Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    I just heard on the radio that Tyree Wallace, cousin of Rasheed, was killed in Philly during a drug deal.

  2. #2
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    My condolences to Rasheed's family.

  3. #3
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Real classy, RM.

  4. #4
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    What the hell are you doing dealing drugs when your first cousin has at least 20 mil in his bank account.

  5. #5
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell are you doing dealing drugs when your first cousin has at least 20 mil in his bank account.
    I was wondering the same thing.

  6. #6
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Just because someone's cousin is rich, doesn't mean they get any of that cash. Heck, some immediate family members of rich people don't get squat.
    My ex-girfriends brother became a millionaire (several times over) through stock options and she doesn't get ANY favors except a nice Christmas gift. She rents an apt. and makes everyday wages. Sad really. If I had that kind of money, my family members would NOT be paying the man rent everymonth.

    My prayers go out to this young man's family.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  7. #7
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Man, it seems like a lot of family members of sports figures are dieing.

  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone's cousin is rich, doesn't mean they get any of that cash. Heck, some immediate family members of rich people don't get squat.
    My ex-girfriends brother became a millionaire (several times over) through stock options and she doesn't get ANY favors except a nice Christmas gift. She rents an apt. and makes everyday wages. Sad really. If I had that kind of money, my family members would NOT be paying the man rent everymonth.

    My prayers go out to this young man's family.
    That's pathetic. Bunch of greedy jerks out there.

  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, it seems like a lot of family members of sports figures are dieing.
    They always come in threes...

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    This is a pretty disrespetcful title.

    He may or may not have been guilty of doing drugs, so let's not just assume. Even so, it's not a good thread title.

    That said, he did shoot a cop, so he's obviously not totally innocent, either.

    Prayers go out to Sheed's family.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2269914

    Tyree Wallace dies; Philly police officer injured
    Associated Press

    PHILADELPHIA -- A cousin of Detroit Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace was killed and a police officer was wounded in a shootout authorities said occurred after an undercover drug buy.

    Tyree Wallace, 22, was pronounced dead at Albert Einstein Medical Center. Sgt. Mike Mitchell, 41, was in stable condition Friday with a groin wound.

    Pistons spokesman Matt Dobek confirmed that Tyree Wallace was Rasheed Wallace's first cousin. Dobek said it was unclear whether Wallace would play in Friday night's home game against the Golden State Warriors, but said he did not participate in the team's shootaround Friday morning.

    On Thursday night, Mitchell was in an unmarked police car when an undercover officer bought drugs from Tyree Wallace before identifying himself, Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said.

    Mitchell then saw Wallace pull a gun. The officer jumped out of his vehicle and ran toward Wallace, Johnson said.

    "[Wallace] was fired on in response to him drawing a gun on police," Capt. Benjamin Naish said at a news conference Friday. It wasn't immediately known who fired the fatal shots. Several other officers were at the scene.

    Tyree Wallace was enrolled as a student at suburban Arcadia University, where he had been on the basketball team but was not on the roster this year, university spokeswoman Lori Bauer said Friday.

    Mayor John Street said he visited Mitchell in the hospital and the officer was smiling and talking.

    "It looks like he will be able to return to active duty," Street said.

  12. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a pretty disrespetcful title.

    He may or may not have been guilty of doing drugs, so let's not just assume. Even so, it's not a good thread title.

    That said, he did shoot a cop, so he's obviously not totally innocent, either.

    Prayers go out to Sheed's family.
    I altered the title, though technically, it appears to be true (see above).

  13. #13
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    R.I.P

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a pretty disrespetcful title.
    I don't really think it's all that improper to call a drug dealer a drug dealer.

    As for being disrespectful, I agree. I have NO respect for drug dealers.

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really think it's all that improper to call a drug dealer a drug dealer.

    As for being disrespectful, I agree. I have NO respect for drug dealers.
    I think it's disrespectful to his family to call him a drug dealer on the day he was shot to death, yes.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #16
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    Sad to hear anyone's died, but if he shot a cop, I can't feel too upset.

  17. #17
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's disrespectful to his family to call him a drug dealer on the day he was shot to death, yes.
    In that case, would you say ESPN's report was disrespectful?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's disrespectful to his family to call him a drug dealer on the day he was shot to death, yes.
    If I'm going to have concern about someone's family, it wil be to the family of the police officer who was shot. Or the family of someone who bought drugs. Or the family of someone whose life was screwed up because of the drugs.
    Or the family of some innocent kid who got messed up with drugs.

  19. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I'm going to have concern about someone's family, it wil be to the family of the police officer who was shot. Or the family of someone who bought drugs. Or the family of someone whose life was screwed up because of the drugs.
    Or the family of some innocent kid who got messed up with drugs.
    .....and the Wallace family falls into none of those categories? Drugs obviously screwed up his life, if that's the case.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #20
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....and the Wallace family falls into none of those categories? Drugs obviously screwed up his life, if that's the case.....
    I think what he's saying is, when you cross the line over into dealing, it becomes much harder to find pity for you. The guy is now contributing to the problem.

    People do drugs for various reasons. However, those that deal drugs are scum, IMO.

  21. #21
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what he's saying is, when you cross the line over into dealing, it becomes much harder to find pity for you. The guy is now contributing to the problem.

    People do drugs for various reasons. However, those that deal drugs are scum, IMO.
    I don't expect anybody to pity the kid. Obviously nobody can blame the cops for shooting him.

    I expect someone to have respect for a HUMAN BEING, and respect for his family.

    If he was a drug dealer, then fine. But the headline shouldnt be: "Sheed's drug-dealing cousin killed." Yes, I find that disrespectful. If you can't show respect for him, then fine. In a way, I don't blame you. But his family are victims in this, too.

    I agree drug dealers are scum. and if they had no families, I'd be fine with the title of this thread.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #22
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    Tyree Wallace, 22, was pronounced dead at Albert Einstein Medical Center.
    Oh the irony.


    Sorry, Kstat, couldn't resist.

  23. #23
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's cousin killed

    Why are SOO many athlete related people getting killed lthis year? This is very sad and now my thoughts go out to them.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: OT: Rasheed Wallace's drug-dealing cousing killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't expect anybody to pity the kid. Obviously nobody can blame the cops for shooting him.

    I expect someone to have respect for a HUMAN BEING, and respect for his family.

    If he was a drug dealer, then fine. But the headline shouldnt be: "Sheed's drug-dealing cousin killed." Yes, I find that disrespectful. If you can't show respect for him, then fine. In a way, I don't blame you. But his family are victims in this, too.

    I agree drug dealers are scum. and if they had no families, I'd be fine with the title of this thread.
    If I thought there was one-tenth of one-percent of a chance that the Wallace family would be reading this forum, I probably would have titled the thread differently. Since I was addressing PD and it's readers, I'm pretty comfortable with the wording I used.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •