Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 294

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

  1. #51
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,985

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a update from DD from LG





    Who is DD and LG.

  2. #52
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is DD
    DALE DAVIS!

    ...not really, im guessing diamonddave00

  3. #53
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odom for Artest and AJ?

    Where the heck do I sign?!!!
    [/left]

  4. #54
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    DiamondDave and LG is a Laker forum.

  5. #55
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Oh so dd00 posts there too??




    Donnie, trade AJ and Ron for Odom now. Just do it. I am for almost anything that ttrades AJ away.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  6. #56
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    IMO, they'll want Foster. That will give Phil his Jordan, his Pippen, and his Rodman.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #57
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    THEY CANT HAVE JEFF! Especially now that he's getting FEISTY again.

  8. #58
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, they'll want Foster. That will give Phil his Jordan, his Pippen, and his Rodman.
    well, ronnie has charisteristics of pippen and rodman

    pippen's defense...and rodman's crazy personality

    ...but im guessing you meant foster = rodman

  9. #59
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    What do you guys think of Hulk+AJ+Artest for Odom+Von Wafer.

    This is just my speculation, but I sure as hell don't want to trade Foster.

  10. #60
    k2m
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Jeff Foster=Dennis Rodman, LOL!

    I think PJax already stated he wants Kwame to be his Dennis Rodman, not to focus that much on offense but to really put lots of effort on defense and rebounding

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,230

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THEY CANT HAVE JEFF! Especially now that he's getting FEISTY again.

    I agree, they'd already be getting the better end of the deal. Any other player thrown in should be to benefit the Pacers, and we are heaviest at pg's.
    Odom, and a 1st. for Artest, and AJ works for me. If we do any kind of 2 for 1, and Bender retires, we'd actually have to pick up 1 player to meet the requirement under the new cba.

  12. #62
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    You know, I might play Odom at the two if I had him, and give Danger a chance to develop. But I suppose there will be a lot of politics involved there. What about Jax + Ron-Ron for Odom?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  13. #63
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    If we can't get the Golden State Deal done then we have to make the Artest for Odom trade. We have to get somebody in this deal that can be productive for us for years to come and Odom if he plays up to his potential like he did in Miami then we have somebody who is at least All star caliber.

    The one bad thing about Odom is his salary I know Walsh has talked alot about having finanical flexibility and getting Odom certainly would not help in that area but then again if he plays to his potential he would be worth every penny.

  14. #64
    k2m
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Odom for Artest is actually overpaying (market wise) guys so don't be surprised if there is no first.

  15. #65
    LakerFan
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Damn, just do something already. This waiting is killing me lol.

  16. #66
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Odom would be our second best player. He can score well, but he excels at rebounding and assists. He also blocks shots and is more efficient on the offensive end than Jax.

    We would have 3 shot blockers in the game with JO, Granger and Odom. We could have used him some against Bosh and Villa tonight.

  17. #67
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Unhappy Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, I might play Odom at the two if I had him, and give Danger a chance to develop. But I suppose there will be a lot of politics involved there. What about Jax + Ron-Ron for Odom?
    I so agree with that. If you get Odom you have to surround him with good defenders and I think Granger will be a great defender in the near future so that helps.If you get Odom your going to have to do alot of flip flopping on the defensive end. You can have Odom play at the sg or sf position but for the most part your going to have to play Granger against the better perimeter threat because Odom is not a good defender at all. I think were going to see Granger playing against alot of guards if this trade happens.

  18. #68
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, just do something already. This waiting is killing me lol.
    I don't really mind what you post man, just keep that avatar up!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  19. #69
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,575

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Pierce is available, we better throw everything we got at Boston. However, I'm not sure they'd want what we have....
    We have seen enough of Artest owning Pierce in a Celtic Uni during the playoffs......do you want to see that happen from the other end now with Artest owning Pierce in a Pacer uni?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #70
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odom would be our second best player. He can score well, but he excels at rebounding and assists. He also blocks shots and is more efficient on the offensive end than Jax.

    We would have 3 shot blockers in the game with JO, Granger and Odom. We could have used him some against Bosh and Villa tonight.
    No Granger will be our 2nd best player then Odom

  21. #71
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    nice to have you Phil.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  22. #72
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have seen enough of Artest owning Pierce in a Celtic Uni during the playoffs......do you want to see that happen from the other end now with Artest owning Pierce in a Pacer uni?
    Pierce owns Artest if only because he can stay in uniform and not street clothes.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  23. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,230

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odom would be our second best player. He can score well, but he excels at rebounding and assists. He also blocks shots and is more efficient on the offensive end than Jax.

    We would have 3 shot blockers in the game with JO, Granger and Odom. We could have used him some against Bosh and Villa tonight.

    I was just thinking, when the last time we had a good rebounder at the 3 was, probably Detlef. McKey, Rose, Artest, and Al were never above average.
    I really like the idea of Foster, J.O., and Odom starting.

  24. #74
    LakerFan
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really mind what you post man, just keep that avatar up!
    Guess that's a green light for me to start flaming lol.

    Nah man, you better watch out. You saw what Kobe did to Mike Miller.

    Anyway, re the trade talk..

    Odom for Artest may be the the deal in the end but I would guess that now they're looking for a 3rd team...the Lakers at least.
    Because if they're trading Odom, they need to somehow replace his rebounding and ballhandling.
    Phil might want Austin Croshere. Croshere would be a nice PF in the triangle I think..

    Anyway, they better do this deal soon.

    I'm sick of waiting and I can't even imagine how do you guys feel like.
    Actually I can, damn Shaq.

  25. #75

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Odom is defentily a great talent to have but I have some concerns with how he would fit in with this team:

    BTW, lets pretend that the Lakers are getting Artest and Foster (Foster since Odom is the Lakers leading rebounder)

    - If Rick is still the coach how well would Odom fit in? I think he is best on a team that plays a faster pace and that sure isn't here in Indiana.
    - Even if Rick stays as coach, how would Odom fit into the offense? Odom is a guy who makes plays for others but with JO, Tinsley, and Jackson we don't need a guy who makes plays for others. We need someone who plays off the ball.
    - This only makes our salary situation worse. Of course though with Pollard expiering and Croshere and Bender off the books after next year our situation gets a little better.

    If this deal happens I think that Tinsley and Jackson would have to go eventually in order for this team to have good chemistry. We need to have more guys who play off the ball and make plays that way. Just like Detroit does (Rip, Big Ben) and San Antonio does (Ginobli, Bowen) and the Lakers did (Fisher, Horry)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •