Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40

Thread: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

  1. #26
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,127

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Rick has for whatever reasons decided that Saras is the 3rd best point guard on the team. Because AJ is the point guard whenever Tinsley is not in the game. In fat Saras hasn't played point guard at all since Tinsley has come back
    And, conversely, using that logic you could say Carlisle has decided Saras is the best SG on the team.

    So, yes, I'm confused....

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. #27
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    I too think Saras should start at PG.

    The guy has been much more than I expected, we are wasting him at SG.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #28

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    There are so many things that go into Rick's decisions, it is so easy for everyone to sit back and critisize when things go badly, but he has already had to weigh each decision and go with what he thinks will give the team the best chance to win. Not long ago there were many on here saying why don't we make teams adjust to us? Make them play our way? Then he goes small, and it isn't working and we hear why doeasn't he play them big, match them...etc. Well I am sure no one is more frustrated or upset by our losses then coach, his staff and the team. They prepare each game watching hours of tape, planning the best way to play to our strengths and hit the opponents weak spots. I am sure Rick sees what we see, fixing it is more difficult then just starting Granger, or playing DH, or playing runi at PG. This is a team in turmoil, waiting to see what is going to happen, trying to remake itself after losing one of its all stars (again) and having others in and out with injuries constantly. This isn't excuses, its reality, and we have to recognize and deal with it as fans.

  4. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saras is not good one on one (or as a matter of fact one on five) player as Tinsley, but team plays better with him. Plenty people in Indiana see that. But may be you are right, he should be back-up, so eventually everybody will see his advantages over Tinsley and replace him.
    Tinsley is not the problem because he takes the ball to the hole. The problem is that when he dribble-penetrates, his teammates just stand and watch him. The only person I have seen run with Tinsley is Danny Granger. (I do agree he needs to start) If Danny would move into the starting line-up, then Jax could move back to the 2 and Saras would be our 2ND point guard, God I can't stand AJ. If the team starts running with Tinsley, then he can make spectacular passes, and he wants to. But until they run with him, he can only take it himself. It's not like he can pass to himself.

  5. #30
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by USB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IM SURE YOU SEE THINGS BETTER THAN RICK YOU SHOULD EMAIL DONNIE AND LARRY
    AND GIVE THEM YOUR ADVICE IM SURE THEY WILL BE PLEASED
    Please stop shouting.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  6. #31
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    I'd agree that Rick is getting outcoached right now.

    But I disagree that Saras at SG is the problem.

    If Saras doesn't like to play SG, then he should just shut up and pay his dues. The team needs help at SG and with his alleged jumpshot he's the best candidate.

    Is Saras in a slump? Has he been "solved"? I don't know.

    But I do know this team is much better with Tinsley at PG than without. Even the Tinsley bashers, and I'm sometimes one of them even though I've historically been a big fan of Tinsley - acknowledge that his biggest problem is that he can't stay on the court enough.

    But that's irrelevant. Our coaching problem isn't the backcourt, its the frontcourt.

    I'd bench SJax for Granger, but that's just me.

    The treatment David Harrison is getting these days is absurd.

    When Fred Jones was stinking up the gym earlier in the season, Rick stuck with him and right now Fred's playing fine for a backup SG. Why does Rick refuse to play David until its too late? He's a stubborn fool. Sometimes, he's right and being stubborn works out well for him. Other times, not so much. For that matter, Primoz Brezec would certainly be an upgrade over our current pool of C's, but Rick wouldn't play him either.

    So I'd vote for a starting lineup of:

    Tinsley/ Saras/ Granger/ JO/ Harrison
    with subs of Fred Jones, SJax, and Croshere. Foster and Pollard can slide into the rotation if/ when David struggles with fouls.

    But at the very least, David should be allowed to foul out of every game right now. Don't pull him if you're not going to bring him back later.

    Rick's infatuation with Foster is only delaying the inevitable.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #32
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Jeff Foster should not be allowed to play until he learns how to catch the damn ball, let alone start.

  8. #33
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd agree that Rick is getting outcoached right now.

    But I disagree that Saras at SG is the problem.

    If Saras doesn't like to play SG, then he should just shut up and pay his dues. The team needs help at SG and with his alleged jumpshot he's the best candidate.

    Is Saras in a slump? Has he been "solved"? I don't know.

    But I do know this team is much better with Tinsley at PG than without. Even the Tinsley bashers, and I'm sometimes one of them even though I've historically been a big fan of Tinsley - acknowledge that his biggest problem is that he can't stay on the court enough.

    But that's irrelevant. Our coaching problem isn't the backcourt, its the frontcourt.

    I'd bench SJax for Granger, but that's just me.

    The treatment David Harrison is getting these days is absurd.

    When Fred Jones was stinking up the gym earlier in the season, Rick stuck with him and right now Fred's playing fine for a backup SG. Why does Rick refuse to play David until its too late? He's a stubborn fool. Sometimes, he's right and being stubborn works out well for him. Other times, not so much. For that matter, Primoz Brezec would certainly be an upgrade over our current pool of C's, but Rick wouldn't play him either.

    So I'd vote for a starting lineup of:

    Tinsley/ Saras/ Granger/ JO/ Harrison
    with subs of Fred Jones, SJax, and Croshere. Foster and Pollard can slide into the rotation if/ when David struggles with fouls.

    But at the very least, David should be allowed to foul out of every game right now. Don't pull him if you're not going to bring him back later.

    Rick's infatuation with Foster is only delaying the inevitable.

    I don't think Saras has been solved. The guy is missing wide open jumpers right now. I agree that Granger needs to be starting for no other reason then just to rebound.

    As far as Harrison goes if he's not causing any problems in the locker room then I would play him. If he picks up 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes, I would still play him until he fouls out and if that happens in the first quarter so be it. We have seen from alot of pacers from Bender to Granger that if you don't play your going to look horrible. Harrison has lost alot of confidence in his abilities and we need to start repairing that. The only way to do that is to get in the rotation.

  9. #34
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    I'm not even gonna stress over it. Everything has a way of working itself out, the guys just seem to lack energy lately, and I guess it's understandable with all the crazy stuff that's been happening. According to the box we had 30 rebs as a team, and Dallas had 30 rebs on the defensive end alone. They had 19 offensive, versus our 11 (which isn't a bad offensive rebs showing for our team).

    Our assists weren't there either which shows me the team basically didn't bring it last night, on several measurable statistics. Our steals were low at 4 and our blocks was also low at 2. The team is just struggling, and in my opinion this is NOT the time for me to start beating them. This is the time to build on their strengths. Looking at the box the bright spot was that we DID get 11 offensive boards out of the 30. Jack and Cro were both in double figures for scoring and Cro hit for 11 on 2-4 shooting lol ... 5-5 FT's. Both Jack and Cro were 2-3 behind the arc, which is a nice stat, and they both were perfect from the line, Cro was 5-5 and Jack was 0-0.

    The team is fine, so we lose a game here and there, it's not surprising especially if the numbers aren't there. We had 16 TO's as well, so it's very hard to win when a team turns the ball more than they assist (16-13), get outrebounded by 19 (coincidentally the number of offensive rebs Dallas had) and lose the steals+blocks battle by 9.

    I don't believe Rick's the reason we lost last night, or any other night. He's got the starters in there for a reason, and if they don't show up every night, or when they do show up don't make the plays, it's not his fault.

    I'm just going to relax and let things unfold without getting to caught up in any of it, and maybe some others would benefit from doing the same. JMO.

  10. #35
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to relax and let things unfold without getting to caught up in any of it, and maybe some others would benefit from doing the same. JMO.
    I'm with you.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  11. #36
    MillerTime
    Guest

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    I have been a Pacers fan forever and Rick has to go because of his stubborness and arrogance. Michael Curry, Anthony Johnson, 1950's offense, etc... The list goes on and on.

  12. #37

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    This is the man that started Micahael Curry over Tayshaun Prince. It really shouldn't suprise you.

  13. #38
    stipo
    Guest

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Why doesn't Rick play Harrison?
    I have some ideas--

    Maybe they room together on the road and David has a habit of leaving the seat up?

    Does David not laugh at Rick's traditional knock-knock joke during 20 second time-outs?

    Did Mrs. Carlisle scream out "HULK!" in her sleep one evening?

    Could Harrison have accidentally sat on Rick's pet Chihuahua, so now Rick has a cute Gucci dog carrying bag and no tiny dog to go in it?

    Maybe Rick's just stubborn?

  14. #39
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Rick has his idiotic tendencies.

  15. #40

    Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe Rick's the reason we lost last night, or any other night. He's got the starters in there for a reason, and if they don't show up every night, or when they do show up don't make the plays, it's not his fault.
    Well, Rick admited himself that he makes mistakes, which sometimes cost games. Of course, it's not his fault that some players don't make the plays, but his job is to identify the sithuations and to have the second or even third game plan and players to implement it.
    This is only comment to the quote, I don't blame Rick in this abnormal sithuation (nor i am thinking that he is stupid), but i'm starting to think that he is not the most far-sighted coach (and some of his fix ideas just crushed).
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •