Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so.... Isn't Tinsley "base year"?

But, you are right about one thing. It can't be straight up. There is almost a $5M difference between Odom's and Artest's salaries.

So, maybe there is a third team involved. I would think an additional player from the Pacers would be either Pollard or Bender, which would require another player coming with Odom from the Lakers if it is a two-team trade.
    Hicks is right it does work.

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    I don't think so.... Isn't Tinsley "base year"?

But, you are right about one thing. It can't be straight up. There is almost a $5M difference between Odom's and Artest's salaries.

So, maybe there is a third team involved. I would think an additional player from the Pacers would be either Pollard or Bender, which would require another player coming with Odom from the Lakers if it is a two-team trade.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...3&postcount=22

Vescey just said Pierce is very available. But Vescey did not say the Celts and Pacers have discussed a deal.

it looks like you guys will end up with
    Odom and us with Artest. good stuff. you have to beleive the lakers are the leading conteder if this in fact true..

I dont care who we get for Ron anymore as long as AJ is a filler in the trade. But this is good to hear.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If this is true, take it and run, Donnie, before it's too late.

Sorry, Btown.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Vescey just said Pierce is very available. But Vescey did not say the Celts and Pacers have discussed a deal.
    So now he's floating Pierce? Send up all sorts of red flags about is credibility.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Next stop June 2015

Pierce for Artest and Jax would be perfect.

mulisha

I think he was saying Pierce was available in general. Wouldn't make sense for the Celts to deal him for Artest.

Default Re: New Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    I do not believe this, Lakers came out today and completely denied it unless of course something happened in the late after-noon.

Vescey is lieing I'm afraid.

Nothing is final when it comes to rumors, just because a Laker source says one thing does not mean its final or even true.. things change day to day and even hour to hour.....

Why Not Us ?

Phil

First off, this is my first post, so "hi." I haven't been a newbie anywhere in a while, so if I accidentally step on anyone's toes, just let me know.

I've been combing the net looking at various trades, and it seems to me like this one (a Lakers/Pacers/Raptors? deal where Odom ends up in Indy and Artest ends up in LA) makes the most sense for everyone involved. Back when Odom was part of the "blockbuster" trade for Shaq, there was a nice piece in SI (I can't remember who wrote it... it's been too long) about how Odom has changed his work habits (from his time with the Clips to his time with the Heat), but it also talked about how he wasn't thrilled to be returning to Los Angeles (which is odd for an NBA player; returning to the Clips wouldn't be the best, but most guys aren't sad to become Lakers). Add in the fact that he's fighting with Kobe (and I'm pretty sure that's legit; look at Kobe's history with people), and the fact that those two have never really meshed, and it just makes sense that Odom needs to leave LA.

Meanwhile what do we know about Ron? He's amazing on the court. He's also "wild" and "flamboyant." The LA market would love him, it would help his desire to be a rapper (or at least a record producer) and a household name, and Phil Jackson is probably the only coach who'd have a better chance of breaking Ron of his bad habits than Rick (with Larry helping, no less).

Having watched the Raptors tonight, it seems like they don't want Rose (and LA does). So I can see how the rumored 3 way trade would be good for everyone (though I bet Toronto would like to keep the draft pick).

I really don't see LA giving us the best deal if Lamar Odom isn't involved, though. Brown is okay, and Bynum they're in love with (plus we already have a young big man we don't want to use). George is the epitome of a "throw-in" player in a deal like this. Beyond that, they don't seem to have much to offer.

-Phil

If Pierce is available, we better throw everything we got at Boston. However, I'm not sure they'd want what we have....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    So now he's floating Pierce? Send up all sorts of red flags about is credibility.

He just said the Celtics are more than willing to trade Pierce. But he did not even mention the Pacers as a possiblity. He said Ainge wants to go underage, which tells me they don't want Ron. Maybe I should not have posted this in this thread. it has nothing to do with trading Ron.

Please disregard all this Pierce stuff

Sorry

psshh...if pierce is available, i say we go after him harder than we do odom

I don't think Ainge would want Artest he has a youth squad to deal with he's not gonna take charge and try bringing Artest to Boston.

RE: Phil Jackson wants Rose

So when Phil (allegedly) asked Larry (Bird) how he dealt with a player like Jalen breaking plays and Bird told him it would be another coach's problem... Phil is ready to be THAT coach?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Meanwhile what do we know about Ron? He's amazing on the court. He's also "wild" and "flamboyant."
    Welcome to the board Phil. Wild and flamboyant Well, yeah that's one way to put it. Let me get my Artest Thesauras out. Wild and flamboyant = stupid and out of control. Yep - that would be right then!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

He just said the Celtics are more than willing to trade Pierce. But he did not even mention the Pacers as a possiblity. He said Ainge wants to go underage, which tells me they don't want Ron. Maybe I should not have posted this in this thread. it has nothing to do with trading Ron.

Please disregard all this Pierce stuff

Sorry

I don't think Ainge would want Artest he has a youth squad to deal with he's not gonna take charge and try bringing Artest to Boston.
    He's done pretty well with ricky davis, but what you said is true...we are talking about artest here

By the way Ron + AJ for Odom also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

Hmm?
    It's just that DW has had quotes attributed to him where something was close/weekend in then the weekend passed so it makes me think somebody is working hard to make something happen and it's something that DW is interested in (enough so he'd wait). This seems to fit that scenario.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    By the way Ron + AJ for Odom also works.
    I'd take it!

This is a update from DD from LG

Report during halftime of tonights Pacer/Raptors game . Yes Pacers lost their 4th in a row, is that Lamar Odom is now being offered for Ron Artest.

Yes, I know Lakers today came out saying Lamar would not be traded. The report was on WIBC 1070 according to Kevin Lee the Lakers contacted Walsh and Bird late this afternoon.

Just reporting latest from here.

Who is DD
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Next stop June 2015

This is a update from DD from LG

Odom for Artest and AJ?

Where the heck do I sign?!!!