Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clippers not willing to part with Corey

Banned

Default Re: Clippers not willing to part with Corey

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Source? Link?
    My source is him getting absolutely berated in the locker room after last nights game from several folks, including Bryant and Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Everybody chant with me:

DRAFT ... PICK ... DRAFT ... PICK ... DRAFT ... PICK ... DRAFT ... PICK ...
    Can we say Odom Instead?

I for one am glad we're not getting an injury prone Maggette. He would just be another guy for everyone to pick at every time he went on the IR.

Diesel_81

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Basketball
    My source is him getting absolutely berated in the locker room after last nights game from several folks, including Bryant and Jackson.
    I originally wanted Odom here but now Im not to sure.Don't get me wrong I love his game and the way he can cause mismatches on the court. I think back when he was with Miami and all the things he can do when he has the ball in his hands. However in another thread Uncle Buck posted his salary in the upcoming seasons and he'll be making between 12-14 million per year for the next couple of seasons.If he plays to his potential he would be worth that type of money.Still thats alot of money for a team to take back when you constantly hear about Walsh talking about financial flexibility and getting Odom would certainly not help in that area at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_81
    I originally wanted Odom here but now Im not to sure.Don't get me wrong I love his game and the way he can cause mismatches on the court. I think back when he was with Miami and all the things he can do when he has the ball in his hands. However in another thread Uncle Buck posted his salary in the upcoming seasons and he'll be making between 12-14 million per year for the next couple of seasons.If he plays to his potential he would be worth that type of money.Still thats alot of money for a team to take back when you constantly hear about Walsh talking about financial flexibility and getting Odom would certainly not help in that area at all.
    Yeah, the best bet for the Lakers to get involved is in a 3 way deal. Toronto would love to get Odom to try and entice Bosh to stick around with better talent around him...Raptors could send Villanueva and this years draft pick to Indiana.

Diesel_81

Yeah, the best bet for the Lakers to get involved is in a 3 way deal. Toronto would love to get Odom to try and entice Bosh to stick around with better talent around him...Raptors could send Villanueva and this years draft pick to Indiana.
    That doesn't really excite me at all though since Im not a huge fan of Villanueva and I don't think this is going to be a strong draft class at all. Maybe thats the best we can do though.

The Warriors porbably won't part with Diogu but that is who I'd be after when talking with GS.

Naw, I don't think GS parts with Diogu though they will part with Dunleavy or Troy but I don't want to deal with there contracts.

Mood

Here's a ridiculously large trade I put together on RealGM thinking about this. I'm not saying they'd do it, just that this works financially:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...196#post304196

Naptown Seth

Yes! We're getting so close to a Chris Wilcox + filler trade that I can't contain my excitement! I'm telling you people - Chris Wilcox + filler (please let it be Bonifave N'Dong!) is that one major "championship move" we've needed to put us over the top. Chris Wilcox IMO is the next Karl Malone, only with a better body and much cooler hair. And I believe N'Dong, at 7' 205 lb., could easily be Jonathen Benders replacement, only he's Africa which makes him even cooler IMO.

GET 'ER DONE, DONNIE!

N'Dong is most definitely the most talented NBA player ever named "Boniface"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Seth, - don't bet on it Pacers want way more then Wilcox and the Clippers are not gonna give anything but Wilcox Clippers are out of the running.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    N'Dong is most definitely the most talented NBA player ever named "Boniface"
    Oh, I agree 100%. I'll even take it 1 step further - not only is he the most talented NBA player ever named "Bonafice", but he's also the most talented player ever named "N'Dong".
    How can you possibly pass up on that type of talent?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Well the thing about that is....that Harrison's agent put a clause in his contract that stipulated that any trades involving David would assure his client of his own Biggie Fry, or equivalent sized fry, from any other franchise.

Most places aren't willing to take on that type of asset baggage.
    I just heard a rumor that Jack-In-The-Box may get involved in trade talks.....they are willing to throw in one of those Jack In the Box antenna toppers along with getting a large combo meal.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I read a rumor that Kobe threw a TV monitor after the game. Maybe he's practicing his distance for the upcoming competition with his new teammate?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Yes! We're getting so close to a Chris Wilcox + filler trade that I can't contain my excitement! I'm telling you people - Chris Wilcox + filler (please let it be Bonifave N'Dong!) is that one major "championship move" we've needed to put us over the top. Chris Wilcox IMO is the next Karl Malone, only with a better body and much cooler hair. And I believe N'Dong, at 7' 205 lb., could easily be Jonathen Benders replacement, only he's Africa which makes him even cooler IMO.

GET 'ER DONE, DONNIE!
    Jeebus, Seth, make up your freakin' mind already! Talk about a bandwagon jumper!

And Wilcox and fillers for Ron would make me vomit with rage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Here's a ridiculously large trade I put together on RealGM thinking about this. I'm not saying they'd do it, just that this works financially:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...196#post304196
    If Jalen was a 6'9 PF, I'd be all for it

Question, do we really want Nene and Watson? unless we can get someone like Kenyon Martin I wanna stay away from Denver unless it's a 3 way and we land Al.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I read a rumor that Kobe threw a TV monitor after the game. Maybe he's practicing his distance for the upcoming competition with his new teammate?
    Thats the word on the street...I'm for certain about the harsh words, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe has reached a breaking point, though. He's busting his butt on both ends of the floor and using up a ton of energy..there's no way he'll make it through the season at this point having to carry the team on both ends of the floor. This is why I'm now in favor of giving up Odom..at the very least it gets Kobe off of the other teams best offensive player on defense.

I'm not sure what they'd do offensively, and that scares me, but I'm assuming they'd just have Walton on the floor as much as possible to initiate the offense and have himdefending against whichever PG/SG/SF was the least threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by GetOdom
    Question, do we really want Nene and Watson? unless we can get someone like Kenyon Martin I wanna stay away from Denver unless it's a 3 way and we land Al.
    I want Al and Watson for Ron and AJ.

Thats the word on the street...I'm for certain about the harsh words, though. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe has reached a breaking point, though. He's busting his butt on both ends of the floor and using up a ton of energy..there's no way he'll make it through the season at this point having to carry the team on both ends of the floor. This is why I'm now in favor of giving up Odom..at the very least it gets Kobe off of the other teams best offensive player on defense.

I'm not sure what they'd do offensively, and that scares me, but I'm assuming they'd just have Walton on the floor as much as possible to initiate the offense and have himdefending against whichever PG/SG/SF was the least threatening.
    Well, when your team only has 2 players worth mentioning then things are going to go bad. Kobi has to carry this team for them to do anything. The comparisons of Kobi/Odum to Jordan/Pippin are silly. I don't think Kobi and Odums skill stes mesh well and the supporting cast is nowhere near what the Bulls had. I laughed when people were calling Kobi selfish for scoring 62 the other night. With the talent around him he has every reason to take every shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    Well, when your team only has 2 players worth mentioning then things are going to go bad. Kobi has to carry this team for them to do anything. The comparisons of Kobi/Odum to Jordan/Pippin are silly. I don't think Kobi and Odums skill stes mesh well and the supporting cast is nowhere near what the Bulls had. I laughed when people were calling Kobi selfish for scoring 62 the other night. With the talent around him he has every reason to take every shot.
    Damn ball-hogging Kobi. He should never have driven off Shak like that.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Damn ball-hogging Kobi. He should never have driven off Shak like that.
    But then they wouldn't have Odum.

or coach Jerkson
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    But then they wouldn't have Odum.
    But they'd have TruWarier!