Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: We really do miss Ron

  1. #1
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default We really do miss Ron

    Don't we

  2. #2
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    No.

  3. #3
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    WHO?
    No not really.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Oh boy

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Not in the way that matters. When he's here he's the psycho that wrecks our chemistry. When he's gone it's his own doing and we lose the talent. I'll be happy when he's cut loose and we at least have another player here who won't be the biggest tease in Pacer history. From there we'll have to rebuild, because nutball couldn't keep it together.

  6. #6
    Banned GetOdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Man I know Ron was a bad chemistry guy but from looking at the Pacers the last couple of games Ron met so much on this team even though he was a Cancer.

  7. #7
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't we

    No we don't, he's the one that caused all this... I hope DW makes a trade soon and Artest's name is never spoken here again...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  8. #8

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Ron brought his game every night. You never had worry about his hustle, desire to win or effort.

    He just left his brain somewhere else.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Time to move on past this sad saga.

  10. #10

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    I miss his game a lot, I don't miss him at all.

  11. #11
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    YOUR MAN IS GONE. GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE!

  12. #12
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Ron the player, not Ron the person.

    Let's move on.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    That's just how Ron lives his life now.

    Let's please move on.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    NOOOOOOO..He is done in Indy.
    Right now the trade rumor and speculation is runnin all crazy.I really hope Ron can pack his bags tomolo~!

  15. #15
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    This is how I feel about Ron:

    When we first got him he was like meeting a girl for the first time that seemed really attractive...hell of a personality too. Nothing wrong. One day she starts flipping out because she burned the toast (camera incident in NY) but you deal with it because she's just beautiful and she's shown some amazing flashes of potential if you keep hooking up with her (potential quadruple double). Then almost a year goes by and everything is perfect. Everything is flawless. Some of the wheels start coming off slowly though (weirdness in the ECF vs. Detroit) until finally she goes nutso on you and then dumps YOU (brawl) only a couple of weeks after you had had some of the greatest moments in your relationship. She comes begging back after that and you say yes of course because she is damn hot...and you are a guy after all/team contending for a championship. You get set up with other attractive girls but you turn them all down because none of them can even touch this girl where it really matters. Then she drops the bomb AGAIN and dumps YOU again for NO reason. Then she immediately changes her mind again and wants back. This is where the Pacers are at right now. Personally, I'm the sucker that wants her back and will pine like crazy over her if she doesn't come back. I was the guy that actually cried when she left me the first time. This chick has broken my heart twice now...but of course I want more even if I know deep inside me that only more heart break awaits me...but the truth is, I also know I am never finding anybody as good as her and I will never have another shot at the "championship."

  16. #16
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,481

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    ^^^^ DAMN

  17. #17
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is how I feel about Ron:

    When we first got him he was like meeting a girl for the first time that seemed really attractive...hell of a personality too. Nothing wrong. One day she starts flipping out because she burned the toast (camera incident in NY) but you deal with it because she's just beautiful and she's shown some amazing flashes of potential if you keep hooking up with her (potential quadruple double). Then almost a year goes by and everything is perfect. Everything is flawless. Some of the wheels start coming off slowly though (weirdness in the ECF vs. Detroit) until finally she goes nutso on you and then dumps YOU (brawl) only a couple of weeks after you had had some of the greatest moments in your relationship. She comes begging back after that and you say yes of course because she is damn hot...and you are a guy after all/team contending for a championship. You get set up with other attractive girls but you turn them all down because none of them can even touch this girl where it really matters. Then she drops the bomb AGAIN and dumps YOU again for NO reason. Then she immediately changes her mind again and wants back. This is where the Pacers are at right now. Personally, I'm the sucker that wants her back and will pine like crazy over her if she doesn't come back. I was the guy that actually cried when she left me the first time. This chick has broken my heart twice now...but of course I want more even if I know deep inside me that only more heart break awaits me...but the truth is, I also know I am never finding anybody as good as her and I will never have another shot at the "championship."
    lol Great post

  18. #18
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's just how Ron lives his life now.

    Let's please move on.
    Classic
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  19. #19
    Member NPFII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is how I feel about Ron:

    When we first got him he was like meeting a girl for the first time that seemed really attractive...hell of a personality too. Nothing wrong. One day she starts flipping out because she burned the toast (camera incident in NY) but you deal with it because she's just beautiful and she's shown some amazing flashes of potential if you keep hooking up with her (potential quadruple double). Then almost a year goes by and everything is perfect. Everything is flawless. Some of the wheels start coming off slowly though (weirdness in the ECF vs. Detroit) until finally she goes nutso on you and then dumps YOU (brawl) only a couple of weeks after you had had some of the greatest moments in your relationship. She comes begging back after that and you say yes of course because she is damn hot...and you are a guy after all/team contending for a championship. You get set up with other attractive girls but you turn them all down because none of them can even touch this girl where it really matters. Then she drops the bomb AGAIN and dumps YOU again for NO reason. Then she immediately changes her mind again and wants back. This is where the Pacers are at right now. Personally, I'm the sucker that wants her back and will pine like crazy over her if she doesn't come back. I was the guy that actually cried when she left me the first time. This chick has broken my heart twice now...but of course I want more even if I know deep inside me that only more heart break awaits me...but the truth is, I also know I am never finding anybody as good as her and I will never have another shot at the "championship."
    Two things:
    1. She's just another b!yatch. Plenty of (normal) fish in the ocean who can get you to your "championship". Cure a broken heart with a new girl & time.
    2. Man, you need to get laid. Really.

  20. #20

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This chick has broken my heart twice now...but of course I want more
    You forgot about the 57 other times she broke your heart and you took her back. And the time she strangled your dog. Then she microwaved your goldfish.

    Also you forgot the time she slept with your best buddy. And your other best buddy. And all your best buddies' buddies.

    And then she laughed and kicked you in the nuts. 5 times.

    Is it all coming back now?

    She says that she wants to come back. She's batting those eyes at you.

    Please, as David Byrne of the Talking Heads said

    "Psycho killer
    Qu’est que c’est
    Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far
    better
    Run run run run run run run away
    Psycho killer
    Qu’est que c’est
    Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far
    better
    Run run run run run run run away
    ho ho ho ho
    EYE-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  21. #21
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Everything totally coming back now! She really was a...I just hope we don't settle for like a back up center and an adequate SG because that's what fits our rotation. I want a GOOD SG or a GOOD something. To keep the metaphor going, some girl that will make me completely forget about the first one. That's all I want out of a trade. I'm talking Odom-Maggette range here (I dunno, I've heard Odom is available while Maggette isn't) but definitely not Earl Watson...I mean come on. Earl Watson is a rebound girl at best.

  22. #22
    Member NPFII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything totally coming back now! She really was a...I just hope we don't settle for like a back up center and an adequate SG because that's what fits our rotation. I want a GOOD SG or a GOOD something. To keep the metaphor going, some girl that will make me completely forget about the first one. That's all I want out of a trade. I'm talking Odom-Maggette range here (I dunno, I've heard Odom is available while Maggette isn't) but definitely not Earl Watson...I mean come on. Earl Watson is a rebound girl at best.
    So basically what you're saying is screw the team (family), screw the needs ("championship"), as long as we get another selfish scorer (tight a$$, big boobs) with a borderline personality (sleeps around, no loyalty, no love) who people can fall in love with (love is blind, they say) ...

    That's sad. No wonder you get dumped all the time.

    What you really need is two things:
    1. A good rebound, just to get over her. Sorry - no basketball metaphor there...
    2. A girl that looks good (not too good so it doesnt go up to her head), a good personality (loyal, loving, caring) that will commit herself (to the team), and that will pave your way to multiple "championships" (lots and lots of sex/marriage/kids - wherever your dream takes you).

    I assure you that after a while you will totally forget the hot chick that fam-fatalled your a$$.

  23. #23
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    miss a guy who was the very reason we're in a pickle again? f*** no!

  24. #24
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: We really do miss Ron

    you didn't catch the essence of what I was saying...but the point is just this: I want a championship. I'm not saying we can keep Ron around anymore but my question is this: how can we win a championship with whatever we get back in the trade? My main priority is winning a championship. Am I alone on that? I will sacrifice basically anything for a championship...If there was a trade out there, J.O., Granger, Jack, and Tinsley, our franchise future for the next five years, for a championship, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't care. I want a championship. I think Ron has crossed a line. That's why he's going out but the thought still teases me because I know that two years ago we were the second best team in the NBA and most of it was thanks to Ron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •