Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

  1. #26
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,626

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Tell me how we can get Troy Murphy? I'd trade almost anyone on our team for him. (I said almost btw)


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. #27
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me how we can get Troy Murphy? I'd trade almost anyone on our team for him. (I said almost btw)
    Agreed.. I am right with you on that one...

    Why Not Us ?


  3. #28
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me how we can get Troy Murphy? I'd trade almost anyone on our team for him. (I said almost btw)
    Easy....get Walsh drunk and convince him to take on Murphy's huge contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #29
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have ZERO problems with trading Tinsley if we get Watson.

    As far as I am concerned......Tinsley is standing in the way of Sarunas starting or even backing up the PG position. By necessity alone....keeping Tinsley requires that we have a 3rd backup PG in the lineup. If we trade AJ for Watson....then we would either have Sarunas or Watson playing the backup SG position ( which I am not in favor of ) alongside the other backup PG....or we would have Tinsley starting, Sarunas playing backup SG and Watson ( a very solid but expensive 3rd PG ) sitting on the bench. That's why I am in favor of keeping AJ....he maybe expensive right now for a 3rd string PG....but considering that he will likley be called into duty as the team's 2nd string PG when Tinsley gets injured......I don't feel that he is overpaid.
    lol Tinsley is standing in the way of Saras starting? Dude has played in the NBA for 20 damn games and Tinsley who has lead us to a 61 win year is standing in front of him? The fruck outta here, Saras shooting like **** the last few games is standing in his way not Tinsley, He will NEVER EVER be as good as Jamaal Tinsley.

  5. #30
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Troy Murphy is a double-double PF who scores offensively from beyond the low-post....is a solid rebounder...has some 3pt range....but has ZERO low-post game, doesn't play defense and....within that last two years....signed a huge long term contract. I refer to him as a younger version of Croshere.

    Wouldn't taking on Murphy mean that we shift JONeal to the Center spot?

    If not...wouldn't it mean that he would be too expensive to play as a backup PF?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #31
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol Tinsley is standing in the way of Saras starting? Dude has played in the NBA for 20 damn games and Tinsley who has lead us to a 61 win year is standing in front of him? The fruck outta here, Saras shooting like **** the last few games is standing in his way not Tinsley, He will NEVER EVER be as good as Jamaal Tinsley.
    I admit that Tinsley has skills.......but he has 2 strikes against him in my book......he's too injury prone ( and therefore forces us to have inconsistent lineups at the PG spot ) and he lacks a certain level of maturity that I feel we need in order to win a championship ( and therefore has a tendency to do stupid things now and then ).

    Since I am pretty much in rebuilding/retooling mode and think that Tinsley is going to be traded by the end of the 2006-2007 offseason....if not sooner....I figure that we might as well get Sarunas the time he needs to get the rest of the team used to his style of running the offense.

    I want to start the rebuilding process so that the newly rebuilt team can get used to each other as soon as possible.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #32
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will NEVER EVER be as good as Jamaal Tinsley.
    Depends on how you define a good PG. If you need him to be a great ballhandler, then you're right. If you need him to make bullet passes, then you're right. If you mean leadership, you're wrong. If you mean shooting, you're wrong. If you mean getting others involved, you're wrong. If you mean temperament, you're wrong. If you mean defense, we're probably both screwed.

    Saras has more qualities I like in a PG than Tinsley does, so Runi's my guy. You and others like what Tinsley does better than what Sarunas does, so you think he's the guy. The question then isn't, "Who's better?", but rather, "Who's better FOR THIS TEAM?". I think the answer is Sarunas. A lot of positives to the table, a natural leader, and he's not an immature hot head, and this team needs to purge the ones it has. Tinsley is the least troublesome of the "Big 3" of Ron, Jack, and him, but he still makes the list with his petty, stupid T's, and his need to show up the other PG at the expense of the team when he feels "dissed".

  8. #33
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Where was Sarunas was Tinsley was leading this team to playoff wins? Better for this team my ***. The only reason he will ever get starts as a Pacer is if its because Jamaal gets hurt. He will never beat him out fot the job.

  9. #34
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on how you define a good PG. If you need him to be a great ballhandler, then you're right. If you need him to make bullet passes, then you're right. If you mean leadership, you're wrong. If you mean shooting, you're wrong. If you mean getting others involved, you're wrong. If you mean temperament, you're wrong. If you mean defense, we're probably both screwed.

    Saras has more qualities I like in a PG than Tinsley does, so Runi's my guy. You and others like what Tinsley does better than what Sarunas does, so you think he's the guy. The question then isn't, "Who's better?", but rather, "Who's better FOR THIS TEAM?". I think the answer is Sarunas. A lot of positives to the table, a natural leader, and he's not an immature hot head, and this team needs to purge the ones it has. Tinsley is the least troublesome of the "Big 3" of Ron, Jack, and him, but he still makes the list with his petty, stupid T's, and his need to show up the other PG at the expense of the team when he feels "dissed".
    Good post.

    I would like to add to this my primary reason for liking Sarunas over Tinsley: Sarunas has been available to play every game this year.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  10. #35
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was Sarunas was Tinsley was leading this team to playoff wins? Better for this team my ***. The only reason he will ever get starts as a Pacer is if its because Jamaal gets hurt. He will never beat him out fot the job.
    For the wrong reasons, you're right.

    The part about where was he when we were doing well is just a silly question.

  11. #36
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was Sarunas was Tinsley was leading this team to playoff wins? Better for this team my ***. The only reason he will ever get starts as a Pacer is if its because Jamaal gets hurt. He will never beat him out fot the job.
    I wish I had read this. before I put up my last post.

    BINGO!

    Jamaal ALWAYS gets hurt. Health and the team consistency it brings is more important to me than talent this season.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  12. #37
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol Tinsley is standing in the way of Saras starting? Dude has played in the NBA for 20 damn games and Tinsley who has lead us to a 61 win year is standing in front of him? The fruck outta here, Saras shooting like **** the last few games is standing in his way not Tinsley, He will NEVER EVER be as good as Jamaal Tinsley.
    Generally, I agree with this...but I believe he needs more time at PG in the league before I pass final judgment. It is clear he does not play even close to as well as a SG. I think it is because he lacks quickness for the position and his game is not to catch and shoot the ball. His strength is his creativity and leadership of directing a team, while he has the ball...similar to a QB.

    The fact he is playing SG while AJ is PG is one of the strangest things I have ever seen Rick do. There must be something more to it.



    He is not a SG and that much is clear. has shown much more effectiveness as a PG. I am no Tinsley fan, but he is a special player.

  13. #38
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on how you define a good PG. If you need him to be a great ballhandler, then you're right. If you need him to make bullet passes, then you're right. If you mean leadership, you're wrong. If you mean shooting, you're wrong. If you mean getting others involved, you're wrong. If you mean temperament, you're wrong. If you mean defense, we're probably both screwed.

    Saras has more qualities I like in a PG than Tinsley does, so Runi's my guy. You and others like what Tinsley does better than what Sarunas does, so you think he's the guy. The question then isn't, "Who's better?", but rather, "Who's better FOR THIS TEAM?". I think the answer is Sarunas. A lot of positives to the table, a natural leader, and he's not an immature hot head, and this team needs to purge the ones it has. Tinsley is the least troublesome of the "Big 3" of Ron, Jack, and him, but he still makes the list with his petty, stupid T's, and his need to show up the other PG at the expense of the team when he feels "dissed".
    You took the words out of my mouth. I want stabilility in the lineup and in the locker room.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #39
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on how you define a good PG. If you need him to be a great ballhandler, then you're right. If you need him to make bullet passes, then you're right. If you mean leadership, you're wrong. If you mean shooting, you're wrong. If you mean getting others involved, you're wrong. If you mean temperament, you're wrong. If you mean defense, we're probably both screwed.

    Saras has more qualities I like in a PG than Tinsley does, so Runi's my guy. You and others like what Tinsley does better than what Sarunas does, so you think he's the guy. The question then isn't, "Who's better?", but rather, "Who's better FOR THIS TEAM?". I think the answer is Sarunas. A lot of positives to the table, a natural leader, and he's not an immature hot head, and this team needs to purge the ones it has. Tinsley is the least troublesome of the "Big 3" of Ron, Jack, and him, but he still makes the list with his petty, stupid T's, and his need to show up the other PG at the expense of the team when he feels "dissed".

    Great post.


    I still believe in Saras as the Pacers starting point guard. Howver I don't think he and Jax would make a good enough backcourt and it has nothing to do with any real or perceived problems between the two.

    Pacers should pair Saras with a shooting guard who is a good ball handler someone who can create some offense also. They would need to play more of a two guard attack. And also someone who could guard either the point guard or shooting guard

  15. #40
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Pacers should pair Saras with a shooting guard who is a good ball handler someone who can create some offense also. They would need to play more of a two guard attack. And also someone who could guard either the point guard or shooting guard
    Yep that'd be ideal.


    Ginobili comes to mind as the perfect guy to do this, too bad we have as much chance of getting him as Duncan. =/
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  16. #41
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    What shooting guards create their own offense, and how do they create their own offense? Doing what?

  17. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where was Sarunas was Tinsley was leading this team to playoff wins? Better for this team my ***. The only reason he will ever get starts as a Pacer is if its because Jamaal gets hurt. He will never beat him out fot the job.
    Other then the "hothead" issue that I have with Tinsley....you struck the nail on the head when it comes to the #1 issue I have with him. If Tinsley gets injured a few games a year then I am okay with him and would even live with his "hotheadedness".

    But the problem is that in his last 2 years....the 2 season when we were closest to winning a championship with the current lineup.....he has missed a total 72 games due to some type of injury of some sort. Sure everyone gets injured now and then.......but when our starting PG misses at least 1/3 of the regular season and eventually limps into the Playoffs with some type of lingering injury......then we have a problem. You may love or hate AJ.....but there is a reason why he is still here ( other then Carlisls's manlove for him ) he's here because he is PG insurance for when Tinsley gets a sinus infection or injures any other part of his body.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #43
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the wrong reasons, you're right.

    The part about where was he when we were doing well is just a silly question.
    I think the answer is that he was in Europe when the Pacers were making a playoff run with Tinsley.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #44
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Actually a very basic Troy Murphy and Mickael Pietrius for Ron Artest and Jeff Foster trade works under cap trade rules. You could even throw Anthony Johnson and Calbert Cheaney into the trade.

    Murphy is in many ways Brad Miller with more range and less toughness and with a huge contract 6 years 58 mil...The Warriors look at Andris Biedrins as their center of the future and like Ike Diogu in this scenerio they keep both of them.

    This trade is solely my thoughts no source only that Warriors are very interested in Ron. Ron would make up for the scoring loss of Murphy and add superior defense.

  20. #45
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    He wouldnt have started then and he wouldnt start now. So the hell what he won a championship in Europe, Tyrone Nesby is considered a good player in Europe. Jamaal Tinsley is younger and is better now, and he hasnt even reached his prime yet. Sarunas is going to start to decline after 2 years in the NBA. And he will never be a starter in this 2 years.

  21. #46
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the answer is that he was in Europe when the Pacers were making a playoff run with Tinsley.
    Oh yeah? Well, you wanna know why Jackson will always start over Danny Granger? Where was Granger in 2003 while Jackson was winning a title starting for San Antonio? Yeah, that's right! Yeah! I win!


  22. #47
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamaal Tinsley is younger and is better now, and he hasnt even reached his prime yet.

    No doubt JT is younger, but Tinsley has reached his prime. He is 27 years old and will be 28 years old 2/28/06. Prime for most players is 26 or 27 through 29 or 30. I really worry about his leg injuries as he gets older

  23. #48
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell me how we can get Troy Murphy? I'd trade almost anyone on our team for him. (I said almost btw)
    Im with you on that. I would love to get Pietrus and Diagu but if there not willing to part with Diagu then I want Murphy. I know he has a big contract and isn't a great defender but he plays so hard and I really do believe he wants to win. I want those type of players on this team.

  24. #49

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wouldnt have started then and he wouldnt start now. So the hell what he won a championship in Europe, Tyrone Nesby is considered a good player in Europe. Jamaal Tinsley is younger and is better now, and he hasnt even reached his prime yet. Sarunas is going to start to decline after 2 years in the NBA. And he will never be a starter in this 2 years.
    Jamaal is a better player than Sarunas, when the game is played in a vacuum, and all you're looking at is Tinsley's skills vs. Sarunas' skills. But then, you need to start adding in some things. Tinsley spends at least a quarter of a season on the IL every year. He's rarely healthy for the playoffs. Sarunas has championship PG experience (be it in Europe). Tinsley disrupts the offense when the opposing PG is having a good game or making Tinsley look foolish.

    These are the sort of things that you have to take into account, instead of just looking at the player and making a statement. I love Jamaal's game, and his ballhandling ability. I hate his hidden agendas vs. elite PGs, and his injury proneness.

  25. #50
    Member PacerFan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA source: Nuggets a major player in Artest race

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about this?

    get:
    Ron Artest

    get:
    Nene Hilario
    Anthony Johnson

    :thepacers get:
    Al Harrington
    Earl Watson

    I would be VERY happy if this happened.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •