Thread: ESPN Radio Fake Artest Tease.. horrible !!

Default ESPN Radio Fake Artest Tease.. horrible !!

I had heard a few minutes before 9:00am EST ... on Mike and Mike .. a tease about breaking news and the questions was posed ,, a new home for Ron Artest ?? I don't think they have come back to it yet though? I had to turn it off to head into the office this morning.... So I guess they should be coming back to it shortly...

Ok so they get into it by saying some breaking news within the last few hours..as I turn it up...all they refer to is the Star Article and Bird's Comments and Denver being interested.... what a horrible tease... with no info whatsoever.. what I way to to start my day !!!!

I really thought the deal was done.

Why Not Us ?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ESPN Radio Fake Artest Tease.. horrible !!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had heard a few minutes before 9:00am EST ... on Mike and Mike .. a tease about breaking news and the questions was posed ,, a new home for Ron Artest ?? I don't think they have come back to it yet though? I had to turn it off to head into the office this morning.... So I guess they should be coming back to it shortly...

Ok so they get into it by saying some breaking news within the last few hours..as I turn it up...all they refer to is the Star Article and Bird's Comments and Denver being interested.... what a horrible tease... with no info whatsoever.. what I way to to start my day !!!!

I really thought the deal was done.

Ditto Frank. I was driving into Indy and took my time so I could hear it. The one thing I got at the end was that Indy was going to have to settle for garbage and the fact that it was taking so long proved that Indy was asking/expecting too much for Ron. A pox upon them.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

A cast off and a draft pick. That is what I originally thought the Pacers
    could get. I hope that is wrong.

owl

INdyBoy41

Since this trade BS started, I never felt the Pacers would receive another player anywhere near Artest's value in return. A #1 draft pick, some cash and one or two castaways was the best I expected then and still do now. The mere fact that it has taken this long to workout a deal tells me Walsh hasn't found a "respectable" offer he likes yet. Notice I said "respectable" and not "reasonable".

I heard that on my way to a 9am appointment, so I didn't hear the resolution. I called Grace after I was done, and she hadn't heard anything. I then heard a Fox Sports break talking about the Bird article, so I figured that is what they were talking about.

Just one more reason to hate Jason Smith. He's just horrible.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I heard that on my way to a 9am appointment, so I didn't hear the resolution. I called Grace after I was done, and she hadn't heard anything. I then heard a Fox Sports break talking about the Bird article, so I figured that is what they were talking about.

Just one more reason to hate Jason Smith. He's just horrible.
    I know it's torture doesn't ESPN have some better backups to fill in on the holidays..

Other than
    Erik Kuselias( who can become annoying sometimes)

They have no "bench" at all when it comes to replacements when Mike and Mike or Colin or even Dan are out...

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by INdyBoy41
    Since this trade BS started, I never felt the Pacers would receive another player anywhere near Artest's value in return. A #1 draft pick, some cash and one or two castaways was the best I expected then and still do now. The mere fact that it has taken this long to workout a deal tells me Walsh hasn't found a "respectable" offer he likes yet. Notice I said "respectable" and not "reasonable".
    There is WAAAAAAY too much interest in Ron to get a bad deal. All you need is 2 or three teams interested to drive the bidding up. We may not get a deal that we like, but its not going to be a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    I know it's torture doesn't ESPN have some better backups to fill in on the holidays..

Other than
    Erik Kuselias( who can become annoying sometimes)

They have no "bench" at all when it comes to replacements when Mike and Mike or Colin or even Dan are out...
    Kuselias has his own show at 4, which most local markets, like Indy, don't get. However, he's constantly filling in for Mike or Mike or Dan, and 9 times out of 10 Jason Smith gets his show. I can't stand Jason Smith.

However, last week they had some other guy who was an unabashed Patriots fan who was bashing the Colts right and left. I hope he stopped after James Dungy died.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kuselias has his own show at 4, which most local markets, like Indy, don't get. However, he's constantly filling in for Mike or Mike or Dan, and 9 times out of 10 Jason Smith gets his show. I can't stand Jason Smith.

However, last week they had some other guy who was an unabashed Patriots fan who was bashing the Colts right and left. I hope he stopped after James Dungy died.

I just about died last week listening to Bill Simmons all damn week. I can't believe one man can be that biased to everything Boston, and be taken seriously in the sports-talk radio world.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    I just about died last week listening to Bill Simmons all damn week. I can't believe one man can be that biased to everything Boston, and be taken seriously in the sports-talk radio world.
    Was that really Bill Simmons? Oh god. I turned it on on Monday and Tuesday, heard some guy ripping the Colts each time, and turned the channel. Having that in his articles is fine, but there's no place for such bias on a national radio program.

Naptown Seth

Yep, Bill Simmons. You'd think somebody who proclaims to be a "Sports Guy" wouldn't sound like a 14 year old girl, but Bill does.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Was that really Bill Simmons? Oh god. I turned it on on Monday and Tuesday, heard some guy ripping the Colts each time, and turned the channel. Having that in his articles is fine, but there's no place for such bias on a national radio program.

Yes, the one, the only......BILL "I CREAM MY PANTS AT THE THOUGHT OF TOM BRADY" SIMMONS.