nd knee operation this summer has yet to play in a game this season. Now in his 7th nba season he's played 130 nba games can you say Bender?

    Wolves deal out and out stinks we already have a 6 mil expiring center contract in Pollard , McCants is playing very little , Griffin has had abuse problems and spent 30 days in jail last summer. Hard to believe Rockets gave Nets Jefferson , Collins and a 3rd #1 on draft day for Griffin.

    I see 2 good trades (if offers are correct) Lakers and Warriors. 1 decent deal Nuggets. The Nets and Clippers I don't feel are legit. Other 3 Grizz, Wiz and Twolves are bad.
    Oh as for Warriors trading Murphy and having no starting pf , Foster or impressive rookie Ike Diogu could play pf.

  5. #30
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by FiestyFosterFanatic
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have some questions about Watson? Is he a point guard that can actually guard someone? If so, I'd love to have him on this team, because we have 3 point guards who play the Olay Defense.
    Do you actually read what some people write here? Several posters have been cring for him since last spring (if not sooner), because of his good defense . Defense is what he's mostly known for, aside from his shooting. He's a decent PG IMO, not spectacular, but decent. Wondering if he's not way too small for the bigger PGs though (Billups, Kidd, Baron Davis, Wade if he plays PG).

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  6. #31
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,361
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Another little note on Troy Murphy twice in his career so far , he has averaged over 10 rpg for a season including 10.8 boards a game last season. To me he's a left handed Brad Miller with much better range.
    He's good for 13-17 ppg and 8-11 rpg over a season and like Miller has an aggressive side.

  7. #32
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another little note on Troy Murphy twice in his career so far , he has averaged over 10 rpg for a season including 10.8 boards a game last season. To me he's a left handed Brad Miller with much better range.
    He's good for 13-17 ppg and 8-11 rpg over a season and like Miller has an aggressive side.
    Brad Miller could pass.

    He also wasn't a total red carpet defensively. Granted he wasn't great but Murphy gets abused all the time.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #33
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another little note on Troy Murphy twice in his career so far , he has averaged over 10 rpg for a season including 10.8 boards a game last season. To me he's a left handed Brad Miller with much better range.
    He's good for 13-17 ppg and 8-11 rpg over a season and like Miller has an aggressive side.
    Doesn't he shoot 3's every once in a while?
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  9. #34
    Member Napptown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    RUNS House
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    I believe that the Wiz deal would fit us pretty well if we could also ship out AJ or Gill. Butler is a good defender, passer and can drive to the bucket.

    We could look at sending out Jax and Atkins (or another PG) at a later date to improve even more.

    I also like the Lakers and Warriors deals.

  10. #35
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A very fair question - I'm going on gut instinct, with no reasoning to back it up. I honestly could go either way on either of those deals. I just think it's a on-court chemistry thing. I don't see the warriors guys doing well here, but I do see the Nuggets guys doing well here.
    Yeah they would do well cause they wouldnt play. Watson would be our 4th PG and Nene is out for the year.

    Have you ever seen MP2 and Murph play? They would help this team from day one. Murph brings 2 things we most need, rebounding and scoring from a big man to help JO out. MP brings a perimieter defender that we lose with Ron. This is probably the best deal out of all of those on that list.

  11. #36
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done and done. Whaddaya waiting for Donnie?
    He's waiting for the deal at Tutwiler Cadillac to go through first.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  12. #37
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah they would do well cause they wouldnt play. Watson would be our 4th PG and Nene is out for the year.

    Have you ever seen MP2 and Murph play? They would help this team from day one. Murph brings 2 things we most need, rebounding and scoring from a big man to help JO out. MP brings a perimieter defender that we lose with Ron. This is probably the best deal out of all of those on that list.
    I could be swayed.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  13. #38
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another little note on Troy Murphy twice in his career so far , he has averaged over 10 rpg for a season including 10.8 boards a game last season. To me he's a left handed Brad Miller with much better range.
    He's good for 13-17 ppg and 8-11 rpg over a season and like Miller has an aggressive side.
    I must admit that I haven't seen very much of him. Think I saw 3 or 4 Warriors games last season and then this season I saw the game at december 30th in which he played VERY impressive against Dirk Nowitzki. Actually, I don't remember him playing horrible in the games that I saw so far.

    His D though . On the bright side the help defense of Indiana is pretty good, but putting him on the floor with Sarunas would at the sametime could be nice offensively, but might on the other end also bring huge risks. I'm not out yet, but I do know I would be absolutely be willing to accept this deal as a Pacersfan.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  14. #39
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,921

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    The Grizz's GM wants Sarunas before Tins or AJ?

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  15. #40
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    You guys should see the thread in CL it has 3660+ replies and 366 pages

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    If true then Lakers & Warriors are the best.I can't believe The Clippers offer is true unless they have another trade in place or a 3 way.

  17. #42
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done and done. Whaddaya waiting for Donnie?

    Kaman is a legit center and not a headcase. Wilcox and Rebraca
    are fair to good players. Kaman is what the Pacers need.


    owl

  18. #43
    Member J_2_Da_IzzO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    843

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    The Nets offer isnt as good as people are making out. Jefferson has some awful games and great games whereas Vince more often then not gets 20+ points, 5+ boards and a few assists.

    Pacers sometimes are to predictable offensively but if we got Vince Carter we would add another dimension to offense because he takes it to the hoop strong whenever possible and jams it instead of laying it in.

    Oh yh and I hope that JO isnt going to be our permanent centre. He needs to play PF.

  19. #44
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I question a couple of those offers.
    Oh, I question all of them. There are very few people who know all the trades that have actually been discussed to date and the ones that are a real possibility. I certainly wouldn't trust an internet source at this point.

  20. #45
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    If all these deals are on the table then theres a good reason why he hasn't made a trade yet. Im looking at this myself and I'm not sure what the bet trade is.I't has to be difficult for Walsh and Bird which direction they want to go and who would be the best fit.

    The clipper deal is kind of interesting.Kris Kamen has been one of these guys who's but up some big numbers but he's been a little inconsistant.I think he could grow into a all star caliber center. You have to seriously consider the lakers if they're giving up Lamar Odom because I think he has the most potential of anybody that is being included in the deal and I think Golden State gives us the best two player involved in any deal. Pietrus and Murphy would start for us right away.I think I would go with GS deal.

  21. #46
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Do all these trades actually work salary cap-wise?


    ...also, im a big fan of the GS deal
    although im wondering where fred jones or pietrus would be in the rotation (which one would be ahead in the rotation?)

  22. #47
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    This is how I would do it

    C - JO/Harrison or Pollard
    PF - Murphy/Cro
    SF - Pietrus / Danny
    SG - Jack/Fred
    PG - Tins/Saras

  23. #48
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Rebraca even play anymore?

    He has a heart condition that's forced him to miss the last month.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Actually 3 of the trades do not work salary wise.The Clippers,Washington,& New Jersey. None of those 3 work.

  25. #50

    Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

    Yeah - that's a load of bunk - Can't trade Caron (poison pill with an extension that hasn't kicked in) - No way the Clippers trade Kaman (I have that from a Clipper exec - no one in the core - period which leaves just Wilcox) - Lakers haven't offered Odom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •