5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Incoming
    Mark Blount
    7-0 C from Pittsburgh
    12.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.9 minutes
    Paul Pierce
    6-6 SG from Kansas
    26.2 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.5 apg in 38.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +11.8 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and +3.3 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Mark Blount
    7-0 C from Pittsburgh
    12.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.0 apg in 28.9 minutes
    Raef LaFrentz
    6-11 C from Kansas
    8.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.4 minutes
    Paul Pierce
    6-6 SG from Kansas
    26.2 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.5 apg in 38.8 minutes
    Incoming
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    2.6 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 12.7 minutes
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Kwame Brown
    6-11 C from Glynn Academy (HS)
    5.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.0 minutes
    Stanislav Medvedenko
    6-10 PF from Ukraine (Foreign)
    1.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.5 minutes
    Devean George
    6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
    6.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -27.3 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -4.1 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Kwame Brown
    6-11 C from Glynn Academy (HS)
    5.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.0 minutes
    Stanislav Medvedenko
    6-10 PF from Ukraine (Foreign)
    1.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 3.5 minutes
    Devean George
    6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
    6.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 21.9 minutes
    Incoming
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    Raef LaFrentz
    6-11 C from Kansas
    8.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.4 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +15.5 ppg, -0.3 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana, Boston, and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Boston, and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Reasoning?

Indiana: Get a flat-out stud to replace Ron Artest in Paul Pierce. The duo of Pierce and O'Neal could be the best in the league. Mark Blount, while overpaid, is a solid center and would be of use with the Pacers.
    Tinsley/Saras
    Pierce/Jones
    Jackson/Granger
    O'Neal/Croshere
    Blount/Foster

Boston: It hurts to lose Pierce, but the Celtics are going nowhere in a hurry so it's better sooner rather than later. Kwame Brown is a young potential stud in the making. He and Al Jefferson could be THE dominate frontcourt in the NBA for the next 10+ years. Yet not only do the Celtics get Kwame, they also get enormous salary relief. They dump LaFrentz's atrocious contract and Blounts bad contract. They knock $24 Million off their cap at the end of 2007. That means going into the summer of 2007, the Celtics will have Kwame Brown, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Ricky Davis, Delonte West, Tony Allen, Marcus Banks, Kendrick Perkins, and Brian Scalabrine undercontract and approx. $32 freaking million in capspace. That could equal 3 max contracts.Allen and West both have team options, meaning if they wanted Boston could let them walk and have enough $3.7M to spend.
    I repeat - Max Player. Max Player. Max Player. Ricky Davis. Al Jefferson. Kwame Brown. Gerald Green. Kendrick Perkins. Tony Allen. Delonte West. Marcus Banks. Brian Scalabrine. (lol)
    This could be the legitimate start of a new Celtics dynasty if the cards were played right.
    Not to mention the draft picks. The Celtics suck this year, and without Pierce would have a shot at #1. Ditto for next year. What about this actually plausible roster going into the 2007-2008 season:
    Rudy Gay - Greg Oden - Al Jefferson - Kwame Brown - Ricky Davis - Gerald Green - Kendrick Perkins - MAX PLAYER - MAX PLAYER - MAX PLAYER

Not a bad 10-man rotation huh?

Lakers: They get their man without giving up Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum. Artest takes so much pressure off of Kobe, not only offensively but defensively. Rafe LaFrentz, while posessiing the NBA's worst contract. is actually quite a talented big man and would fit in well in LA.
    Lama Odom - Kobe Bryant - Ron Artest - Raef LaFrentz - Chris Mihm
    The Kobe/Ron/Lamar trio is nothing short of awesome, and would completely kill any other trio in the league IMO. And ofcourse basketball isn't 3-on-3, and the LaFrentz Mihm front court is nothing to sneeze at. They're easily capable of combining for 30 points, 20 rebounds, and 5 blocked shots a game. I think they can compete with anyone in the league.

All 3 teams win bigtime. So how can anyone possibly say no?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers - Lakers - Celtics {-BLOCKBUSTER-}

I don't think Boston would do it. All the capspace in the world does not mean Kwame is ever going to pan out.

Naptown Seth

Default Re: Pacers - Lakers - Celtics {-BLOCKBUSTER-}

I think they'd do it obviously. Kwame may or may not pan out, but at worst he's a good big man off the bench. But what makes it worth it for Boston is all the salary they shed. Raef LaFrentz has (counting this year) 4 years, $45M left on his contract. That's scary. Blount is also highly overpaid. And I know that potential young lineup I listed for Boson looked rediculous, but it's actualy possible. Actually, the only thing thats even questionable is Gay and/or Oden, and that all comes down to the ping pong balls in the lottery. Davis, Jefferson, Green, Brown etc, they'd have under contract, and the huge caproom would allow them to sign up to 3 max contracts.
    I don't know, I know Pierce is a great player, but that potential future would be too much for me to pass up.