Thread: Reading between the lines...

Default Reading between the lines...

As usual, Mrs. RWB will talk to anyone and they seem to respond. At last night's game she had the opportunity to talk with Darnell Hillman for some minutes. I stood back and tried to look disinterested, but of course wondered what the conversation was about.

She let's me know "oh what a very nice man, blah blah blah, told him I really enjoy his commentary at half time and the post game show, blah blah blah". "Oh and I got an autograph, blah blah blah" Me "That's nice dear, he seems like a very likeable fellow" Mrs. RWB "Oh, and I asked him what he thought of the Lamar Odom rumors" I thought good girl.

Anyway the Mrs. said "Dr. Dunk says Odom is a good looking player, but we're (Pacers) already stacked at that position. There really isn't a need so????" shrugging her shoulders. So I'm asking "So what did you get out of that"? THe Mrs. "I think he was saying the PAcers aren't interested in Odom". So did he say anything else? The Mrs. "He said it's still going to be awhile. Teams are still trying to low ball, but Donnie will never let that happen".

Nothing earth shattering here, but I do wonder if Dr. Dunk was letting the wife know in a round about way Donnie is not interested in getting a forward in return?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: Reading between the lines...

I don't have any idea, but is Dr. Dunk on the inside. I did not think he was.

UB, I don't know about being on the inside, but he does work for the Pacer organization.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    UB, I don't know about being on the inside, but he does work for the Pacer organization.

Yeah but I'm certain that they hear rumors just like anyone else. Just because you work for the company doesn't mean you have the inside scoop. We all work for one company or another. We have no clue as to what our CEO is doing. I'm certain that the same thing goes for Pacer employees.

I never discount anything someone with the organization might say. I don't think it takes being a close confidant of Donnie's to hear things. Hell, I've learned stuff from just hanging out with Pacers. Stuff gets around and Darnell is in a position to hear things, inho.

I'm not going to read a ton into it, but that IS pretty interesting, RWB
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Darnell Hillman

Associate Director/Camps & Clinics/Alumni Relations
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vescey says no Odom , now Hillman says no interest in Odom. My guess is no Lamar Odom. I believe there was interest but the Lakers are not offering him.

SG should be our number one interest IMO. Another scorer to pair with JO at SG.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?