Thread: MJB Charity Game Report

Default MJB Charity Game Report

What a great time I had. The seats were awesome - best I've ever had. Mark graciously came over to chat with me a few minutes prior to the game. Got to meet Jay@Section204 and Hicks after the first quarter.

Great game. Complete balance. Good ball movement. Totally surprised by Grangers sneaky 16. Jax was realy into the flow.

Awesome time. Thanks Mark.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: MJB Charity Game Report

We need more details than that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, how many Pacemates did you bag, courtesy of the great MJB?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need more details than that.

I'm Slick to your Mark UB.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Yeah, I enjoyed running into you two. Nice to meet Jay and his wife as well.

By the way, we had to crack up as I sat down during the 2nd quarter next to Jay, and as we're having a conversation during a timeout, all of a sudden a lady is passing out Dairy Queen coupons to everyone in section 204 for being the loudest section, when Jay and I had to be the noisest ones in the section. You don't suppose it's..... rigged, do you?

I'm very glad that you got to go, ABA. Also glad that you got to experience such a great game! It sure was fun to watch on TV, so I'm sure you were as much in heaven as I would've been!

Mark, I'm sure you are tiring of all the praise being heaped upon you for your gesture (you shouldn't be; you did a very classy, very nice thing!), but I have to add my two cents.

This is the kind of thing that restores my faith in human nature. I realize that it isn't the greatest thing ever done, and it may seem like something little compared to the big picture, but it is important nonetheless and isn't little to me. Stories like this, where someone does something nice for someone who is deserving, are the kinds of stories that I like to know about. It feels wonderful to have seen it unfold at my beloved PD.

At the risk of sounding like Tiny Tim, thanks from me to everyone this holiday season for adding so much to my life! I get a lot out of interacting here and hope I add a little something to the mix every now and then to even it up for you all.

Seasons Greetings to all, and to all a good night!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm very glad that you got to go, ABA. Also glad that you got to experience such a great game! It sure was fun to watch on TV, so I'm sure you were as much in heaven as I would've been!

Mark, I'm sure you are tiring of all the praise being heaped upon you for your gesture (you shouldn't be; you did a very classy, very nice thing!), but I have to add my two cents.

This is the kind of thing that restores my faith in human nature. I realize that it isn't the greatest thing ever done, and it may seem like something little compared to the big picture, but it is important nonetheless and isn't little to me. Stories like this, where someone does something nice for someone who is deserving, are the kinds of stories that I like to know about. It feels wonderful to have seen it unfold at my beloved PD.

At the risk of sounding like Tiny Tim, thanks from me to everyone this holiday season for adding so much to my life! I get a lot out of interacting here and hope I add a little something to the mix every now and then to even it up for you all.

Seasons Greetings to all, and to all a good night!

Oh cmon now, he's a radio personality. They revel in the glow of idolization, just ask Mark Patrick.

J/k with ya MJB, it truely was a nice gesture.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I didn't even know about this, thanks for telling us.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good times.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Thanks for doing this MJB. ABA definitely deserved those tickets.