Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BlueNGold - If your expecting the Pacers to get any high value out of Artest then your in a fantasyland...
    The point of my post was that the Lakers, in particular, should be willing to trade Odom for Ron...NOT that Ron has substantial market value for the majority of teams in the NBA. In fact, for some teams Ron's value is negative. I stressed the point that Ron is substantially better than Lamar because it is true and should be further reasoning for the Lakers to deal Odom.

...but the main reason they should pick up Ron is that the Lakers have the right coach, right atmosphere and right fit for Ron. Ron would relieve Kobe from tough defensive assignments and will provide more offense and toughness than Lamar. They will lose some rebounding, but I see them coming out way ahead. Ron >> Lamar.

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

speaking of the coach this is what phil just said on his Sirius radio show:

(not direct quotes)

#1 their salaries don't match....#2 to match there would have to be players added that would complicate rosters that already have 15 players....and #3 Mitch came to Phil and asked him which players were untouchable, and Phil told him that Lamar is a guy he does not want traded.

BlueNGold - this is not about who's better or not whatever the Pacers get Ron will be the better player so I don't get what your trying to say here...

Eric - did Phil say if the Lakers have a good chance to get Artest?

This was relayed by someone who I know personally - I didn't hear it myself - and according to my friend - this was all that was said on the topic.

It almost feels like LA isn't in the running - being around the team and all - I could see Donnie saying no Odom - no Artest - and the Lakers being on the outside with a standing Kwame offer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eric , I've felt all along no Odom no Artest . But stranger things have happened.

Eric... if Donnie only wants Odom then Lakers would not be a top-3 contender to get Artest.

I don't think you know whats going on anymore then the media or the fans and I have no problem with that I don't think Walsh even knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    speaking of the coach this is what phil just said on his Sirius radio show:

(not direct quotes)

#1 their salaries don't match....#2 to match there would have to be players added that would complicate rosters that already have 15 players....and #3 Mitch came to Phil and asked him which players were untouchable, and Phil told him that Lamar is a guy he does not want traded.
    The fact Phil said this on the radio means nothing wouldn't you agree?...if anything it means the opposite. Also, there is no way Lamar is untouchable in a multi-player trade. What if the Pacers offered Granger, Artest and Harrison and filler. I think the Lakers would go for that. Misinformation is a big part of negotiation of course.

You're welcome to believe that - it's not the Laker way to have Phil on the air and say something like that. If it were true that Odom was being shopped - Phil wouldn't have said anything.

For instance - when there were a lot of Butler rumors - the Lakers complained about the media. Complained about the rumor mill. Complained about irresponsible reporting.

But . . . never did they flat out say we're not trading Caron Butler.

Here they've said it multiple times about Odom - and if you follow their history and know how they do business you see that they do not plan on moving Odom right now. Certainly a crazy offer of Granger and Fred Jones and Artest and Jermaine O'Neal and 17 draft picks would get it done - you get the point, no one is untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    You're welcome to believe that - it's not the Laker way to have Phil on the air and say something like that. If it were true that Odom was being shopped - Phil wouldn't have said anything.

For instance - when there were a lot of Butler rumors - the Lakers complained about the media. Complained about the rumor mill. Complained about irresponsible reporting.

But . . . never did they flat out say we're not trading Caron Butler.

Here they've said it multiple times about Odom - and if you follow their history and know how they do business you see that they do not plan on moving Odom right now. Certainly a crazy offer of Granger and Fred Jones and Artest and Jermaine O'Neal and 17 draft picks would get it done - you get the point, no one is untouchable.
    Maybe that is not Phil's way. I hope you are right. Lamar is a good player and I'd be ok with him, but I would prefer a different trade. IMO we already have a great PF with Jermaine and...I hope a soon to be great SF with Granger. I would like to see a trade with GS or the Clippers to get a C or SG.

Naptown Seth

Gotta love the hypocrisy here. Write an intelligent post on why you don't put much into what a journalist says, you're "classess".
    Call a national journalist an "idiot' or a "freakin moron" wit nothing to back it up, and that's mature and acceptable.

Ofcourse Eric Pincus is somewhat a celebrity when it comes to online basketball discssions, so I'm sensing a lot of brown nosing going on. If Eric wasn't here, he'd be bad mouthed by the "respectful" posters the same way Peter Vescey is.
    If Peter Vescey posted here, he'd get his a$$ kissed by the same people who were calling him an idiot just a few days ago. That's just the way a lot of people are. Two-faced hypocrites.

Moral of the story? It's ok to disrespect people as long as they don't read it.

And here comes yet another PM from Hicks which Im gonna delete without reading....

I don't think I'll be posting here any longer. I'll stick to the much more open, less hypicritical IndyStar.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Gotta love the hypocrisy here. Write an intelligent post on why you don't put much into what a journalist says, you're "classess".
    Call a national journalist an "idiot' or a "freakin moron" wit nothing to back it up, and that's mature and acceptable.

Ofcourse Eric Pincus is somewhat a celebrity when it comes to online basketball discssions, so I'm sensing a lot of brown nosing going on. If Eric wasn't here, he'd be bad mouthed by the "respectful" posters the same way Peter Vescey is.
    If Peter Vescey posted here, he'd get his a$$ kissed by the same people who were calling him an idiot just a few days ago. That's just the way a lot of people are. Two-faced hypocrites.

Moral of the story? It's ok to disrespect people as long as they don't read it.

And here comes yet another PM from Hicks which Im gonna delete without reading....

I don't think I'll be posting here any longer. I'll stick to the much more open, less hypicritical IndyStar.
    So...when did Mark Boyle say we'd be getting that nearly equal talent for Ron again? It was supposed to be a done deal by today, right? I'm starting to get impatient...

Mood

YAY

Sorry, couldn't help it...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

I agree there is tonnes of hypocrisy and backstabbing and people blowing their mouth about other posters..

It’s an online forum, it was that way yesterday and will be that way tomorrow... apart from some freak sending you a viri, your safe from anything you say, although wasn’t there a court case or new legislation about slander on the internet.. Not sure... but man some people will always follow the Benjamin trail home....

I have no idea who Eric_P is and can't say I have ever read anything he has written, but anytime some one writes stuff there are always comments and controversy, that’s why they get paid the big bucks....

I respect Eric and Vesey all Sports writers (I don’t always agree and some times I don’t read em again but respect is due none the less) for their role in the basketball world.. And they get paid to do what they love, how about that... I might become a sports beat writer yet.....

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

May I also add, you are the most hypicritical person on this board when someone on this board disagrees with you... so thank you for now making this a less hypicritical board now.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the record, I'm not saying I don't believe emplay, but it would be naive to put too much faith into his sources since the last two major pending deals he's reported never came to pass (I was well aware of his reputation before he began posting on PD). Sure, things happen at the last second all the time, but all the same, I'll reserve judgment until this is all done and over with. Until then, obviously, I'm thankful for any and all apparent inside info we can get to speculate on.

Not sure if it's been posted, but here's an interesting article speculating on a comparison between Phil's relationship with Rodman and (potentially) with Artest (assuming he is traded to the Lakers.

LINK

(She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) Yeah ... yeah ...
    (She said) Oh ... oh ...
    (And I said) That's the one for me.

-Ron Artest making great music that I will always remember.

extreme

Odom is not known to be part of the deal