Thread: What's up with Ronnie's Offense?

Default What's up with Ronnie's Offense?

Anybody know on this one? Seems like his O has been off since Carlisle benched him for skipping down the floor in the Dallas game.

Is it just me?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: What's up with Ronnie's Offense?

Skipping down the floor in the Dallas game??

Besides, he's had at least 2 good scoring outings since after the Mavs game ( @Spurs, Atlanta)

"skipping down the floor"

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Teams have made some good adjustments. They are playing him to go left, are playing him to shoot left in the lane and they are ready to help when Ron starts driving. Plus the Pistons, Nets and Spurs are three of the top defensive teasm in the NBA.

Ron also sprained his thumb, that might hurt his long range shooting.

Ron does not need to nor should he try to carry the Pacers offensively, he is better when he is aggressive but stays within the offense.

7-Layer Burrito

I thought Ron took about 4 or 5 questionable (ok, they were bad) shots last night. Seemed like he was jacking up some long, quick shots at the beginning of a possession when we really needed to run the clock and get some good looks. Granted, he does this about every game . . . but they're still ill-advised.

Ron does take some bad shots every game. I don't think it is out of selfishness, I think he just gets carried away and he likely thinks he is going to make every shot he takes.

He plays so hard and is so good defensively, the coaching staff probably can live with a bad shot from time to time. (plus Ron hits some "bad shots" often)

Sports Logo

Didnt he score 22 in the Atlanta game?

Seems to me he has been settling for a lot of jumpers lately.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Seems to me he has been settling for a lot of jumpers lately.
    Yeah that is what I noticed to

Ron is most effective when he is driving and being physical down low
    I think his outside shot compliments those area's of his game...but they should be his first option, not taking jumpers