Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't we all hate Croshere?

Default Why don't we all hate Croshere?

No - not because he is a swooper or just plain runs funny.

But because I can count at least 3 seasons that he has requested a trade.

The *******!

Did he do it on Channel 59? Nope. Only because no one was interested in what he had to say. My guess is he would have if he would have gotten the air time.

I am in the minority here - clearly.

I have been a Pacers fan since Billy Knight and I want to keep Ron.

Admittedly, part of it is because I think the deal Donnie will make will suck. You all throw these names around - I do not see it. I truly think Odom, Lewis, Harrington or Maggette are pipe dreams. Jermaine O'Neal's mouth is helping to devalue Ronnie as well. The value we will end up with wil be the equivelent of cutting him. You all have much more faith in old bugeyes than I do.

Another part of me just enjoys watching him on the floor so damn much that I hate to lose that.

Is he a knucklehead? Hell yes. Does he make one too many knuckleheads on our team - again... yes.

I do question handing this team over to Jermaine though. You all have short memorys as so many of you trash him when he comes up empty at the end of games - which he always does.

Ron can make a last second stop. It is rare that Jermaine makes a last second shot.

I am perhaps the whitest man in America - and I simply like Ron a lot better than JO. And I know I am not alone. I can't explain it fully because it - like Ron - is not rational.

I know he will be traded this week - and that combined with Reggie retiring and Bender retiring (ha ha) takes a lot of my enthusiasm away. Albeit, I am sure, temporarily.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

Default Re: Why don't we all hate Croshere?

Dec. 2005, The Event II.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

"And Croshere has gone over the scorer's table, and is headed down to the bench! Croshere is in the stands! Oh, my, this is awful! Jeff Foster is getting involved now!"

"There is a look in Austin Croshere's eyes right now, that is scary."

:foster: 'We ride together, baby!'

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "And Croshere has gone over the scorer's table, and is headed down to the bench! Croshere is in the stands! Oh, my, this is awful! Jeff Foster is getting involved now!"

Awesome......just AWESOME!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Next stop June 2015

Yes, no one hates Croshere. What's to hate?

...and I think very few people "hate" Ron. I think a majority opposes him rejoining the team now, but hardly any hate him. People who oppose him simply want a better Pacers team (just as those who support Ron) ...and personally, I think hating Ron is like hating a baby. He is so incredibly immature that I feel sorry he has done this to himself and the team.

Some may want to see it from his perspective, but after awhile we are all expected to grow up. The truth is, Donnie doesn't think he will grow up any time soon, and he is probably right.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Croshere's eyes look demonic!" "Ron Artest can't even hold him back!"
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Talking Re: Why don't we all hate Croshere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    "Croshere's eyes look demonic!" "Ron Artest can't even hold him back!"
    Stick to stand-up. Leave parody to me (and Peck )

Super Bowl XLI Champions

Grizz game last year
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Why anybody would want Ron back is beyond me. It ranks logically right up there with the spouse that keeps accepting their cheating partner back. The first time it would happen, you would be upset but perhaps have some understanding. The next 9,000 times however, you would tend to see a pattern.

In my opinion, Ron has had 3 seasons in a row where he did something detrimental to the team. The first two issues are glaringly obvious. His suspension last year and his idiotic statements this year.

However, equally as disturbing as those issues are to me is how he just broke off mentally in the playoffs with Detroit in 2004. It wasn't just the slap to the mask of Rip Hamilton, but he just had broken off from what we were doing most of the series.

I wish I could find it, but Vince Lombardi has a great quote on building a team with talent. His philosophy was that you had to have a group of people who gave a consistent effort and were bought into the team concept. Otherwise, you couldn't build a system around it. He would rather have lesser talented people who gave their all each and every day.

I've never questioned Ron's effort on offense and defense, but I do question his commitment to the concept of team. He is bought into it one game, 5 games, half a season... whatever. But I've never seen him get through a full season without going all "Ron" all over the place.

We may not win a championship without Ron, but I also don't think we were going to win one with him.

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by Doug in OH
    No - not because he is a swooper or just plain runs funny.

But because I can count at least 3 seasons that he has requested a trade.

The *******!

Did he do it on Channel 59? Nope. Only because no one was interested in what he had to say. My guess is he would have if he would have gotten the air time.

I am in the minority here - clearly.

I have been a Pacers fan since Billy Knight and I want to keep Ron.

Admittedly, part of it is because I think the deal Donnie will make will suck. You all throw these names around - I do not see it. I truly think Odom, Lewis, Harrington or Maggette are pipe dreams. Jermaine O'Neal's mouth is helping to devalue Ronnie as well. The value we will end up with wil be the equivelent of cutting him. You all have much more faith in old bugeyes than I do.

Another part of me just enjoys watching him on the floor so damn much that I hate to lose that.

Is he a knucklehead? Hell yes. Does he make one too many knuckleheads on our team - again... yes.

I do question handing this team over to Jermaine though. You all have short memorys as so many of you trash him when he comes up empty at the end of games - which he always does.

Ron can make a last second stop. It is rare that Jermaine makes a last second shot.

I am perhaps the whitest man in America - and I simply like Ron a lot better than JO. And I know I am not alone. I can't explain it fully because it - like Ron - is not rational.

I know he will be traded this week - and that combined with Reggie retiring and Bender retiring (ha ha) takes a lot of my enthusiasm away. Albeit, I am sure, temporarily.

Finally a fellow Artest supporter . Boy, it was getting lonely in here.
    asking for Ronnie's head seem to be all the rage these days.

JO will never have Ron's intensity and desire to win, and when we compare there contracts I think we are trading the wrong superstar player.

O'neal is saying its him or Artest, if you really think about it, I rather trade him, first of all is he really performing to the level where he deserves his paycheck( 120 million) I dont think so. Secondly are we going to get fair value for Artest(talent wise) nope. Thirdly if we trade O'neal and his giant contract I am sure we can get almost any star, young talent , expiring contract in return and finally Artest is the biggest bargain in the league even with the occasional lapse in judgement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacesetter

Doug in OH, you are entitled to have your say about JO, Ron, Donnie, and Austin etc ...

Ron is also one of my alltime favorites of the Pacers, and I too have been watching the Pacers since before George McGinnis came BACK to the Pacers (FWIW). Ron may some day understand what loyalty means, but no matter how good he is, he's useless without that, and unfortunately, maybe I missed it, but I have never seen an ounce of loyalty shown towards our town, the fans, or the Pacers organization.

Austin has been through some twists and turns of his own, but for a different reason during the Thomas saga. I wasn't a fan of his, but over the last 14 months he's proven that hard work can move mountains. He's just a late bloomer.

JO is a 20-10 player. He is one of a handful in the game today. He has constantly strived to get better at his game, even taking pointers from Bill Russell a couple summers ago. He can stroke the deuce as well as any big man in the game today, and reminds me of the kind of jump shooter Patrick Ewing was at one time. Not only has Jermaine came on while he's worn Pacers Blue and Gold but he's done so under the Artest years, which has got to be worth some sort of bonus points (in my book anyway). He is very conscientious. He realized he was holding the ball in the low post too much and started looking for the open cutter, which is probably why he's averaging 2.4 apg, a career high avg. He's only 27 as well.

Donnie gave us Rik Smits, Reggie, Chuck Person, Detlef, brought in Larry Brown, the guy who started the Pacers on a winning Pace, brought in talented veterans like Sam Mitchell, Haywoode Workman, Byron Scott, Chris Mullin, Sam Perkins, Jalen Rose, Mark Jackson, Lasalle Thompson, Eddie Johnson, Michael Williams, etc ... etc .... etc ... I don't know, but from my perspective Donnie's overall grade is an A+ ... I love the job he's done! He's been the Pacer's greatest all star, imo.

JMO.

Whoa, what a forum Diva .........

Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

I'm really sick of the "lots of players make trade demands" argument. It's not that he demanded a trade. It's that he turned his back on the organization (not to mention fans) that supported him through 8 circles of hell.

And for the record, I am a Cro hater.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Wasn't mine funny, too?

Super Bowl XLI Champions

Cracktower's avatar: Reason alone to question his opinion.

What is that? Tyrone Edmond with a raven glued to his head?

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by flakcatcher

What is that? Tyrone Edmond with a raven glued on his head?
    More like Chaka Zulu( ever heard of him) looking at your avatar are you a spy

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I'm really sick of the "lots of players make trade demands" argument. It's not that he demanded a trade. It's that he turned his back on the organization (not to mention fans) that supported him through 8 circles of hell.

And for the record, I am a Cro hater.
    The anti-Cro! You will burn in hell for that you know.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    The anti-Cro! You will burn in hell for that you know.
    Yeah, I know. At least I got that going for me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Wasn't mine funny, too?

there you go Lord Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by cracktower

there you go Lord Helmet

That's better.

Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by flakcatcher

What is that? Tyrone Edmond with a raven glued to his head?
    Wow, very unexpected (and insensitive) from the guy with Chairman Mao (correct?) as his avatar.

The situations aren't anywhere the same.

Cro has never brought the team to a grinding halt the way Ron has multiple times. We're just lucky that Ron decided to pull this crap now and not in the middle of the playoffs.

And really before you would say Ron would never do that how many things has Ron done that we believed that no player would ever do. Ron is a special player.

*EDIT* This comes from a non-Cro fan, too.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I'll tell you why we dont hate croshere and there is only one reason....how many white, balding, and just plain goofy players are making contributions in the nba exactly...and im not trying to be racist here...im sounding like larry bird tho haha