This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But then they wouldn't have Odum.
    or Kwami.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Clippers not willing to part with Corey

Sorry guys, I just trumped all deals.

I offered LB/DW a sack of White Castles, 2 Onion chips, and a 6-pack of Corona (plus the lime) to keep Artest on the IL for the entire year.

They wanted a 12-pack but I wouldn't budge.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    or Kwami.
    Good one, SikamoreKen.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Sorry guys, I just trumped all deals.

I offered LB/DW a sack of White Castles, 2 Onion chips, and a 6-pack of Corona (plus the lime) to keep Artest on the IL for the entire year.
    make it "with cheese" and you may have a deal
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned

Add this to the Doritos deal for SJax I made with able in the chatroom about 2 weeks ago and the Pacers have all sorts of snacks to share.

I spoke personally to the Clippers today. There's no Maggette or Mobley possiblity whatsoever.

Though unsaid directly - Wilcox is somewhat feasible - but it would appear the Clippers are less in the mix than what was previously believed.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Pincus
    I spoke personally to the Clippers today. There's no Maggette or Mobley possiblity whatsoever.

Though unsaid directly - Wilcox is somewhat feasible - but it would appear the Clippers are less in the mix than what was previously believed.
    I doubt Walsh would settle for an underacheiving bust like Chris Wilcox. I dont blame the Clippers for not wanting to lose Maggette, hes a great youing talent (albeit often injured) on a great contract. But to not even be willing to give up a 30 year old average player like Cuttino Mobley for a player of Artest's caliber is just crazy IMO. The Clippers strike me as a team content with being a perenial 1st round exiter. Ofcourse they're almost always lotto trash, so I guess their standards are lower than most franchises. Still, a Brand/Artest/Cassell trio would give the Spurs a serious run for their money, and with Maggette, they'd be the most talented team in the league bar none in myopinion.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    I doubt Walsh would settle for an underacheiving bust like Chris Wilcox. I dont blame the Clippers for not wanting to lose Maggette, hes a great youing talent (albeit often injured) on a great contract. But to not even be willing to give up a 30 year old average player like Cuttino Mobley for a player of Artest's caliber is just crazy IMO. The Clippers strike me as a team content with being a perenial 1st round exiter. Ofcourse they're almost always lotto trash, so I guess their standards are lower than most franchises. Still, a Brand/Artest/Cassell trio would give the Spurs a serious run for their money, and with Maggette, they'd be the most talented team in the league bar none in myopinion.

Oh well.
    A Mobley for Artest trade would be an absolute steal for them. Even with Ron being a nut, he is probably worth that kind of trade for them. They would have a tremendous inside out game with much, much better defense.