Thread: where is bird?

Default where is bird?

not to go grassy knoll - but where is
    larry bird, why haven't we heard even
    one comment from him on what has got
    to be considered an exceptionally tough time -

now jackson does his disrespectful thing at
    the end of the cleveland game - this team is
    unraveling and our pres. of basketball ops.
    is just quiet??!?

Pacesetter

Default Re: where is bird?

Bird's overseas at the moment.

I see Bird as being patient. I like that about him and Donnie!

Larry's trip was reported to be 10 days, and he left the same day Ron asked for the trade. He's back by now.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

wait what did jackson do at the end of the game, did i miss something?

Bird's looking a lot like a figurehead these days, isn't he?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

stipo

He's been hiding from the press overseas, he's back now I'm sure and he's still hiding. This has seemed very strange for the supposed head of basketball player operations. I wanna hear his take on all of this, but haven't even heard a "no comment" from him. Shouldn't the local media have hunted him down by now? Or ESPN at least tried to contact him and report that he isn't doing interviews or SOMETHING??!

Bird is probably buried under Ron Artests house by now. I imagine he went to talk with Ron and it didn't go well. Maybe Ron went off on him and......no that couldn't happen could it?

PS: This a joke not backed by any truth or evidence. I personally like Ron and Larry both.
    But an hour or so later, Hibbert wrote on his Twitter account: "Love this coach [and] I love this team. We can go far this year if we play like that. 2night we played our hearts out. Just didn't get the win."

Tim

I have never known Bird to love the media, why should he start now?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird is probably buried under Ron Artests house by now. I imagine he went to talk with Ron and it didn't go well. Maybe Ron went off on him and......no that couldn't happen could it?

PS: This a joke not backed by any truth or evidence. I personally like Ron and Larry both.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Jackson got a technical foul and was ejected over disupting an official. Once the official got back from the scorers table and informed Jackson he waved his hand, with his middle finger extended at the ref. It was deliberate and somewhat obvious........then as Jackson walked out of the arena the crowd started baiting him and yelling at him. The announcers said he gave the bird to the crowd but the tv cameras didn't pick it up.

The Pacer's and Jackson were upset over a offensive foul that got called on Tinsley at a key moment in their comeback. The funny thing was that while watching the Kings-Mav game, Mike Bibby did the same thing the night before and the announcers were raving how "smart" Bibby was. Tinsley does it and the announcers say it was an "obvious" call.

Totally a load of garbage. Tinsley was running on the fast break and he stepped into a defensive man that was trying to run along side him, trying to draw a defensive foul. So anyways..........that was what happened last night.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

This thread should read "who gave the bird?" instead.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I have never known Bird to love the media, why should he start now?
    Has Bird ever been this quiet, this long, as a member of the organization AND with a story of even half this size brewing?

It's not like, technically (considering his title), that his input isn't part of this process. It's almost as if he doesn't exist or have any real connection with this at all (judging by our media). You'd THINK our local media would TRY to contact him and at least tell us he's refusing to comment or claiming to be too busy to talk to the media right now. Something. Anything.

I didn't see any reason for Bird to drop everything and get back, but there does come a point when his lack of input or even appearance does get curious.

BTW... whose idea was it originally to stick with Artest? Was it Walsh or Bird's?

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Has Bird ever been this quiet, this long, as a member of the organization AND with a story of even half this size brewing?

It's not like, technically (considering his title), that his input isn't part of this process. It's almost as if he doesn't exist or have any real connection with this at all (judging by our media). You'd THINK our local media would TRY to contact him and at least tell us he's refusing to comment or claiming to be too busy to talk to the media right now. Something. Anything.

I didn't see any reason for Bird to drop everything and get back, but there does come a point when his lack of input or even appearance does get curious.

BTW... whose idea was it originally to stick with Artest? Was it Walsh or Bird's?
    -Bball
    Maybe he has been contacted and just gave them a "no comment" or something to that effect. There really is nothing to report until something goes down.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Maybe he has been contacted and just gave them a "no comment" or something to that effect. There really is nothing to report until something goes down.
    That's partially my point, maybe the issue is less about Bird and more about the media. Bird should be contacted by someone from our local media and if he's staying mum on the subject, then just tell us that. Sugar coat it if they must, but show us some sign they are doing their job and at least making the call.

IMHO the silence from Bird is starting to grow deafening.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default LARRY'S EURO TRIP

"Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Bird sure is angry at Dawn.....

Does anyone really think that Bird would have a clue what to do in this situation, anyway?

I may not be the biggest Walsh fan around, but the team is a far sight better off with DW handling this than having Bird try to do anything.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Larry Bird =
    Boomer is the kids mascot
    Bird is the mascot for the adults

At least that is the impression I get with Bird being so quiet and showing nothing in this process.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

Bird is probably staying out of the media because Walsh wants him too. Not that Walsh controls Bird, or anything, just my theory. We all know that Donnie isn't afraid to use the media as a tool to create an effect that he wants. It's obviously easier for one person to do this, and keep the story straight, than two. "Three men can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Bird is staying quiet so he doesn't mess up DW's plans.

[/conjecture]
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Bird is too candid of a person to be in front of the press at the present time. So it is the Pacers strategy to shield Bird from the press and have Donnie the Wizard work up Ron's value by using the press. I can easily imagine Bird saying something like " Ronnie is a disruptive fool, chemistry is more important than talent, ........"

or probably Bird checked into a rehab clinic and is getting treated for depression.

Naptown Seth

Bird is away from the media, secretly training to get back into playing shape. Bird will be our starting small forward by Feburary and Ron will be traded for Brad Miller.

stipo

Default Re: LARRY'S EURO TRIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop

impressive!

I would have no idea of the thought process that goes on between the two, a person who is close to the situation describes it as mutual respect so I don't think there is a great dispute.

But I wonder if there isn't a differance there between Larry & Donnie over Ron?

Something I read in the Boston paper when all of this went down disturbed me quite a bit & this was before Larry knew about Ron's demands. He said that Ron should be allowed to break the offense & not be punished for bad shots because of the way he plays defense & all out every game.

It's no great seceret that Bird questions J.O. as a leader & I think even as an elite player.

I just truely wonder if Larry wouldn't have shipped out J.O. & kept Ron if it were totally up to him?

I wonder if Larry didn't try & leave the door open to keep Ron but Walsh just took over and decided that this is the way it is?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    or probably Bird checked into a rehab clinic and is getting treated for depression.
    That's the more likely scenario.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

stipo

^^^^
    wouldn't doubt that most of this is true.