Thread: If we get one of these players can we beat the Pistons in a 7 game series?

Default If we get one of these players can we beat the Pistons in a 7 game series?

Al Harrington - Not sure if we could still get him
    Lamar Odom - will love to have him here and I'm hoping both sides work it out
    Rashard Lewis - will also love to have Lewis here

^^^^^ Can we beat the Pistons with 1 one of those guys in a 7 game series?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If we get one of these players can we beat the Pistons in a 7 game series?

I dunno. Odom hasn't been that great as a #2 option in LA, but he was quite good with Wade in Miami. So, the potential is there. And he's an excellent rebounder.

Al might make us good enough, but it means JO would likely have to move to center, and Cro would be basically out of the rotation again. We don't really need anymore PFs. If Al could be as effective as a SF, that would help.

I think Rashard Lewis would be perfect -- the missing piece for this team. He could make us good enough, I believe.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If we get one of these players can we beat the Pistons in a 7 game series?

With the Pistons playing the way they are, we'll need a lot of help to beat them in a 7 game series. However, its a long season and weaknesses could be exposed in Detroit, and we could hit a stride in which there are threads in Detroit boards questioning whether or not they can beat us in a 7 game series.

That said, Maggette, Lewis and Odom would all make this team a championship contender again. Harrington, maybe, but probably not.

Issac I strongly disagree with you Al will help us alot though we need someone like Odom to cause the Piston team alot of trouble with the mismatches.

donny

with Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis we can

The only player from the list that would put us over the top and beat detriot is Rashard Lewis

as trite as it sounds it most likely still really depends on how the pieces added fit.. not so much as what pieces are added that would enable this team to contend... that said there is no doubt (all be it a pipe dream.),., Rashard Lewis would fit the best and be the biggest addition for the team.

Why Not Us ?

Rashard Lewis is the best out of all of the above.

Not sure about the other guys though.

I think any of the following are realistic trades, and could put us over the top.
    Lewis
    Maggette
    Odom
    Harrington
    Carter

That's about the order I'd prefer them in as well. I put Carter at the bottom due to his contract. Even with one of these players, I wouldn't put us as favorites, but I think it could be done. It's a long season, if Karma exist the Pistons will have their share of problems before it's over.

Sports Logo

Of your list.....the best option would be Rashard Lewis after we trade SJax for the best defensive stopper that we can get.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

We are a long, long, long way away from being competitive with Detroit let alone "beating" them in a 7 game series. A reality check is needed around here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

I think we've got a solid 3/5 of our future starting five. Saras at PG, Granger at SF, JO at PF. We need a C and a SG. We could either go with two decent scorers at both positions or one great scorer at SG and someone who rebounds and defends the post well at C.

I don't think Jack is the SG (but maybe, it could maybe work). Harrison might be the C but when the hell will we be able to find out.

We need a good C + SG.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we've got a solid 3/5 of our future starting five. Saras at PG, Granger at SF, JO at PF. We need a C and a SG. We could either go with two decent scorers at both positions or one great scorer at SG and someone who rebounds and defends the post well at C.

I don't think Jack is the SG (but maybe, it could maybe work). Harrison might be the C but when the hell will we be able to find out.

We need a good C + SG.
    I agree. We need a C who can defend, rebound and block shots, and the best SG we can get...who can preferably swing over to back up SF.

It will be tough to get both of them, but I think Jax, Artest, Pollard, AJ, Gill should be the first to go followed by Harrison or Foster if necessary (but not both).

Granger, JO and maybe Tins should be retained long term.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    I agree. We need a C who can defend, rebound and block shots, and the best SG we can get...who can preferably swing over to back up SF.

It will be tough to get both of them, but I think Jax, Artest, Pollard, AJ, Gill should be the first to go followed by Harrison or Foster if necessary (but not both).

Granger, JO and maybe Tins should be retained long term.
    I don't think we need to rebuild, or give up on the present, at least not yet. We have a good center who is a great compliment to J.O., we just need to have some patience while he gets back in game shape. I'm not crazy about Jax, and if the right trade were there to address the 2 spot with Artest, I'd be o.k. with that, but I'd rather just see us get the right 3, and see if we can pull it together this year. A player like Maggette makes a lot of sense. He could start at the 3 this year, and move to the 2 if Granger were ready next year. I'm in no hurry to see Granger start, he has plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by abington
    We are a long, long, long way away from being competitive with Detroit let alone "beating" them in a 7 game series. A reality check is needed around here.
    he's right. no one player is going to gel this
    into anything resembling a "team" (which is what the
    pistons are).

so let's pose the question: what can put us on the path
    of becoming a "team".

i'll start:

- a clear floor leader - it's got to be Saras - that results in crisp ball mvt.
    - a scorer or 2nd option, preferably a shooter who can score (not on the roster now)
    - start the guys with character - JO, Foster/Cro, Granger, Jones, Saras
    - a solid 6th and 7th man
    - an enforcer (ala D2)
    - an assistant coach / coaches who can clearly add to what RC brings
    (which is still considerable)