Thread: What was that about? (Brent Barry)

Mood

Default What was that about? (Brent Barry)

Brent was dribbling out the clock, Tinsley walked up to him and extend his arm for a friendly slap as they waited for the game to end, and not once, but three times Brent refused to tap his hand. That was just plain rude.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What was that about? (Brent Barry)

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brent was dribbling out the clock, Tinsley walked up to him and extend his arm for a friendly slap as they waited for the game to end, and not once, but three times Brent refused to tap his hand. That was just plain rude.
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Pretty sportsman of him, huh?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I saw that...
    I wished the camera would've stayed with it to see if it was really what it looked like or if he was just waiting until the buzzer.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

No sportsmanship what so ever. once is okay because maybe he missed it. but 3!?

JamesR

I missed it, but it doesn't really sound like Brent. He's usually a pretty cool guy.

But we don't know what was said out there during the game either.

What a douche

Mood

I was surprised to see him do it. Tinsley hardly makes friends out there, but he had his mouth shut during this part.

I know some of you accuse me of jumping to conclusions but it takes more than what I saw of the Barry thing to cause me to come to any conclusions. It was curious, but in and of itself, inconclusive IMHO. So, benefit of the doubt goes to Barry. If the camera/director would've followed it longer and let me see what happened when the buzzer sounded then maybe I'd be more inclined to agree that what we saw was really what it appeared.

I remember watching a game where Reggie -missed- a FT and a player or two went to do the little hand slap with Reggie and Reggie thru a little fit. Then the next FT Reggie hit it and the guys didn't even try to slap Reggie's hand that time.... And Reggie chased them down the court for a quick tap. I still don't know exactly what the deal was but if you weren't there to see it all and only saw any part of that on camera then you would've had an incomplete and skewed picture and could've thought there was some ongoing issue.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

If that had been Tinsley dribbling the ball you'd say he was getting another case of sinuspoutinitis.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I saw that and to honest I thought if he had reached out JT would steal the ball from him and go with it. I thought he was just protecting the ball.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    If that had been Tinsley dribbling the ball you'd say he was getting another case of sinuspoutinitis.
    No, not really.... If you notice I keep that stuff reeled in a bit when it's something we see on TV. The camera can lie.

It's only when I go to the games and see something that I focus in on that I typically make a call like that.

If the situation was reversed, as you say and Tinsley the dribbler, I'd find it curious but I wouldn't be ready to bench him over it. If I was there and saw the whole thing play out, I very well could feel differently.

TV gives you a very skewed look at things sometimes. Especially things like that.

FWIW, if you remember the LAC game earlier this season when even the TV announcers mentioned Tinsley's actions (at the end on the Time out) I really didn't hop on the bandwagon too much because I didn't think the camera showed anything nearly as obvious as the things I'd commented on seeing in person at other games. Maybe LA or Harmonica (hmmmm was he even there yet? ) saw more than the camera. There had to be more IMHO or else the TV commentators would've let it go.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I know some of you accuse me of jumping to conclusions but it takes more than what I saw of the Barry thing to cause me to come to any conclusions. It was curious, but in and of itself, inconclusive IMHO. So, benefit of the doubt goes to Barry. If the camera/director would've followed it longer and let me see what happened when the buzzer sounded then maybe I'd be more inclined to agree that what we saw was really what it appeared.

I remember watching a game where Reggie -missed- a FT and a player or two went to do the little hand slap with Reggie and Reggie thru a little fit. Then the next FT Reggie hit it and the guys didn't even try to slap Reggie's hand that time.... And Reggie chased them down the court for a quick tap. I still don't know exactly what the deal was but if you weren't there to see it all and only saw any part of that on camera then you would've had an incomplete and skewed picture and could've thought there was some ongoing issue.

-Bball
    lol Mr.Conspiracy Theory the guy that is known for his hate on Jamaal Tinsley, thinks its Tinsley's fault the guy didnt shake his hand. Not a suprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    lol Mr.Conspiracy Theory the guy that is known for his hate on Jamaal Tinsley, thinks its Tinsley's fault the guy didnt shake his hand. Not a suprise to me.
    No No No.... that wasn't my point at all...
    I guess I was giving BOTH players the benefit of the doubt. I don't even know that he (Barry) didn't shake his hand as soon as the buzzer sounded. That's what I was saying.

For me, the video was curious but inconclusive. And I never said anything about it being Tinsley's fault.... that's why I said I was giving Brent the benefit of the doubt. I meant the whole thing could've been a non-issue for both players.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Naptown Seth

Yep I also noticed it. But to be fair, there were still several seconds left in the game, so it's highly possible he was just a little overprotective of the basketball.
    While were on the subject of Brent Barry, I gotta say, this guy's game has went down hill in a hurry. He turns 34 on Saturday. I think his career's about over. So there ya go, even if he was being an @$$, you can still take joy in knowing he's a washed up old man.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    I missed it, but it doesn't really sound like Brent. He's usually a pretty cool guy.

But we don't know what was said out there during the game either.
    Exactly! We don't know what was said during the game.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws