Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it make me any less of a fan...

Diesel_81

Default Re: Does it make me any less of a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like Tins' apparent attitude at times, but it would be tough to lose him. This team would have a very difficult time on the offensive end without him.

He is far better than Jax and less of a problem. He is nearly all-star material IMO. I say we move Jax and Artest for a strong shooter.

I like Tinsley but I do question if he has the desire to win a championship. Like you said he does seem to have a bad attitude at times and the injuries. I would have no problem dealing him if the right deal came along. I do agree with you on Jackson he needs to go and fast.

Yes Shade you will make yourself to be less of a fan, as far as I'm concern you support your team the Pacers might be struggling but they will get there act together.

Shade will always be a fan, just like I will. But I don't like the make-up of this team and I certainly detest it's "character" or lack thereof.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I don't really like this group of individuals much either... I always support whoever the Pacers put on the court though... I will always follow the Pacers.

I don't consider you any less of a fan, however.

I was a huge Ron-Ron fan and have never been a JO fan...

I do like Sarunas and Granger quite a bit, as well as Foster and Croshere...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atleast last year, amidst all the dissaray, we had the priviledge of watching the Reggie Miller treat us fans to an amazing push to the playoffs.

All of those final games with Reggie were a treat. Every night you watched him, you knew you were one game closer to the end with him. When Dale Davis came, it became even more special.

Reggie was the one thing that kept us fans going last season. Reggie gave us hope. Reggie gave us something to look forward too. Even though the team was up and down, watching Reggie in old form made every game a treat.

Now things are totally different. The team is up and down, just like last year, but now there isn't one thing to look forward too. Honestly, there really isn't anything about this team that makes me happy. I am pleased with JO playing hard, and I am hopeful about the development of Granger.

I don't think this team could eliminate the Celts in 7 like last years. This team would probably get swept by Detroit.

What did Saras say when he signed here?

Something along the lines of: "I wanted to go to the team that had the best chance of winning a championship."

Wonder if he still thinks that now? This team will be lucky to win a playoff series.

I never thought this team had a great chance of a title, Artest or no Artest. I couldn't imagine at the time why Saras would sign with a team of hotheads instead of Cleveland. Cleveland is probably better than us, and has the best young player in the game today, not to mention Saras' best friend in big Z.

I'm not throwing the towel in on this season yet, not until I see what we're going to get for Artest, anyway. But it's going to take a hell of a player to turn this around.

I'll always be a Pacer fan, no matter what. But I, like Shade, don't really like anything about this team now.

I think most Pacer fans went into this season dreaming for a championship that was really never within reach.

I'm sure the pessimistic posts on this board will continue after the Spurs take out their frustration of getting smoked in Detroit out on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987
    Atleast last year, amidst all the dissaray, we had the priviledge of watching the Reggie Miller treat us fans to an amazing push to the playoffs.

All of those final games with Reggie were a treat. Every night you watched him, you knew you were one game closer to the end with him. When Dale Davis came, it became even more special.

Reggie was the one thing that kept us fans going last season. Reggie gave us hope. Reggie gave us something to look forward too. Even though the team was up and down, watching Reggie in old form made every game a treat.

Now things are totally different. The team is up and down, just like last year, but now there isn't one thing to look forward too.
    Let me disagree with where you are heading just a smidge. Last year had a couple of things going for it...

One was obviously Reggie's last go 'round and the tremendous show he put on for us when the going got tough. No doubt about it.

The other was the feeling that "next year" (this season) would be different and the trials and tribulations were going to actually make this bunch a better team. They'd be inspired and focused with a chip on their shoulder and talent to boot.

(And of course the team was masterful in keeping everyone thinking there was a chance... a chance... we'd get Artest back before the playoffs and we'd all be right back where we were 11/18/04 before the end of the season.)

But there were warning signs. That's where my "Humpty Dumpty" stuff came from. But there was still hope that once the off season was here, and training camp, we'd be on our way.

And if this team had an ounce of maturity and mental stability (not counting Artest) then they probably could've pulled it together and been the team on a mission we'd all hoped for. But they didn't. They didn't use last year as inspiration as anything. They didn't learn from it. They didn't learn from Reggie. They (some) simply showed up with all their baggage, ego, personal agendas and laid an egg for us.

Whatever shot we had at a championship with this bunch at its core was effectively ended 11/19. Maybe it was a pipe dream in the first place. Who knows if Artest and JO could've made it thru last season... seeing how they weren't off to the best start then... and seeing how short the run was this year.

But in the end, here we are... again.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Let me disagree with where you are heading just a smidge. Last year had a couple of things going for it...

One was obviously Reggie's last go 'round and the tremendous show he put on for us when the going got tough. No doubt about it.

The other was the feeling that "next year" (this season) would be different and the trials and tribulations were going to actually make this bunch a better team. They'd be inspired and focused with a chip on their shoulder and talent to boot.

(And of course the team was masterful in keeping everyone thinking there was a chance... a chance... we'd get Artest back before the playoffs and we'd all be right back where we were 11/18/04 before the end of the season.)

But there were warning signs. That's where my "Humpty Dumpty" stuff came from. But there was still hope that once the off season was here, and training camp, we'd be on our way.

And if this team had an ounce of maturity and mental stability (not counting Artest) then they probably could've pulled it together and been the team on a mission we'd all hoped for. But they didn't. They didn't use last year as inspiration as anything. They didn't learn from it. They didn't learn from Reggie. They (some) simply showed up with all their baggage, ego, personal agendas and laid an egg for us.

Whatever shot we had at a championship with this bunch at its core was effectively ended 11/19. Maybe it was a pipe dream in the first place. Who knows if Artest and JO could've made it thru last season... seeing how they weren't off to the best start then... and seeing how short the run was this year.

But in the end, here we are... again.

-Bball
    I think it was a Pipe Dream.

But I'll agree with the premise of that post.

I don't believe that JO and Artest could have made it through last season. JO, Stephen Jackson, and Ron Artest is a recipie for disaster. Ron asking for time off in November could have had a ruining effect on the entire season.

The positive about what has happened this month is that Ron Artest is gone. We don't have the sideshow anymore. Looking back on it 5 years from now, I think every Pacer fan will shake their head at what he put up. His actions degraded the image of the franchise.

Bird and Walsh are smart. At the very least, they'll get a no-nonsense type of player. That's what this team has to have. We can't have anymore players that are always on the edge.

I don't want to dump O'Neal(unless KG is in the deal). Obviously, there are criticisms with O'Neal, but I don't think we could get anyone better than him in a deal. He is playing hard this season, I think his head is on straight.

I like all the players - SJax is the only player that I hate. He is a chemistry buster who is not even a good basketball player. I would trade him in a heartbeat but I bet you there are no takers for this fool.

It is ok not to like the team and still root for it hoping good things will start happening.

You do nto want to be part of the following - This was a the signature of someone at PD

"We went out to eat last night and there was a guy wearing a Lakers hat. I asked him what he did with all his old Bulls stuff. Before he realized that he did not know me he said I still have it at home.

Freakin bandwagon fans."

Lithfan

I have not liked the line-ups Rick has put on the floor.

Here is my WTF list:
    1) WTF is JO playing center?
    2) WTF is Cro attempting to guard Dirk?
    3) WTF is Saras attempting to guard Josh Howard?
    4) WTF is AJ playing PG...or even playing at all?
    5) WTF is Saras playing SG?
    6) WTF is Granger doing on the bench?
    7) WTF is Harrison not playing...ok, maybe he stinks now, but he should have been on the floor getting experience. Certainly we could have beaten the crummy teams with him gaining experience. Instead, they throw him in against the red hot Mavs. WTF!
    I'll add another one. Biggest WTF is
    WTF Artest is not traded yet?!

I have not liked the line-ups Rick has put on the floor.

Here is my WTF list:
    1) WTF is JO playing center?
    2) WTF is Cro attempting to guard Dirk?
    3) WTF is Saras attempting to guard Josh Howard?
    4) WTF is AJ playing PG...or even playing at all?
    5) WTF is Saras playing SG?
    6) WTF is Granger doing on the bench?
    7) WTF is Harrison not playing...ok, maybe he stinks now, but he should have been on the floor getting experience. Certainly we could have beaten the crummy teams with him gaining experience. Instead, they throw him in against the red hot Mavs. WTF!
    I guess I will have to be the one to ask, why not?

He's 7' tall (ok he might be 6'11" but it's close) weighs 265lbs of muscle. Why shouldn't he play center?

Name 3 better centers in the NBA?

Shaq, obviously.

Now name some more......

J.O. is just fine at the center spot because when he is forced to start & play there he plays more physical which is always a good thing. Remember unless you start Pollard or Harrison, J.O. is the center anyway.

So I have no real problem keeping him there all season long unless we bring in a big bruiser to take over.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    If I say, flat-out, that I don't like this team? I don't like how the offense runs, I don't like the attitude, I don't like the lack of chemistry, I don't like how the pieces fit, and I don't like some of the players. I continue to watch and root the guys on, but the pride and enthusiasm just isn't there anymore.

Have I just become too spoiled by the "old" Pacers that I can no longer appreciate the current team?
    cosigns..............right now i would rather watch WIFESWAP.

We have got to run, the players are so stagnant and look confused. We have the players to do it, But for some reason we are not getting it done. I try not to be a malcontent. But it is so frustrating right now. Im not going to say off with his head right now, but Rick needs to better utilize his players. And the players need to come in and work hard everyday like its there last.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't like the Pacers and had a hard time supporting them *with* Ron Artest, so I can relate to how some of you are feeling now.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    My favorites right now are Granger, Harrison, O'Neal, Sarunas, and Dale Davis (whoops)
    Throw Cro in there and I'm in 100% agreement

and especially Dale Davis.

Which by the way, can anyone blame him for doing what he did now. You can't tell me that Dale didn't see this coming, and by that I mean a total debacle of chemistry.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I guess I will have to be the one to ask, why not?

He's 7' tall (ok he might be 6'11" but it's close) weighs 265lbs of muscle. Why shouldn't he play center?

Name 3 better centers in the NBA?

Shaq, obviously.

Now name some more......

J.O. is just fine at the center spot because when he is forced to start & play there he plays more physical which is always a good thing. Remember unless you start Pollard or Harrison, J.O. is the center anyway.

So I have no real problem keeping him there all season long unless we bring in a big bruiser to take over.
    I think he should should play PF primarily because he is our #1 option on offense and if he has to bang with Shaq, Yao...and even centers like Brendan Haywood he will get tired and his shot will fall short. I recall him having problems with Haywood earlier this year due to his size. I also recall Carlisle or maybe Bruno saying that JO does not have the body type to bang with the big centers in the league. I think it had something to do with his lower body being comparably thin.

I think JO is fine against avg sized centers in the league, but even against them he would be stronger on offense if he did not have to guard them as well. Maybe we don't have the right C to pair with him now, but he was a nice combo with Brad Miller. In any event, I would like the see a space eater who has a decent offensive game to take some pressure off JO.

Pacesetter

What does Indiana weather and Pacers digest have in common?

Wait five minutes and everything changes!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    What does Indiana weather and Pacers digest have in common?

Wait five minutes and everything changes!
    In that case, I should probably take a five minute nap. Then I might decide NOT to kill you.