Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 294

Thread: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,822

    Default Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Just was watching NBATV, Vescey was on. Friday night 8:45 Indy time. Lakers and Pacers are talking Artest for Odom.

    Vescey is saying the problems between Kobe and Odom is a lot worse then anyone is admitting. And don't believe the bogus report today out of LA about the Lkaers not trading Odom. Lakers security had to separate the two on the team bus and they (security) had to stay on the bus to keep them separated. Vescey painted a very disturbing picture of Kobe.

    Kobe wanted Artest, Phil wants Artest and talks have intensified and the Lakers know they have to give up Odom in order to get Artest.

    Vescey is saying the talks have picked up today.

  2. #2
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: New Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom

    Nice..very nice!

    I also heard Kev talk about this during the halftime report.

  3. #3
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: New Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom

    I do not believe this, Lakers came out today and completely denied it unless of course something happened in the late after-noon.

    Vescey is lieing I'm afraid.





  4. #4
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Very nice!

    I was against getting Odom, but at this point it sounds a whole lot better than any of our alternatives. Also, if we get Odom, I have a feeling we will see Saras starting at PG soon after. Just a gut feeling.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  5. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    In this case, I'd bet LA is lying before I'd say Vescey is.

  6. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,822

    Default Re: New Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom

    [QUOTE=GetOdom][LEFT][LEFT]I do not believe this, Lakers came out today and completely denied it unless of course something happened in the late after-noon.

    Vescey is lieing I'm afraid.
    --------------------------------------

    Did the Pacers come out and say Rose was not being shopped right before he was traded.

    Of all the "insiders" I trust Vescey the most especially with Pacers stuff

  7. #7
    mulisha
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this case, I'd bet LA is lying before I'd say Vescey is.
    What would make you say that? Kobe and Shaq loved each other

  8. #8
    k2m
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    isn't Vescey the guy you don't listen too\



    .... btw, Laker fans LG is up

  9. #9
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice..very nice!

    I also heard Kev talk about this during the halftime report.
    Fantastic now I might believe this.

  10. #10
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,252

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    I think something like this explains the delay...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #11
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by k2m
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    isn't Vescey the guy you don't listen too
    He's pretty reliable when it comes to the Pacers.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #12
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,006

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Normally you don't really listen to much to Vescey, but credit where it's due he did get it right with Byron Scott.

    Anyway, he has ties with Walsh and has not been that crap as he normally was when it comes to Pacersstuff.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #13
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood"
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's pretty reliable when it comes to the Pacers.
    Let's hope so.

    Jermaniac is gonna love this!

  14. #14
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k2m
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    isn't Vescey the guy you don't listen too
    Sometimes, but definitely someone you listen to when it's about the Pacers. He's had an inside track to Pacers information for years and years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think something like this explains the delay...

    -Bball
    Hmm?

  15. #15
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Would it just be Artest for Odom straight up or would we get a draft pick as well?

  16. #16
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Tins was actually involved in this deal. I know PJ doesn't like to use a traditional PG, but they might need another intitiator after losing Odom. Adding Tins might open up draft pick possiblities. Of course, I don't really think that's a great move, but maybe it's what both sides settle on in the end.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Vescey's been pretty on target with Laker information over the course of the last half year or so. I used to disregard everything he says, but his information has been far more accurate lately.

  18. #18
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    So is it gonna be stright up or will other players be Involved I'm guessing Foster or Cro.

  19. #19
    mulisha
    Guest

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is it gonna be stright up or will other players be Involved I'm guessing Foster or Cro.
    It can't be straight up. I think Odom makes 11-12mil and Artest is 6-7 mil.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Tins was actually involved in this deal. I know PJ doesn't like to use a traditional PG, but they might need another intitiator after losing Odom. Adding Tins might open up draft pick possiblities. Of course, I don't really think that's a great move, but maybe it's what both sides settle on in the end.
    Tinsley + Artest does work straight up for Odom. Tinsley is out with a new (?) injury tonight...

    Sarunas/Johnson/Gill
    Jackson/Jones
    Odom/Granger
    O'Neal/Croshere
    Foster/Pollard/Harrison/Walker

  21. #21
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,876

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Tinsley is BYC so Tins+Ron does not work

  22. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley is BYC so Tins+Ron does not work
    Yes it does, I ran it through RealGM.

  23. #23
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,148

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    I'll believe it when I see it.

  24. #24
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    We're getting killed at the point as it is, and we're gonna trade Tinsley? I don't think it's gonna take Artest w/ Tinsley to make this happen.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Vescey: Pacers and Lakers talking Artest for Odom. New info, Friday night

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley + Artest does work straight up for Odom.
    I don't think so.... Isn't Tinsley "base year"?

    But, you are right about one thing. It can't be straight up. There is almost a $5M difference between Odom's and Artest's salaries.

    So, maybe there is a third team involved. I would think an additional player from the Pacers would be either Pollard or Bender, which would require another player coming with Odom from the Lakers if it is a two-team trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •