Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaking news: James Dungy, Tony Dungy's son, found dead in Tampa appartment.

Default Re: Breaking news: James Dungy, Tony Dungy's son, found dead in Tampa appartment.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On ESPN?
    ESPN News will probably have it. I don't know about ESPN

Default Re: Breaking news: James Dungy, Tony Dungy's son, found dead in Tampa appartment.

James Dungy, son of Tony Dungy, found dead

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's department is confirming the death of 18-year-old James Dungy. Dungy, the son of former Buccaneers coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his North Tampa apartment by his girlfriend early this morning. A death investigation is going on now. At this time, it appears suicide is the cause of death.

The sheriff's office reports an emergency call came in at 1:30 a.m. from Dungy's apartment at Campus Lodge Apartments near USF. Paramedics responded, finding Dungy not breathing. They attempted CPR on Dungy, then transported him to UCH hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Stay tuned to WDAE and WDAE.com for the latest information.
    http://www.620wdae.com/localsportss...0051 222090516

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Christmas season is a mysterious thing. It brings joy and memories to some, others it brings dread.

House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

ESPN will carry it as well as ESPN News and Radio

SjA3837

My prayers go out to Tony and his family.

Locally it will be on Channel 13.

Son of Colts' coach Tony Dungy dies

December 22, 2005

Tony Dungy has left the Colts and is in Tampa, according to NFL.com.

The coach and his wife, Lauren, have four other children: daughters Tiara and Jade and sons Eric and Jordan.
    Fans posted prayers and messages of support for Dungy, who also coached the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, on a message board on a Colts fan Web site.

"Not only was he a great football coach for the Bucs, but he is an even better person," one Tampa Bay fan wrote. "It makes me sick that it happened at this time of year to a person that is so giving and caring."

Another person wrote for God to give strength to Dungy during this difficult time.

"When things like this happen it adjusts our perspective on life," one person wrote. "What was considered major yesterday doesn't amount to more than a footnote today."
    Updated on Thursday, Dec 22, 2005 10:38 am EST

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Why Not Us ?

it will be at 11:15

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, that's horrible. Even moreso this close to Christmas. My thoughts go out to him.

Prayers.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Just a hard thing to understand. Tony has always had family stay with him during training camp. Eric has been here the last two years the entire time and hung out with his cousin this year. Unbelievable young men, respectful, who because of their dad/uncle's position could be obnoxious but not one sign of that. Instead, they have that Dungy discipline and care about people.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

If you're interested here is the Buccaneers Forum

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread...3&page=1&pp=30

Taking it just as hard. Shows you how classy of a guy Dungy is and impression he leaves on people. I really hope the City does something, after the appropiate time of course. Memorial Fund or something...

We owe a lot to Dungy who has done so very much for this town, without wanting any recognition in return..

Why Not Us ?

Prayers to the Dungy family...

I will be thinking and praying for them this holiday season.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow.

So sad.

My prayers go out to the Dungy family.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by lenin_fresh
    Man, that's horrible. Even moreso this close to Christmas. My thoughts go out to him.
    I've seen a couple of people bring up the timing of this, being especially hard because it's Christmas. Trust me, there's no good time for the sudden unexpected death of a young person. It devastates a family regardless of when it happens.

I honestly don't know what to say. It couldn't have happened to nicer, hardworking man. Thoughts to him and his family.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Is that the son that is usually on the sidelines during the games?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    No, his son that is on the sidelines is Eric.

Thoughts go out to TD and his family. Football means nothing during times like these.

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    You're probably thinking about the middle son Eric who goes to every game.

I can't really recall seeing James at the training camps, but Eric always comes with dad. Little story on Eric and his cousin from this last year.

It was one of those days where no one seemed to want to stop and sign autographs. Crowd was a little disappointed and at this point a Colt staffer, Eric, and his cousin come rolling by on a cart. Someone in the crowd yells out "Little Dungy, how bout an autograph". Eric has the guy turn around and this good size crowd gathers around to get his signature. What was cool was they asked for his cousin's also (who was embarassed about it and declined) but we convinced him people were sincere. They spent alot of time to accomodate everyone. At the end Eric takes off a couple of Colt wrist bands, signs them, and then hands them to a couple of kids probably around 8 or 9.

You know adults are suppose to lead by example, but here two young men did the same and just made the day for those two kid fans and adult fans alike. I can only imagine James was the same thoughtful person.

I know many of the posters on here are young men in college. I've got an 18 year old away for the first time going to Purdue. I just can't imagine what Tony, his wife, his family are going thru.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

They are just a wonderful, wonderful family.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

My thoughts and prayers also go out to the Dungy family

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I can't imagine what the family is going through.

My thoughts are with the Dungy family.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Not that it matters, but has anyone checked out the Colts board over at RATS? The trolls over there are being their usual selves. Horrible.

With that said, my thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy family, as well as with any among us who have children.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My prayers are with the family as well. He is a class guy.

Unhappy Re: Breaking news: James Dungy, Tony Dungy's son, found dead in Tampa appartment.

I'm speechless! Such a terrible tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to the Dungy family, and the entire Colts organization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!