Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by k2m
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the reason why Kobe has the ball so much is because we don't have a 2nd option, he has to score in order for us to win
    When Kobe has the ball anyone on the planet would be a distant 2nd option in his mind............. even Shaq was.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    Croshere would be a nice PF in the triangle I think..
    I've said for years Cro would excel under Jackson. I don't think there's a better system for him than the triangle. Within a month he'd be starting over Brown.

As for how Odom would fit in here, this year would be a struggle. I equate it to the Jalen trade. We really had a hard time integrating the new players, played sub .500 ball for a couple months, then clicked, ran off the 7-game streak to just barely make the playoffs, and played NJ very tough. Then Isiah rewrote his system from scratch, and we excelled the next year, at least until The Collapse.

I can very easily see the same here. Rick doesn't react well to change, so it'll be a rough go for a while. But eventually the team will click, and we'll have a decent showing in the playoffs. Then Rick can go down to the catacombs and write up his very own Don Juan Triumphant.

Whomever gets that gets a cookie.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

SomeOtherJoe

Anyone else see a Kobe/Artest tandem as a powder keg just waitin' to blow?

I can see it now, after Kobe takes his 25th shot... of the second quarter... Ron follows up a strong defensive stand with a trot over to the scorer's table and a quick lay down w/ his head on his hands to watch the Kobe O show in action... followed up with a quick jump up to race back on D.

I take it back, LO straight up for Ron and filler... provided my Lakeshow agrees to televise the locker room brawls. Ron and Kobe could prove to be the most entertaining show on earth. Beats waiting around for the genius "07" plan to take effect.

Phantom of the Opera?

If it happens I think Artest will find himself wishing he was still playing with JO instead of Kobe, and wishing that often.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    Phantom of the Opera?
    DING DING DING!

I couldn't sleep last night, so I watched it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, certainly sounds like Odom and Kobe aren't getting along too well...what a shame...

It was said, I think by SIG, that Sarunas would be a wonderful PG to work with Odom, and I agree 100%. He can work without the ball, and he can create. That, IMO, would be wonderful.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by k2m
    if we get Artest without giving up Odom it will be great cause Odom would go into the spot that he feels most comfortable and best, and thats rebounding and helping others and not being depended on to score, doing the little things
    If you get Ron Artest and keep Lamar Odom you won't even know he's playing. He'll never touch the ball which would make him useless on the offensive end and he's not a very good defender at all. I guess your going to pay him 12 million dollars just to rebound.He would be a horrible fit as a 3rd option behind Kobe and Artest.

SomeOtherJoe

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    If it happens I think Artest will find himself wishing he was still playing with JO instead of Kobe, and wishing that often.
    Seriously? I don't think Kobe wants ANY part of Artest. Kobe's no Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherJoe

I can see it now, after Kobe takes his 25th shot... of the second quarter... Ron follows up a strong defensive stand with a trot over to the scorer's table and a quick lay down w/ his head on his hands to watch the Kobe O show in action... followed up with a quick jump up to race back on D.

I take it back, LO straight up for Ron and filler... provided my Lakeshow agrees to televise the locker room brawls. Ron and Kobe could prove to be the most entertaining show on earth. Beats waiting around for the genius "07" plan to take effect.
    Yeah, it would certainly be quite the sideshow. That's why I want them to put Lamar on the table so we can this thing under way.

Seriously? I don't think Kobe wants ANY part of Artest. Kobe's no Ben.
    Er

I don't get it.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan™
    Are you speaking of phantom of the Opra?

Damn, I was beat.
    Here, I have an extra one:

Ben wanted a part of Ron?

SomeOtherJoe

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Er

I don't get it.
    Sorry... thought you were replying to my "Kobe vs. Ron" brawl comment. Nevermind!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    LOST:
    My Patience. Please help me find it. It's blue and gold and is currently screaming, "TRADE."
    Thank You. GO PACERS!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    Ben wanted a part of Ron?
    Yeah, you know, they almost got in to a fight last November. I don't think many people heard about it though, the league did a good job keeping it hush hush. Plus, Ron got distracted before him and Ben actually fought, can't remember how.

SomeOtherJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    If you get Ron Artest and keep Lamar Odom you won't even know he's playing. He'll never touch the ball which would make him useless on the offensive end and he's not a very good defender at all. I guess your going to pay him 12 million dollars just to rebound.He would be a horrible fit as a 3rd option behind Kobe and Artest.
    Make that 5th option, just behind Kobe, Kobe... er, Kobe, then Artest.

Thank you

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually, I see Ron being on his best behavior and turning it around in LA. And as much as I'd like to have Odom...I HATE THE IDEA OF RON HELPING PHIL!!

Ron has always had trouble with actions...NOT temper...but unthinking actions. I'm convinced he's learned how to control that better and with more maturity could be even better. The facts are he was overreacting to a series of unfortunate events that lined up at the same time.

The crowd booing missed Free throws........the trade rumors.....and finally (and a major ignitor) SJax mouthing off about how he should be the 2nd scoring option and getting more touches. It all increased Ron's internal pressure and Ron does not handle pressure well at all.

Am I advocating keeping Ron...not in the least, he's right, he has too much history here, history he'll never live down and so, too much pressure. But I do see Ron turning it around elsewhere.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216
    Yeah, you know, they almost got in to a fight last November. I don't think many people heard about it though, the league did a good job keeping it hush hush. Plus, Ron got distracted before him and Ben actually fought, can't remember how.

wasnt thinkin at all.. I'm thinking "part" like he wanted his arm or something..

Well hopfully they keep more than one tv monitor around.Otherwise it could get nasty.

SomeOtherJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216

I know I'm mouthin' off too much on y'all's board (good natured in attempt, I promise), but it's just cuz I'm board freekin' stiff and sick and tired of watching what's become of my pathetic team, and I'm just hoping for ANYTHING to happen.

With that said, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a LONG time. Thanks! Now I can go away and leave y'all alone hoping my idiotic GM doesn't give up the keys to the franchise for more "potential." Good luck, we both need it (us more than you, obviously). Later, Pacer fans.

Diesel_81

Make that 5th option, just behind Kobe, Kobe... er, Kobe, then Artest.
    Great point.

I know I'm mouthin' off too much on y'all's board (good natured in attempt, I promise), but it's just cuz I'm board freekin' stiff and sick and tired of watching what's become of my pathetic team, and I'm just hoping for ANYTHING to happen.

With that said, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a LONG time. Thanks! Now I can go away and leave y'all alone hoping my idiotic GM doesn't give up the keys to the franchise for more "potential." Good luck, we both need it (us more than you, obviously). Later, Pacer fans.
    Heh, you sound like you fit right in with the rest of us.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Am I advocating keeping Ron...not in the least, he's right, he has too much history here, history he'll never live down and so, too much pressure. But I do see Ron turning it around elsewhere.
    Yep, me too. Think Sheed in Detroit. I think LA and Phil just might have a settling effect on Ron.