Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

Default Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

Why do fans see things better then this man does. We get out rebounded everydamn game, and yet he still continues to start Saras and Tins together. Saras is not a damn SG, he even said he HATES playing it. The man is a playmaker that needs the ball in his hands, and everytime Saras has to guard a 2 its a mismatch he just isnt big enough to guard them. Watching him go against Josh Howard tonight was just funny.

We would be a much better team if Danny Granger started, but noooooo Danny is a rookie and there is no way in hell Prick Carlisle will have a rookie in his starting lineup. I'm sick and tired of this man being so hardheaded. He is a very overrated coach.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's overrated, but there's no doubt that Saras needs to come off the bench and Granger needs to start. No doubt at all.

I agree Rick is putting some terrible line-ups on the floor this year. More than anything, his actions have confused me this year as I have agreed with his coaching since he has been here. It is frustrating to see Saras at SG...and makes no sense...especially when he is matched up against Josh Howard. What a joke.

And how he flip flops with lineups is damn annoying. Make up your damn mind one day you say Jeff Foster is the starting center for the near future the next day Austin Croshere is starting again.

Small Ball doesnt work well..does he know that?

Pacerman157

i still think he is a great coach and its early and hes trying to find a lineup that is best

I wonder if Saras is just in a slump, or coaches have his number, or he is purposely throwing up bricks to get back to PG...;<)

This team is a mess... And Carlisle is probably as confused as the fans as to what to do about it.

Of course he's the coach so that isn't the most desirable of positions to be in.

Maybe some new eyes could fit the pieces together a little better, but the team would still be a mess. We might pick up some wins, but I doubt we change our playoff future any until some things are addressed. And goals reassessed.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Well, one thing, the offense was built around JO and Ron and now it's missing one of it's pillars. So, do you just try to survive until you see what Donnie gets for Ron, or do you build another offense?

PfanIU18

i have always been an rc fan but this year is really stressin me out...his lineups have been realy pissin me off lately and our record is sad....j.o. w/ 2 boards against the mavs...are u kiddin me...do somethin...

He runs something into the ground before deciding it isn't working. I think he'll figure things out eventually, however the longer Donnie takes with this trade the longer that will take.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I usually agree with you Jermaniac, and i do agree that Runi is a better PG than off gaurd, but I don't blame Carlisle for our struggles. Its just too damn easy to blame the coach. No one was blaming him when we won 61 games. By the way Howard was 4-15 for 12 points so the defense was there. There is nothing Carlisle can do if no one on the team is trying to get a rebound. The effort just hasnt been there for most of the game the last couple nights.

It's a combo of problems.

Some of them are beyond Carlisle's control but there are others that certainly are within his control.

But to his credit, it's hard to make any kind of long term plans or offenses when in a week or two you might have to readjust them all over again.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Rick has already stated that this team was built around O'Neal and Artest. With Artest gone, Reggie gone, Rick is in a position where he has to experiment with matchups in order to find what works best. This changes from team to team and game to game. All you armchair coaches need to chill. I would pay money to see you out on the floor trying to coach an NBA game. Rick is one of the better coaches in the league, period. He consistantly wins and gets his teams in the playoffs. He does this when teams fall apart as well. Look at Larry Brown and the Knicks. LB is a top coach, a championship coach, and he can't get that team to fire on all cylinders. Anyway, like I said, chill.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Lithfan

I agree with Jerimaniac, the coach acts stupid in last games.
    The mistakes are as follows:
    1. Saras is useless at 2, he has no ball he can't create and the only thing he does is very quick 3pt shooting. And that is different from slower shooting in good position that he is used to. Start Saras at PG.
    2. Ever since Tinsley came back, one on five game has began. He is great in penetration and fast breaks, but he doesnt create team game. I think that Saras at PG means team game and that is good for Indiana. Start Tinsley at 2 or bench him.
    3. The rebounding issue is very clear: Pacers have been average rebounding team with Artest at 3 Jacson at 2 Tinsley at 1. Now instead of that we have Saras (~2RPG) instead of Artest (~5RPG), and Jacson playing at 3. That leads to decrease of 3 RPG in numbers while the difference between the leading rebounding team Clippers and Indiana - 20th is 3.5 RPG !!! The awnser is clear - put on bigger lineups! Oneal at 4, play with 5 at least 50% of the game and play Jax at 2 where he has size.
    4. The coach has to guide players to play team offence and he can let Saras to decide what play to execute in each attack instead of calling plays and dumping ball to Oneal.

But all those are temporary decisions. What really have to be done is trading Artest,Sjax and Tinsley and bringing great 2, solid 3/4.

I dont understand why you'd give Pollard garbage minutes when Dampier was tearing it up early on in the game. He is a situational center, to not use him when the opposing center he is supposed to be able to guard is dominating is odd. Maybe he is injured I thought, but no he gets garbage minutes to dispel that myth.

I still have faith in Rick, he will figure out the right lineup, it might just take some experimentation.

Maybe it's all in order to boost Artest's trade value.

Something on the lines of: "hey, if we lost a few games, maybe teams will see that Artest was really valuable to us, and maybe they'll offer something better".

Or: "Don't try to tell us we're a good enough team if you don't trade us Odom/Lewis/Magette/etc - look we lost already 2/3/4 in a row. We need a good player back."

Or maybe it's just - "We have the best 2 teams in the West back-to-back. We can't win them both, so lets try the 2nd cause we have better matchups there".

Whatever it is - getting outrebounded 49-30 (19-11 offensive) is humiliating if we actually tried winning. Something here's fishy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I keep hearing this excuse, no one was saying anything when we won 61 games. <---- that is past tense. Rick is trying to make teams adjust to us with the samll ball and its clearly not working. If we had a team that RAN the ball, the small ball would possibly work. Instead we are as slow or slower than the bigger teams.

RC says that he would like to run the offense at a more faster tempo, i cant tell. You cant tell me that he cant see that Granger needs to start. If players want to run more i say let them do it. There is nothing like going to work everyday and discontent, because you want to do more, but you fill like your hands are tied. Not saying the players should get there way all the time. But right now we have got to shake things up.

Is choice of lineup is mindboggling to me? I think RC is just way off right now with Artest gone.

At best my lineup would have been
    Pollard
    JO
    Croshere
    Jackson
    Tinsley

I just dont get it

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team is a mess... And Carlisle is probably as confused as the fans as to what to do about it.

Of course he's the coach so that isn't the most desirable of positions to be in.

Maybe some new eyes could fit the pieces together a little better, but the team would still be a mess. We might pick up some wins, but I doubt we change our playoff future any until some things are addressed. And goals reassessed.

-Bball
    This still does not explain how he cant see what every single person watching games can see.

Our best 5 man lineup is Tins, Jack, Granger, J.O., Cro

Saras is a FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR better pg than AJ and needs to be the backup pg NOW!!!!

After the starting 5 the bench should be Saras, Fred, Jeff and some AJ when we need spot up 3's

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan
    I agree with Jerimaniac, the coach acts stupid in last games.
    The mistakes are as follows:
    1. Saras is useless at 2, he has no ball he can't create and the only thing he does is very quick 3pt shooting. And that is different from slower shooting in good position that he is used to. Start Saras at PG.
    2. Ever since Tinsley came back, one on five game has began. He is great in penetration and fast breaks, but he doesnt create team game. I think that Saras at PG means team game and that is good for Indiana. Start Tinsley at 2 or bench him.
    I realize you are a Saras fan but try and be realistic. Saras is the 2nd best pg on the team. I agree he needs to be playing pg but he needs to be the backup

Lithfan

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    I realize you are a Saras fan but try and be realistic. Saras is the 2nd best pg on the team. I agree he needs to be playing pg but he needs to be the backup
    Saras is not good one on one (or as a matter of fact one on five) player as Tinsley, but team plays better with him. Plenty people in Indiana see that. But may be you are right, he should be back-up, so eventually everybody will see his advantages over Tinsley and replace him.

I've said what I have to say about the Saras vs Tinsley thing and I won't get into that again.

But they are very different type of point guards. Tinsley dominates the ball a lot more, and makes scoring passes. Saras moves the ball. Part of this is the Pacers run different plays when Saras is playing point.

Rick has for whatever reasons decided that Saras is the 3rd best point guard on the team. Because AJ is the point guard whenever Tinsley is not in the game. In fact Saras hasn't played point guard at all since Tinsley has come back

Why is Rick Carlisle so stupid?

He ate lead paint as a youngster?

Seriously, I believe there is something else going on here that we do not
    know about. If not this team is in serious jeopardy. I believe it is
    rebuild time on the fly. I am with Lithfan on the following.

"But all those are temporary decisions. What really have to be done is trading Artest,Sjax and Tinsley and bringing great 2, solid 3/4."

So with that in mind bring in Pierce and Harrington. Keep Foster.
    Trade Johnson, bring in Watson. Start Saras at point and Watson off the
    bench. I believe Saras is at his best as point and with a more up tempo
    team. Of course the above desires are mostly fantasy but that is what
    I would like to see.

owl

Lithfan

Has anyone thought of Tinsley at 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Why do fans see things better then this man does. We get out rebounded everydamn game, and yet he still continues to start Saras and Tins together. Saras is not a damn SG, he even said he HATES playing it. The man is a playmaker that needs the ball in his hands, and everytime Saras has to guard a 2 its a mismatch he just isnt big enough to guard them. Watching him go against Josh Howard tonight was just funny.

We would be a much better team if Danny Granger started, but noooooo Danny is a rookie and there is no way in hell Prick Carlisle will have a rookie in his starting lineup. I'm sick and tired of this man being so hardheaded. He is a very overrated coach.
    IM SURE YOU SEE THINGS BETTER THAN RICK YOU SHOULD EMAIL DONNIE AND LARRY
    AND GIVE THEM YOUR ADVICE IM SURE THEY WILL BE PLEASED