Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

Hybrid View

Mood

Default Rumors from ClubLakers.com (Turns out to be more made up crap)

Now keep in mind this is from a rookie poster, who is a Heat fan, so absolutely there's a chance that he's 100% lying. But all the same he listed some things that I felt were interesting and realistic (though many have laughed at them).

First of all, many there are claiming certain posters who seem to be their versions of our own diamond_dave00 et al who seem to "hear things" saying that Walsh has his final offers and will decide tomorrow which to pick.

Next, this Wade fan fellow is claiming this:

(In reply to being accused of trolling)

No trolling what so ever. It whats being reported by Jorge Sedano on Fox Sports Radio.
    Ok they listed all of the reported offer....

Lakers: Odom and George for Artest and Croshere
    Warriors: Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster
    Nuggets: Nene and Watson for Artest
    Wolves: Olowokandi, Griffin, and McCants for Artest and Fred Jones
    Clippers: Wilcox, Rebraca, and Kaman for Artest and Foster
    Wizards: Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for Artest
    Grizzlies: Brian Cardinal and Shane Battier for Artest and Sarunas Jasikevicius
    Nets: Jefferson and Linton Johnson for Artest and Foster
    Again this could all be 100% false, but I think all of these offers seem somewhat realistic (whether we as Pacers fans like them or not), and it's been so dry lately we need something new(ish) to talk about.

If there's a hint of truth to any of these (and there's plenty reason to be skeptical, including Eric's claims of Odom NOT being offered by LA), I like the Clippers deal best, followed closely by the Nets offer.

Richard Jefferson would be a great replacement for Artest, but we'd be giving up Foster and we already suck at the big positions. Therefore, I like LAC's best because Kaman gives us a true, big center to start with JO, and gives as a prospect PF in Wilcox.

A close third would be the Golden State trade. Murphy'd be a hell of a pickup, but I like the idea of getting a true center and a young PF better.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/vie...asc&start=3600

Default Re: Rumors from ClubLakers.com

Certainly some bigger names in these rumors if that is the case...
    I would be really encouraged if this is really what is being offered...

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Odom/George? RJeff/LJohnson? I'd do both of those.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

OK let's assume this a true for a second, just to talk about it.

I really like the idea of adding Kaman. He's been playing some nice ball, and we need a true center.

It would be hard not to do the GS trade though. Pietrus and Murphy? Damn.

If these proposals are true, which there's a good chance they aren't, but IF they are, almost all of them are shipping out Foster or Croshere. Notice that none of them include Harrison? Maybe Donnie is trying to free up some time for him, and I'm betting he has a lot more confidence in Harrison than some of you.

Having Kaman/Harrison/Pollard available at the C position would almost make me cry tears of joy, good lord that'd be an ugly but big and physical bunch.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

According to the front of HoopsHype, the Hornets owner is interested in Artest.

Yeah having Kaman would be ugly yet BIG..that means we would no longer be as feisty. Hustle? IF that's true and IF we do that one, Cro can do what he did the first few weeks grabbing offensive boards etc..so the scrappy part doesnt decrease too bad.

The trade with the Wolves that includes Fred, hmmm...I REALLY lIKE THE WAY FRED'S BEEN PLAYING..but McCants, Kandi, and Griffin..I'm still leaning towards no though.

Giving up Runi is a

That Watson/Nene for Ron has been around for quite awhile...

Gamble

I would move Foster before Austin. With this team we need all
    the points and rebounds we can get. I agree a center would be
    nice and if Foster is moved then atleast we could guard the
    bigger centers in the league. About freeing up time for Harrison
    i highly doubt it. Rick is the one calling that and i am sure it won't
    change unless Harrison sucks up to Rick.

I'd hate to give up Foster right now since last game he showed he can still produce double doubles and be feisty...13 boards 10 pts.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way would I move Austin.

That being said, I will be ecstatic if some of these were true. I really love the Warriors, Nets, and Wolves "supposed" offers.

Personally I would go with the Warriors. I'll be happy with any of them except for the Denver one.

The Nuggets offer sucks in comparison to the others.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way would I move Austin.
    Hyperbole I hope.

If we bring in a big to start, Austin's role on this team will be minimized.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Hyperbole I hope.

If we bring in a big to start, Austin's role on this team will be minimized.
    It would have to be for a very good starter, with excellent behavioral history.

At this point there is no run of the mill player that could bring as much to this team as Austin does. Trading Artest and Cro would be trading the two polar ends of your team.

IMO, Cro is a very valuable asset when on the floor (just look at his plus/minus stats), but beyond that he is the glue that holds this team together.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

PacersGuest

First time poster here, I like the Warriors, Nets, and Lakers deals the best out of those mentioned.

Pietrus and Murphy help fill a lot of holes for the Pacers. Pietrus would improve our perimeter defense and give us a starting SG. Murphy gives us the scoring we have been lacking, and he can provide a nice inside-out combo with Jermaine.

Richard Jefferson is a good young swingman who is a very good defender and scorer. Losing Foster would definately hurt the Pacers' frontcourt, but another deal could be made later on to bolster it a bit.

Lamar Odom can do a lot of things with the basketball and could play wherever the Pacers need him. Devean George is a solid role player who is also an expiring.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersGuest
    First time poster here, I like the Warriors, Nets, and Lakers deals the best out of those mentioned.

Pietrus and Murphy help fill a lot of holes for the Pacers. Pietrus would improve our perimeter defense and give us a starting SG. Murphy gives us the scoring we have been lacking, and he can provide a nice inside-out combo with Jermaine.

Richard Jefferson is a good young swingman who is a very good defender and scorer. Losing Foster would definately hurt the Pacers' frontcourt, but another deal could be made later on to bolster it a bit.

Lamar Odom can do a lot of things with the basketball and could play wherever the Pacers need him. Devean George is a solid role player who is also an expiring.
    I aggree with your assesments though I think it would be very hard to strike another deal to bolster our Center position without losing another substantial player. I think IF true I would choose the Clippers deal, followed by the Warriors. I have always been advocating a deal with the Warriors IF we had to move Ron Ron (the only trade proposal regarding Ron that I made last year was with them), but Kaman AND Wilcox is an offer we can't refuse IMO. This would completely solidify our frontcourt positions. Sure our backcourt still wouldn't be super, but I think this package fits our playing style and physique playing style the best.

Oh yeah and... .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

These are interesting and, if true, very encouraging. If *any* of these offers (with the exclusion of the already-known Nuggets offer) are real, then I think we'll end up OK.

However, I'd be concerned about the Clippers deal - even with how well Kaman is playing - since it wouldn't send us back a SF or SG.

And, as much as I like Battier, I wouldn't even THINK of both giving up Runi AND taking on Cardinal's horrible contract. If they've got a counter offer, I'd listen, though.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

I don't know the Clippers offer sounds too good to be true for me as does the Warriors deal. Murphy is the Warriors leading rebounder and except for his atrocious defense does several things quite well. Wilcox and Kaman leaving the Clippers ... who would they have at center at who would be backing up Brand, except Foster who they get, but who else?

I don't know, some ofb those rumours sound pretty credible and I guess maybe the Warriors and Clippers deals could be made just that aswell if there's a good motivation behind them, but I just don't see it (at first sight ).

Regards,

Mourning

please do the nets one

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Am I the only one that thinks that the majority of those trades are pretty decent?

EDIT:
    Lakers: Odom and George for Artest and Croshere. GOOD
    Warriors: Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster BAD
    Nuggets: Nene and Watson for Artest GOOD
    Wolves: Olowokandi, Griffin, and McCants for Artest and Fred Jones BAD BAD BAD
    Clippers: Wilcox, Rebraca, and Kaman for Artest and Foster GOOD
    Wizards: Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for Artest BAD
    Grizzlies: Brian Cardinal and Shane Battier for Artest and Sarunas Jasikevicius BAD BAD BAD
    Nets: Jefferson and Linton Johnson for Artest and Foster GOOD

So I guess I'm split - 4 good, 4 bad.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Am I the only one that thinks that the majority of those trades are pretty decent?
    Most of them are decent, absolutely! I think most here would aggree with you on that. But, them beying "decent", sadly, is what makes me VERY suspicious about them beying real, but who knows, I certainly hope they are true .

Regards,

Mourning

EDIT:
    Lakers: Odom and George for Artest and Croshere. GOOD
    Warriors: Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster BAD
    Nuggets: Nene and Watson for Artest GOOD
    Wolves: Olowokandi, Griffin, and McCants for Artest and Fred Jones BAD BAD BAD
    Clippers: Wilcox, Rebraca, and Kaman for Artest and Foster GOOD
    Wizards: Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for Artest BAD
    Grizzlies: Brian Cardinal and Shane Battier for Artest and Sarunas Jasikevicius BAD BAD BAD
    Nets: Jefferson and Linton Johnson for Artest and Foster GOOD

So I guess I'm split - 4 good, 4 bad.
    How is the Warriors offer bad but the Nugget's good?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    How is the Warriors offer bad but the Nugget's good?
    A very fair question - I'm going on gut instinct, with no reasoning to back it up. I honestly could go either way on either of those deals. I just think it's a on-court chemistry thing. I don't see the warriors guys doing well here, but I do see the Nuggets guys doing well here.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

A very fair question - I'm going on gut instinct, with no reasoning to back it up. I honestly could go either way on either of those deals. I just think it's a on-court chemistry thing. I don't see the warriors guys doing well here, but I do see the Nuggets guys doing well here.
    I we were to do the Warriors deal then some of the things that would have me wondering:

1) where does this leave Cro? I presume Croshere and Murphy would both be playing the PF position. So, it seems to me either JO will have to play C fulltime or we will have two HIGHLY PAID players playing backup minutes for at best just one player.

2) do we have enough balls for this team? Seems to me we are going to have a lot of players who like to shoot, maybe too many?

3) we will gain some defense presence in the backcourt with Pietrus (whom I REALLY like as a player), but in the frontcourt??? Whose going to do the dirty defensive work? Granted Pollard can, but he's not healthy enough to rely solely on. I guess both Croshere and Murphy can scrap too, but how effective is especially the later at it. Now I know he's the leading rebounder for the Warriors, but looking at that roster .... that doesn't look too difficult () and with 8.6 RPG that isn't even that high. And both players defense ... well let's say they are both DEFINITELY NOT known for it. I would rather get Biedrins... ahwell .

Regards,

Mourning

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Now keep in mind this is from a rookie poster, who is a Heat fan, so absolutely there's a chance that he's 100% lying. But all the same he listed some things that I felt were interesting and realistic (though many have laughed at them).

First of all, many there are claiming certain posters who seem to be their versions of our own diamond_dave00 et al who seem to "hear things" saying that Walsh has his final offers and will decide tomorrow which to pick.

Next, this Wade fan fellow is claiming this:

(In reply to being accused of trolling)

Again this could all be 100% false, but I think all of these offers seem somewhat realistic (whether we as Pacers fans like them or not), and it's been so dry lately we need something new(ish) to talk about.

If there's a hint of truth to any of these (and there's plenty reason to be skeptical, including Eric's claims of Odom NOT being offered by LA), I like the Clippers deal best, followed closely by the Nets offer.

Richard Jefferson would be a great replacement for Artest, but we'd be giving up Foster and we already suck at the big positions. Therefore, I like LAC's best because Kaman gives us a true, big center to start with JO, and gives as a prospect PF in Wilcox.

A close third would be the Golden State trade. Murphy'd be a hell of a pickup, but I like the idea of getting a true center and a young PF better.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/vie...asc&start=3600
    Disregarding potential trades to rid us of Wacko Jacko, I like the GS offer best. We need more scoring and Murphy can provide that. Murphy is also a capable rebounder. Pietrus could turn out to be a very good player and can play SG. We may lose Fred Jones after this season and Pietrus is a good replacement.

I like the Clipper's offer as well. Kaman is a legit C who is young, can defend and score. I don't like Wilcox or Rebraca much....but a Legit C is tough to come by. This is almost a toss up.

JamesR

That Clippers deal is awesome. Kaman has been playing good ball for the past 2 years and Wilcox is a super athletic 4, dunks on everbody.

mulisha

I'm really skeptical at some of these offers. I don't see why the Clippers would offer Kaman, Wilcox, and Rebraca but not Magette. So at the 2/3 spot, the clippers would have Mobley, Magette, Artest, Ross, and sometimes Livingston. It also gives them a frontcourt of Brand, Foster, and nothing else.

The Warriors offer would have them lose their starting PF with no replacement. They would have 2 C's but no PF.

I also don't think that one person would be able to find out all the offers on the table. I think these are more speculation than anything.

Harmonica

Warriors: Pietrus and Murphy for Artest and Foster
    Clippers: Wilcox, Rebraca, and Kaman for Artest and Foster
    Done and done. Whaddaya waiting for Donnie?