Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

I just want Artest to be traded. I am getting the feeling that as more days go by the chances are becoming good that Artest is traded in the off-season. If I was a betting man, i'd bet that we trade Artest in the summer.

Each week it seems I read that Donnie is narrowing the trades down to 3 or 4 and should make a decision soon or something to that effect.

I'm so sick and tired of waiting on this big trade to occur. Just get it done Donnie, please.

Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want Artest to be traded. I am getting the feeling that as more days go by the chances are becoming good that Artest is traded in the off-season. If I was a betting man, i'd bet that we trade Artest in the summer.

Each week it seems I read that Donnie is narrowing the trades down to 3 or 4 and should make a decision soon or something to that effect.

I'm so sick and tired of waiting on this big trade to occur. Just get it done Donnie, please.
    I agree. I wish Mitch would just serve up Odom!

According to Sky from ( CL ) finals offers are due for tomorrow and a decision will be made this week.

So decision this week means that a trade will happen 4 weeks from now in Donnie and Larry time.

Man I hope not. I have faith in Walsh I think he will get something done this week hopefully Odom is being honored in the Pacers media by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    Man I hope not. I have faith in Walsh I think he will get something done this week hopefully Odom is being honored in the Pacers media by Wednesday.
    I would love to wake up one morning this week, go online and read that Ron has been traded.

Sports Logo

^^We all do.......but every day that goes by and nothing happens....the more that I dread that we are get a crap deal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Kwame - 6'11" 243 lb.
    Jermaine - 6'11" 260 lb.
    Actually, Kwame came into training camp weighing 277 lbs. (8% body fat). He runs the floor like a guard.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kept
    Actually, Kwame came into training camp weighing 277 lbs. (8% body fat). He runs the floor like a guard.
    You've got a GREAT avatar
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Naptown Seth

I've been at HoopsWorld checking out some of Eric Pinus' work, and I must say - the more I read of his work, the more I become convinced he's a Lakers fan first, journalist second. That's why I take his claims that Lamar Odom hasn't been offered with a huge grain of salt. It comes across to me as a Lakers fan trying to convince himself Lamar Odom hasn't been offered, as opposed to a man with actual sources.

Erick Dampier to the Suns
    Eddy Curry Sign&Trade to the Lakers? No, wait. Kevin Garnett Sign&Trade to the Lakers!
    Jonathan Bender & #17 to the Lakers for Devean George, Slaa Medvedenko, & #37

Funny, the only thing I see posted which actually happened is Caron Butler to the Wizards for Kwame Brown and as stated in the article, that news came from PETER VECSEY and David Aldridge.

It comes down to what appears to be a homerish Lakers beat writer (Pinus) vs an unbiased journalist for one of the worlds most widely circulated newspapers (Vecsey).
    I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna have to go with Peter Vecsey.

LakerFan

Kwame - 6'11" 243 lb.
    Jermaine - 6'11" 260 lb.

Not sure where you get that Kwame is bigger, as he's not. But yeah, if he was brought here, he'd almost certainly be developed into a center.

I'm also weary of how many Laker fans are praising Kwame.It comes off kind of insincere to me, like you're trying to "sell" us on Kwame's ability. I bet truth be told, 99.9% of Laker fans would keep Lamar before Kwame.

As for me, I'd definantly prefer Lamar to Kwame, although if Kwame were packaged with a nice pick (top-15ish) I could live with that.
    Actually, Kwame's 277 now.

I know most Laker fans would keep Odom over Kwame but I wouldn't.

Here's why

1. Kobe needs the ball, Artest needs the ball...Odom needs the ball.

2. Financial situation. It"ll be so much easier to build around Kobe and Artest if Odom is off the team and personally on a team with Kobe and Artest I don't see him making a huge impact.

3. I don't want to trade draft picks, expiring contracts etc. Lakers are rebuilding and you need those things in order to rebuild.

Lamar might shine somewhere else...I don't know.
    Last night he dropped 18-12-8 on Kirilenko. That was his first game without Kobe.
    It's just that, I can't see him making a big impact on a team with Kobe AND Artest and thus he would become incredibly overpaid to us.

I'd rather build this way..

Have Kobe and Artest as a great duo. Seriously, if everything goes right, they arguably will be the best duo in the league. Guess only Shaq and Wade will be better.
    Of course that is, if Kobe and Artest show chemistry on the court and they should.
    If we get Artest, Kobe will no longer be the best defender on the Lakers which will be huge for him. Instead of guarding Wades, McGradys, Hamiltons, Artest will do that for him.
    Also, Artest is a good post scorer and he can shoot.
    He and Kobe should complement each other well.

Have good 2way players around Kobe and Arters. Have players that can shoot and defend...and create some.
    And that's it.
    If we develop our youngsters, to go with our cap space plan in 2007 we're going to have a hell of a team..

If Artest doesn't go crazy...if he doesn't screw us over, if he and Kobe can focus on playing bball...

It's a lot of IF's but I'm willing to take the chance at Artest.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan
    It's a lot of IF's but I'm willing to take the chance at Artest.
    As much as I want Artest gone, he would be worth rolling the dice for a number of teams. Lamar Odom is a nice player and maybe an above average starter, but he is nowhere near as good as Artest. Perhaps half of the teams in the league have no one as good as Artest. Every team has someone better than Lamar. This is why the Pacers will be taking a step back talent-wise regardless of what happens.

Ron has worn out his welcome in Indiana, but a fresh start somewhere else may be what he needs. With LA, he might get enough attention to satisfy him...plus with PJ, it might keep him focused.

The Lakers are going nowhere without upgrading their roster...and they have to know it. If I was Mitch, I would take this risk....if but for a couple years. How much harm can he cause a team that already apparently has chemistry problems and is years from contending without a major move like this?

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    As much as I want Artest gone, he would be worth rolling the dice for a number of teams. Lamar Odom is a nice player and maybe an above average starter, but he is nowhere near as good as Artest. Perhaps half of the teams in the league have no one as good as Artest. Every team has someone better than Lamar. This is why the Pacers will be taking a step back talent-wise regardless of what happens.

Ron has worn out his welcome in Indiana, but a fresh start somewhere else may be what he needs. With LA, he might get enough attention to satisfy him...plus with PJ, it might keep him focused.

The Lakers are going nowhere without upgrading their roster...and they have to know it. If I was Mitch, I would take this risk....if but for a couple years. How much harm can he cause a team that already apparently has chemistry problems and is years from contending without a major move like this?
    You severely underate Lamar's talents I.M.O.

You severely underate Lamar's talents I.M.O.
    I am not discounting Lamar as much as giving Ron credit for his on court performance.

Lamar is a good second option on an average team. Ron is a first option on a title contender. Ron outplays both Lebron James and Paul Pierce who are both far better than Lamar.

Ron is a top 15 player regardless of what he says. Lamar is a top 40 player. That is a huge difference.

I've been at HoopsWorld checking out some of Eric Pinus' work, and I must say - the more I read of his work, the more I become convinced he's a Lakers fan first, journalist second. That's why I take his claims that Lamar Odom hasn't been offered with a huge grain of salt. It comes across to me as a Lakers fan trying to convince himself Lamar Odom hasn't been offered, as opposed to a man with actual sources.

Eddy Curry Sign&Trade to the Lakers? No, wait. Kevin Garnett Sign&Trade to the Lakers!

Funny, the only thing I see posted which actually happened is Caron Butler to the Wizards for Kwame Brown and as stated in the article, that news came from PETER VECSEY and David Aldridge.

It comes down to what appears to be a homerish Lakers beat writer (Pinus) vs an unbiased journalist for one of the worlds most widely circulated newspapers (Vecsey).

He runs the Lakersground board under the name emplay.So yes he is a lakers fan who happens to be a writer.I have said such in an earlier post about this.

I'm not saying he does not have contacts within the Laker org. but his writngs are definately biased.Where do you think The laker fans that came here was getting there info?

mulisha

What you also have to take into account is Vecsey's disdain for the Lakers. Recently, he has just been attacking Kobe to no end. Back onto topic, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal announced tomorrow morning.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Grow up and learn how to spell his name already. Pincus. P I N C U S
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

I hadn't caught that before. Classless.

Eric, no offense but you have had alot alot of wrong Information... I'm not sure if we could trust you.

I'm not gonna take sides with Vescey but your trackrecord indicates your wrong 85% of the time and 15% of the time your right.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mulisha
    What you also have to take into account is Vecsey's disdain for the Lakers. Recently, he has just been attacking Kobe to no end. Back onto topic, I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal announced tomorrow morning.
    Did you ever think Kobe actually really deserves it? He's acting like a punk that thinks like he can get away w/ everything... I'm glad the NBA suspended he and knocked him back down to earth... In my book in this last month Kobe has raised himself up to the same headcse level as Artest...

BTW, anyone think the trade (if w/ the Lakers) will be annouced not till after Tues, till Kobe's suspension is over, so they won't be shorthanded vs. Utah Tues...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold

The Lamar Odom that was on Miami a couple of seasons ago was one of the top players in the game. I know we had no answer on him that included Artest guarding him. Put the ball in his hands and I think we will all like what we see from him.

BlueNGold - If your expecting the Pacers to get any high value out of Artest then your in a fantasyland...

Seth - reread the Dampier article - that's just me saying it was a good idea and could be done under the salary cap - never presented as a rumor or anything actual. I've written tons of articles suggesting what should happen - that's part of my job - just read it carefully.

The Bender thing = guilty as charged.

I never said that Curry or KG would be traded to the Lakers. I said that the Lakers were trying to get Curry and that has since been admitted by Mitch Kupchak.

The KG report was a hint that KG was on the block - and then a month later it blew up in the media that there actually was some trade KG buzz.

I'm sure I have other innaccurate articles - you point out one - but why not list the accurate ones as well - like Shareef to the Kings or Watson to the Nuggets? Or the Jazz and Blazers swapping picks? Or Gary Payton being traded to the Celtics.

I mean I could quote some of your posts out of context to prove a point.

I've spoken to someone inside the Laker organization who is in a position of power and they flat out said that they won't trade Odom for Artest. I have to believe that person because they've never given innaccurate information.

I'm not just some fan - I was at the Laker game with credentials yesterday - in the locker rooms. I go to Clipper games as well with free reign to speak to just about anyone (except Donald Sterling - he doesn't talk to the press :O )

mulisha

Well it seems that he final offers were due this morning and a final decision will be made in the next day or two which is consistant with the report on the radio.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eric ,
    I enjoy your insights and know that you have inside sources . But even you know that a guy in position of power is never 100% truthful. I'm sure they have no intention of trading Lamar Odom , but you and I both know that:

1. The insider is not always 100% honest with any reporter.

2. Circumstances can change quickly to make any statement null an void.

Lamar Odom in a deal for Artest is not likely , but you can not say with 100% certainty it will not occur, because in sports things can change in minutes.

I have no doubt your info is correct up to the time you received it, may well remain so too .