Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Sports Logo

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odom would be our second best player. He can score well, but he excels at rebounding and assists. He also blocks shots and is more efficient on the offensive end than Jax.

We would have 3 shot blockers in the game with JO, Granger and Odom. We could have used him some against Bosh and Villa tonight.
    I'm telling you....if Odom ends up here....SJax has to go.....he won't be happy being the 3rd/4th scoring option on the team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Vescey is one of the most unreliable sources ... I can't remember the last time he reported a legit rumor.

And Marc Stein was just on ESPN saying that there was no physical fight between Kobe and Odom either and that Kobe wants Lamar to say with the Lakers.

Odom's best year was under Stan Van Gundy, who hardly plays run-and-gun offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BryantDunkGiant
    Vescey is one of the most unreliable sources ... I can't remember the last time he reported a legit rumor.
    How about Jamal Magloire to the Bucks.

Vescey is also far more reliable when reporting on the Pacers than any other team; he's had an inside track to our info for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BryantDunkGiant

And Marc Stein was just on ESPN saying that there was no physical fight between Kobe and Odom either and that Kobe wants Lamar to say with the Lakers.
    And Marc Stein is reliable?

LakerFan

Guys, you will need scorers around Odom.
    He's not that great of a 2nd option, at least not on the Lakers so you better keep your scorers.
    Our problem right now is that we don't have a good scorer besides Kobe and Odom's required to score but he can't do it. He's not a 20 ppg scorer. He"ll give you like 15-17 ppg.

Hell, I think you should even play him at the PF.
    He can be a legit PF in the east.
    2 years ago in Miami he was the 2nd best PF in the east, just behind Jermaine.

He certainly gives you more flexibility. He can play SF and PF.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Odom's best year was under Stan Van Gundy, who hardly plays run-and-gun offense.
    Trade for Odom, fire Rick, hire SVG?

Zoe'sMan

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Tins was actually involved in this deal. I know PJ doesn't like to use a traditional PG, but they might need another intitiator after losing Odom. Adding Tins might open up draft pick possiblities. Of course, I don't really think that's a great move, but maybe it's what both sides settle on in the end.
    If that happens, the Pacers will take it up the you know what.....Tinsley and Artest for ODOM!!!!!!!! helllllll no. Tinsley is more valuable than most give him credit for, he just needs to toughen up. If we give him up, they better come off someone else and a high first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    We have seen enough of Artest owning Pierce in a Celtic Uni during the playoffs......do you want to see that happen from the other end now with Artest owning Pierce in a Pacer uni?
    Face it. Artest owns anyone he guards including Lebron. We are losing a special (ed.) defender. Pierce blows up in almost everyone else's face. He is definitely a top 20 player in the NBA and is the #1 option in Boston. If we get him for Artest and Jax, it is a steal under these circumstances.

Hey all - I had gotten it from the top that LA would NOT trade Odom for Artest.

Of course that was about a week ago - now that Odom has missed three wide open three's in a row in the final minute of three straight losses - and Kobe wants to strangle him - maybe things have changed.

Problem with the Lakers - Odom is the only other threat besides Kobe and you don't want Odom shooting treys. He's a great complimentary player - impacts the game all over the place - but he's not a pure shooter.

What I see right now is the Lakers and Pacers being the main discussion - with LA trying to force it through as Kwame - and the Pacers Odom.

I will try to get more info on the Laker side to see if they have taken a step forward with Odom . . .

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    Odom is defentily a great talent to have but I have some concerns with how he would fit in with this team:

BTW, lets pretend that the Lakers are getting Artest and Foster (Foster since Odom is the Lakers leading rebounder)

- If Rick is still the coach how well would Odom fit in? I think he is best on a team that plays a faster pace and that sure isn't here in Indiana.
    - Even if Rick stays as coach, how would Odom fit into the offense? Odom is a guy who makes plays for others but with JO, Tinsley, and Jackson we don't need a guy who makes plays for others. We need someone who plays off the ball.
    - This only makes our salary situation worse. Of course though with Pollard expiering and Croshere and Bender off the books after next year our situation gets a little better.

If this deal happens I think that Tinsley and Jackson would have to go eventually in order for this team to have good chemistry. We need to have more guys who play off the ball and make plays that way. Just like Detroit does (Rip, Big Ben) and San Antonio does (Ginobli, Bowen) and the Lakers did (Fisher, Horry)

Jermaine Oneal and Steven Jackson really don't create for others. Other posters have mentioned this before as well as I have that if you get Odom you have to changer certain aspects of your team one of them would probably be to trade Tinsley.

To maximize Odoms potential he needs to play point forward.He needs the ball in his hands and if you have Tinsley that isn't going to happen. Ideally we would then trade Tinsley for a guard who can defend the point guard position and knock down jumpers. Your right getting Odom would be a huge change and Just like we built a team around Artest and Oneal we would probably have to get some new players to fit around a combination of Oneal and Odom.This is not a quick fix, this would take time but might be worth it in the end.

LakerFan

Actually Saras might be the perfect PG next to Odom.

He's a great PG but he also knows how to play without the ball in his hands.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see a deal in which Croshere , goes to the Lakers with Artest then suddend limit numbers for Austin and his name being reported in paper today make him seem likely. What about Pollard doesn't play for several games then plays 15 minutes vs the Spurs ? Showcasing?

I was told and posted early that its Odom if the Lakers want Ron, still think thats the case.

This could get very interesting.

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    Guys, you will need scorers around Odom.
    He's not that great of a 2nd option, at least not on the Lakers so you better keep your scorers.
    Our problem right now is that we don't have a good scorer besides Kobe and Odom's required to score but he can't do it. He's not a 20 ppg scorer. He"ll give you like 15-17 ppg.

Hell, I think you should even play him at the PF.
    He can be a legit PF in the east.
    2 years ago in Miami he was the 2nd best PF in the east, just behind Jermaine.

He certainly gives you more flexibility. He can play SF and PF.
    The problem with the lakers is that kobe wants to be the pg/sg/sf. He controls the ball which would make it very difficult for Lamar to do what he does best and that is initiate the offense. Under the circumstances I actually think hes having a very good season for a team that is not utilizing him properly in my opinion. If Odom is playing to his potential he can easily get you 18ppg 10bds and 6-7 assists per game there isn't a whole lot of players who can do that in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    Actually Saras might be the perfect PG next to Odom.

He's a great PG but he also knows how to play without the ball in his hands.
    I agree...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

mulisha

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    The problem with the lakers is that kobe wants to be the pg/sg/sf. He controls the ball which would make it very difficult for Lamar to do what he does best and that is initiate the offense. Under the circumstances I actually think hes having a very good season for a team that is not utilizing him properly in my opinion. If Odom is playing to his potential he can easily get you 18ppg 9bds and 6 assists per game there isn't a whole lot of players who can do that in this league.
    The problem with Odom is he's weak mentally. He may initiate the offense and then stand around the 3pt line and do very little. That is why we Laker fans are so upset with him, he has the skill but he doesn't know how to put his mind to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mulisha
    The problem with Odom is he's weak mentally. He may initiate the offense and then stand around the 3pt line and do very little. That is why we Laker fans are so upset with him, he has the skill but he doesn't know how to put his mind to it.
    Sounds like Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Sounds like Ron
    Difference is Odom is not a headcase well he used to be but recently he's been normal...

mulisha

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Sounds like Ron
    The biggest difference is Ron's mental issues effect his actions outside of bball while Odom's effects him on the court.

LakerFan

Well, I think Odom is much better without Kobe. He and Kobe just can't play together. For one thing, Odom's defering to Kobe too much.

Kobe's been suspended for 2 games. Let's see how Odom will play.

Last year when Kob got injured, Odom played very well, he averaged like 19-10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by mulisha
    The biggest difference is Ron's mental issues effect his actions outside of bball while Odom's effects him on the court.

I think the opposite would be more true.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

mulisha

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

I think the opposite would be more true.
    What I'm talking about is Ron gets in fights, etc while Odom's issues cause him to disappear in games.

k2m

the reason why Kobe has the ball so much is because we don't have a 2nd option, he has to score in order for us to win

k2m

if we get Artest without giving up Odom it will be great cause Odom would go into the spot that he feels most comfortable and best, and thats rebounding and helping others and not being depended on to score, doing the little things

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    I could see a deal in which Croshere , goes to the Lakers with Artest then suddend limit numbers for Austin and his name being reported in paper today make him seem likely. What about Pollard doesn't play for several games then plays 15 minutes vs the Spurs ? Showcasing?

I was told and posted early that its Odom if the Lakers want Ron, still think thats the case.

This could get very interesting.
    It would put Cro back home,although he would still have to endure Ron.I guess you win some and you lose some.