Thread: They really dont care

Default They really dont care

Ok just saw everyone filing out, no one looked like they remotely cared. Almost like they expected to lose.

I'm on the brink of undeclaring my fandom of this team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: They really dont care

They care, it's just hard to show emotion when you lose all the time. It hurts.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We don't care?

I saw an underdog Pacers team come in to the World Champ's house and put up a good fight, minus the cold spells on offense.

Don't care?

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I CARE. I REALLY CARE. I REALLY REALLY CARE.
    THEY CARE. THEY REALLY CARE. THEY REALLY REALLY CARE.

I think they care, but I just don't see the effort at all. That's what is disappointing.

The other team ALWAYS has 3-4 people crashing the boards and getting their team numerous opportunities. We've usually got one person going after rebounds. Foster, Pollard or Danger...that's it! We usually have four people standing around the 3 pt line watching one dip **** go one on one. And then one of Foster, Pollard or Danger tries to crash the board against 4 defenders. STUPID!!

This team needs a makeover in a bad way! Is everyone beginning to realize how important Reggie was even in his downward years. The the shear presence of him on the court opened up the game for other players.

I like our team of last year with Jackson and Artest suspended and the rest of the guys working their collective *** off to win games. These guys look like a bunch loaners! It is truly a shame! Saras should have gone to Cleveland and I bet he is regretting it every day.

Water

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Naptown Seth

I saw a lot of smiling players on the bench late in the 4tth. That always bothers me, but I guess when you're a multimillionaire athlete with large breasted groupies waiting for you at your hotel you've got a lot to be smiling over.
    But still, one thing I miss about Ron is his competitiveness. Say what you will about him smashing cameras or kicking balls, but atleast he has passion, and hated to lose. I'm not sure we can say that about some guys on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok just saw everyone filing out, no one looked like they remotely cared. Almost like they expected to lose.

Try not to twist your ankle as you jump off the bandwagon.

So far I've seen you threaten to revoke your "fandom" of the team, whatever that means, and also call JO a bum and worthless. Real fans don't "revoke" being fans, unless something catastrophic happens that changes the entire face of the organization. For instance, when Donnie retires, if they hire Jerry Krause as the GM and he hires IT as the coach, I'll have to seriously reconsider my participation with the Pacers. But a losing streak should have no effect on your feelings. Hell, even if we have a 5 year period where we're in the lottery, that shouldn't stop you from being a fan. As another example, I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I grew to love them because they played a solid West Coast ball-control offense and a monster defense that forced a lot of turnovers. Typical scores were of the 17-13 range. Look at them now. Great offense; horrid, horrid defense. Do I hate them? No. I wish they would go back to playing my style of ball, but as long as the organization cares and they're playing winning ball, or even trying to get back to playing winning ball, I'm more than happy to keep supporting them.

Just a thought for you as you exit

Dear Jon Theodore,
    This team is playing post-traumatic basketball, most of them for the 2nd straight season. People react quite differently to trauma - some will play better, some will play worse. Some will get emotional, some will become numb. These guys don't know if they'll still be here next week.

In any case - this is NOT a normal situation, and I think that most of them care more than you can imagine. You are a fan. For them - it's their lives.

This is the time they NEED support. Threatening to jump off at a time like this - well, it seperates the Man from the Child I guess.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going..."
    The going is already tough. Are you threatening to go??? Shame on you!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I hear they've got room on the Cavs bandwagon.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    I saw a lot of smiling players on the bench late in the 4tth. That always bothers me, but I guess when you're a multimillionaire athlete with large breasted groupies waiting for you at your hotel you've got a lot to be smiling over.
    But still, one thing I miss about Ron is his competitiveness. Say what you will about him smashing cameras or kicking balls, but atleast he has passion, and hated to lose. I'm not sure we can say that about some guys on our team.

Yes I saw that two second shot of the bench. Jeff and Saras weren't laughing. But really it is unfair to draw any conclusions from a 2 second clip of the bench when the foruth quarter lasts 30 minutes. Unless you are at the game and have your eyes glued to the bench the whole time you cannot draw any conclusions watching on TV.

Sports Logo

I think they care I just think Rick cant get his head out of his *** long enough to get us a win right now. Its like he does not want to win.

Anyone can see that our best 5 man unit is Tins, Jack, Granger, J.O. and Foster/Cro anyone that is but Rick. Did that group play together last night even once? No!

Everyone on the planet knows that Sarunas is a better pg than AJ but AJ is playing the point over him. Sarunas is just wasted at the shooting guard spot. Everyone but Rick.

Everyone can see that the offense completely shuts down when AJ is in the game yet Rick will let him play late into the 4th quarter of a game against the defending champs to insure we cant come back.

Eveyone knows this team was built to play big not small.

I'm not sure I agree with this. We played three playoff caliber teams on the road. Playoff caliber teams are suppose to defend its home court and that's what they did. Much the same as we have at our house. Am I happy about losing? No, I never am. But losing to those three teams on the road is NBA basketball.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Pacesetter

(Just teasin)